PDA

View Full Version : need help with the car CD player !!!.. thx

GReY_CVC
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
well i have installed a new cd player at sound master few months ago and few days back it stopped working... power is still on as the player lights up but only the lights is on... and it doesnt display anything nor does it play anything... i cant even eject my cd... does anyone knows why this is??? or has this happened to them??.. just wondering if anyone knows what caused this is it installation?? or the player has gone bang!!....

thanks for any help.. if not then im goin to go back to the place to aask neway

incoming
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
what sort of deck is it?...
is it a flip?.. could be problem with the connectors not touching properly

i'd just take it back to master sound.. make life easier for urself man

Fr3aKi3
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I think it'd be helpful if you mention what headunit you have

IEVAQ8
10-03-2006, 01:23 PM
hey mate if nothing lights up on the head unit, it mite be the accesory wire has cum lose or it hasnt been put together right. use a test light to determin the power and the accesory. also check that the Eath/Ground is properly connected.

have fun mate

Fhrx
10-03-2006, 05:43 PM
With any deck problems, the first thing to do is check all the wiring behind the deck. Not only that they're solid but also that they're wired into the correct wires (i.e. no ground connected to the illumination wires etc). ;)

marte
10-03-2006, 06:05 PM
im leanin towards the problem is with your deck, btw if u got it installed by sound masters dont u get like s ome 12 months service warrenty or something..? also check ur rem cable and likefhrx said ur grounds & pwr

GReY_CVC
13-03-2006, 09:18 AM
it is a flip... maybe i should take it back to the place...

marte
17-03-2006, 06:14 PM
if you got a warrenty on the "service" i dont see why not :)

ICACHA
17-03-2006, 10:09 PM
warranty would be on the product not the installation "if" the installation is sound. what i mean by that is in most cases you would have to pay for it to be removed to get sent away for service and then refitted so warranty would cover the unit not the labour for a store, whether it is the one who installed it, but the unit only... see how you go...