PDA

View Full Version : X-Force exhausts

SiR
20-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Is this aussie brand any good?

They have a replica of the Mugen Twin Loop exhaust which I'm interested in. Price, of course, is heaps cheaper than the real thing.

Advice appreciated.

SiR.

A'PEXi
21-09-2003, 03:12 PM
they sound alright to me, theres only one way to find out :lol:

one more chance
22-09-2003, 04:14 PM
ill be honet and say i have heard mixed opinions about them. but to me the products LOOK good enough to me and i've heard the titanium items are fairly good.

ps i don't think it's an Australian company.

SiR
22-09-2003, 06:29 PM
I'll have to make sure the exhaust I'm looking at is titanium then :)

I'm pretty sure it's Aussie cos the guy at the shop was telling me that it's aussie made. He could be sh*tting me, but I'll take his word for it..

LatinoHatchCrap
22-09-2003, 09:16 PM
im also interested in the titanium one,,,is there a link somewhere for a

clip of how loud it is? That would be really good

SiR
22-09-2003, 11:24 PM
apparently, it's not that loud - well, at least the one that I'm after. Not a fan of loud exhausts.

sesshoumaru
22-09-2003, 11:39 PM
what is the range of the exhaust system?? i mean, is it cat back or does it include headers too?

how mcuh are these x-force things?? i like the burnt tip look :)...

SIKCVC
23-09-2003, 12:00 AM
do all the expencive brands make that much of a difference, I mean excluding the mugan loop style of cource, but even still does extending the exhaust achive much more performance over say a $160 2 1/4 cat back system? In what way does Titanium tubing aid in air flow?

This is a serious post cos I wanna know if its worth paying the extra money for the top brand stuff.

SiR
23-09-2003, 12:28 AM
As with most things in life, you do get what you pay for to a certain extent. In this case, brand names such as Mugen obviously provides quality of the highest standard in its products. Whether paying around $1600 for a mugen exhaust compared with $500 for something else is hard to justify.

jenova
23-09-2003, 11:20 AM
I had looked at a xforce 4-2-1 header before and IMO the quality is far far away from the Jap made header. But u get what u pay for, the price is half of what the Jap brand cost. xforce is not aussie brand it is called obx racing in the us. but the guy that selling it said that they were made in Japan, but that could be sales tatics.

I did not see the mugen replica but those titanium n1 mufflers are not bad and pretty good price too.

SiR
23-09-2003, 01:09 PM
The Mugen Twin Loop replica that I had a look at was just an axle-back. I don't think it was a cat-back. Price was around $350.

one more chance
23-09-2003, 04:37 PM
As with most things in life, you do get what you pay for to a certain extent. In this case, brand names such as Mugen obviously provides quality of the highest standard in its products. Whether paying around $1600 for a mugen exhaust compared with $500 for something else is hard to justify.

If you're talking about comparing Australian brand headers (eg Genie) to something like say Spoon or Mugen, then believe me, the difference in price is justifiable!!! Companies such as Spoon, Mugen, Toda, DC sports, HyTech, SMSP just to name a few, fork out millions of dollars each year on their R&D and the results definitely do speak for themselves. As far as headers are concerned, it is well documented that changing the existing exhaust system on a Honda may actually detune your honda, however if done correctly with the right products, it will actually give u a healthy gain in HP!

In my opinion, the best header for B series honda engines are HyTech headers. The quality is of exceptional standard and the design is close to perfect! The results will see at least a 10% increase in power through-out the rev-range.

Here is a picture of the HyTech header

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/400190/htyper.jpg

The picture does not do the item justice, but i believe this brand offers the best header for hondas on the market today.

Here is a dynosheet giving the comparison between a stock ITR, then the same ITR fitted with a set of 4-2-1 HyTech headers. Check out the improvements!!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/400190/hytechheaderdyno.jpg

Other worthy contenders are
Jun
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/400190/junheader.jpg

and of course Spoon-sport..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/400190/spoonheader.jpg

I really can go on forever about headers and which brands make me all jump at the mention of their names, but i don't want to bore you guys.
But i will say this, as much as I love to support the domestic industry, when it comes to gaining performance out of your honda, don't fool yourself with aussie stuff, go for the higher quality manufacturers that I have mentioned in this post. Not only will you gain a healthy improvment in HP, but u can rest assured know you have purchased high quality items that will last the tests of time.

edited by vti-2: fixed img links

CustomCivic
23-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey has anyone got a pic of the xforce muffler then?? i was also gonna get the mugen loop muffler until i saw the price tag. I currently have a supersprint muffler which is really quiet and it cost around $700. but now that i have a different rear bar the muffler can be seen a lot easier so i want something that looks a bit better.

wynode
23-09-2003, 04:49 PM
In that ITR dyno plot, I noticed (according to the info at the bottom) that the timing is advanced by 2 degrees and the intake and exhaust cams are adjusted!?!

Jnr Teggy
23-09-2003, 08:11 PM
thats what i was thinking!

modding a b series and not losing power is tough!

aZZ
24-09-2003, 09:33 AM
ever thought of buying a spoon or mugen replica header???? u get them for cheaper and they are just as good.

jenova
24-09-2003, 12:34 PM
I think the design/construction of a header is a lot more complex than a muffler, not ot mention the research time that is involved. A header will give u the most significant gain in power for a n/a motor. That's why it is worth it to invest in a branded header, also to give the company credit for their effort.

SiR
24-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah, what's been said about headers is so true. However, Mugen, Spoon, Jun etc. products are always mighty expensive and not everyone can afford these.

SirAZN
30-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Yup,
I’ve got one replica twin loop muffler from Xforce. Had it for over a year has a nice mellow sound but screams when you hit vtec. I’ve had no probs with mine and it gives me the sound I wanted, is not bad. Only prob is that the diameter of the canister is quite big and it may hit the chassis. As for the Header from Xforce they are in fact OBX. An cheapy US brand which I would not recommend. You need to invest in a header because it’s going to give you the majority of the gains. :wink:

SiR
30-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Yup,
I’ve got one replica twin loop muffler from Xforce. Had it for over a year has a nice mellow sound but screams when you hit vtec. I’ve had no probs with mine and it gives me the sound I wanted, is not bad. Only prob is that the diameter of the canister is quite big and it may hit the chassis. As for the Header from Xforce they are in fact OBX. An cheapy US brand which I would not recommend. You need to invest in a header because it’s going to give you the majority of the gains. :wink:

Cool - nice to get some feedback from someone that actually has the MTL replica fitted. I don't like loud exhausts, and in light of that, would you still recommend the replica MTL to me? Btw, the replica is just an axle-back, right? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it (you can PM me if you wish).

Btw, what's your ride?

Cheers,
SiR

SirAZN
03-10-2003, 12:20 AM
It's just the muffler, and i actually got it through ebay for about 250 and postage was say 20 buks. I have it on My 99 civic coupe. looks hot.

wil
11-10-2003, 08:26 PM
is it good.. coz i got a quote 950 for exhaust from cat back... and 650 for the extractors.....

AP1 F20c
13-10-2003, 01:59 PM
This is one very interesting topic with some very wayward information ... :roll: So I'm gonna add a little spice to this rather than let it spin shitways.

Is this aussie brand any good?

X-Force is made/manufactured in China. Has an AU ABN. So is this an Aussie brand? Yes, but only as a branding/business trading factor.

do all the expencive brands make that much of a difference, I mean excluding the mugan loop style of cource, but even still does extending the exhaust achive much more performance over say a $160 2 1/4 cat back system? In what way does Titanium tubing aid in air flow?

R&D, race proven, best quality materials, high construction/manufacturing standards etc. Unfortunately the Japanese big labels spent alot of money into doing that to perfect their products. Someone has to pay for all this R&D, and it happens to be the end consumer. Indeed, not everyone's cup of tea but certainly something to remember everytime you ask yourself why JDM products are so highly/heavily priced.

Titanium does not aid air flow any better than stainless which is the next step down. It's got very similar properties to stainless but it's got better heat properties and most of all, it's very lightweight and stronger when compared. Titanium is also a very expensive material itself. So you pay for the material, and construction. Unless you're really going all out for maximum weight reduction, stainless is good enough to do the job even on the race track.

In my opinion, the best header for B series honda engines are HyTech headers. The quality is of exceptional standard and the design is close to perfect! The results will see at least a 10% increase in power through-out the rev-range.

It's good, but I wouldn't exactly call it a contender with JDM headers. There's simply no comparisons.

As for the Header from Xforce they are in fact OBX. An cheapy US brand which I would not recommend. You need to invest in a header because it’s going to give you the majority of the gains.

So, how much do you know about OBX or OBX-R for the matter of fact to make a comment like that? And what exactly is "the majority of the gains" ... ? Oh actually, should I say, do you know how the OBX-R makes power? In terms of powerband? And which JDM manufacturer did OBX-R mimic to produce it's headers that holds same power outputs?

one more chance
13-10-2003, 02:23 PM
[quote=one more chance]In my opinion, the best header for B series honda engines are HyTech headers. The quality is of exceptional standard and the design is close to perfect! The results will see at least a 10% increase in power through-out the rev-range.

It's good, but I wouldn't exactly call it a contender with JDM headers. There's simply no comparisons.

quote]

sorry have to disagree there! Dont get me wrong, i think the JDM ITR header is the best bang for your buck option, but out of all the headers ive seen, the hy-tech and header-tech (very similar) are the best in terms of quality and performance.....marginally outpowered the JDM 4-1 headers! although its marginal, any improvement on B-series honda engines is like jackpot. mind you, hy-tech headers costs shitloads!

AP1 F20c
13-10-2003, 07:29 PM
LMAO, first you've posted a dynosheet indicating how much power has been made indicating all power gains due to the headers change ONLY - I see no indication of other factors stated by you. How do you justify the 10bhp increase when there is clearly alot of different settings in place as well? How would it indicate that the headers have any impact when the following mods or settings were in place showing the power gains?

The fuel pressure is up from 50 to 52.
The ignition timing is up from 16 to 18.
The intake and exhaust spockets have also been tuned.

And have you actually seen a genuine JDM header of similar specs and compare to the HiTech headers before you stated this very strong bias comment to the tune that they are the "best" ... ? As for, JDM 4-1-1 headers best bang for your buck? More like if you don't want to go all out for real JDM headers, then get some JDM 4-1-1s instead for the meantime.

Quality? I'd hardly call HiTech produced gear as the highest of quality. It simply looks to me you've never seen real JDM products when making a comment like that.

And performance? Would you like to see some real Toda dyno graphs or Spoon graphs done on base machines simply with the headers changed to justify real performance figures? And please don't tell me how tuning B blocks are like something mystical. It's very easy if you've done your homework properly. BTW, how much do brand new HiTech headers costs when you use the term "shitloads" ... ? :roll:

fueltank
14-10-2003, 10:43 AM
guys, there is nothing wrong with local products if you can't afford the price tag of the Jap products.

Just becareful as not all Jap products are made equal and some are no better than local stuff.

The more homework and research you do before buying, the more money you'll save :!:

one more chance
14-10-2003, 01:15 PM
AP1 F20c

why are you getting all uptight because i simply disagreed with you? I never once said the JDM headers are OF inferior quality. as for the dyno plots, yes the fuel pressure has been upped and yes the timing has been advanced, but with the freer flowing header system that the hy-tech system is, the car was actually starving of fuel on the dyno run, therefore hence the adjustments. the same adjustments made on the stock system actually saw the system LOSE power!

And have you actually seen a genuine JDM header of similar specs and compare to the HiTech headers before you stated this very strong bias comment to the tune that they are the "best" ... ?

have you? why would i make such comments if i have not made comparisons???
once again, let me justify myself by saying that i have nothing against japanese tuners such as toda and spoon as you have mentioned, however USA companies such as hy-tech, header-tech and SMSP give just as much R&D into their products as the Japanese do!! Their quality is just as high as the japanese, but my personal opinion is the longevity of USA products are higher! ONCE AGAIN, THIS IS MY OWN OPINION!!!!!
As for Hy-tech headers the best for B-series engines, ONCE AGAIN, LET ME JUST CLEAR THIS FOR YOU IN CASE YOU MAY HAVE MISSED IT, THIS IS MY OPINION!!!!
Let me ask you, when was the last time you seen hy-tech products??
Tell me where and when. As for JDM products, believe me i have seen them all, and theyre all of exception quality! No more to it. I have no negativity with JDM products as i have dealt with them before and have been more then happy with the products. You can keep you toda and spoon dyno graphs as there probably isnt anything i have not yet seen.

Don't doubt my knowledge when it comes to Honda tuning. Just becuase i offer my personal opinion based on personal experience...i dont appreciate being flamed down like that! I offered my opinion with dyno proven results....what more do i need to do???

JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND THIS IS NOT A REFLECTION OF HOW THE REAL WORLD OPERATES. RESULTS MAY VARY!!!!!!!!! :roll:

toE
14-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Come on guys...relax aye?!?

We're all here to get information and talk about Hondas and have fun. We all have our own experiences/infos/facts/ideas/balls!?! :)

So, back on topic now.
http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/950/tiptoe.gif

AP1 F20c
14-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Wow, getting personal because I pointed out your mistakes that you've told everyone? That's fine, I'm sure your opinion is highly justified to all. Actually, I don't even own a Honda myself so I don't really know how they perform and I've never seen much JDM products. Sorry if I've made you looked bad. And who ever doubt you when everything is based on your opinions? I know I certainly hasn't. :lol:

one more chance
14-10-2003, 02:56 PM
i was waiting for your reply.
if you dont' own a honda and haven't seen many JDM products, what are YOUR OPINIONS based on? :shock: and what mistakes did i make?????
not too sure what you said in your last line there but....thats ok..?? :?: :? :?:

fueltank
14-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Actually, I don't even own a Honda myself so I don't really know how they perform and I've never seen much JDM products.

Don't you have a S2k:?:

one more chance
14-10-2003, 03:09 PM

thats what i thought

Calvo
14-10-2003, 03:28 PM
think he being sarcastic??

fueltank
14-10-2003, 04:28 PM

what does that mean?

eknine
14-10-2003, 06:07 PM

what does that mean?

<LOL-rofl>
well guess what you haven't see , is what you don't know<laffz>

eknine
14-10-2003, 06:26 PM
look what i have found

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10371&highlight=#10371

read the comment by fellow mate, Rowie

maybe its good to do some home work peepz:)

hopefully you see where these blokes came from>laffz>

AP1 F20c
14-10-2003, 07:07 PM
if you dont' own a honda and haven't seen many JDM products, what are YOUR OPINIONS based on? :shock: and what mistakes did i make?????

Opinion? Who said I have or need one? I'm usually quoting the facts and should I say the myth and unreality of seeing them IRL. :lol: You still don't get it do you?

Do I? How come I don't even know that? Who told you so anyway? :lol:

Indeed mate, indeed.

fueltank
14-10-2003, 07:37 PM

Opinion? Who said I have or need one? I'm usually quoting the facts and should I say the myth and unreality of seeing them IRL. :lol: You still don't get it do you?

Indeed mate, indeed.

damn...here I was thinking you have a black S2k with a red H badge, black wheels and the plates **** * :lol:

tanghy
15-10-2003, 03:34 AM
, HyTech, SMSP just to name a few, fork out millions of dollars each year on their R&D and the results definitely do speak for themselves. As far as headers are concerned, it is well documented that changing the existing exhaust system on a Honda may actually detune your honda, however if done correctly with the right products, it will actually give u a healthy gain in HP!

er SMSP is run by one person.. millions of dollars? I think not

AP1 F20c
15-10-2003, 08:57 AM
er SMSP is run by one person.. millions of dollars? I think not

Drew, don't get him started again ... He's gonna tell you not to doubt him. :roll:

AP1 F20c
15-10-2003, 08:58 AM
damn...here I was thinking you have a black S2k with a red H badge, black wheels and the plates **** * :lol:

Really? You've seen it? Cuz I certainly haven't. Just heard alot about it, while it isn't just any S2K on the road, if you don't already know that for a fact. :roll:

one more chance
15-10-2003, 11:19 AM

Indeed mate, indeed.

u really are a immature fascist aren't you...??? you are a poser with nothing else better to do but to criticise! as the saying goes, if u dont have anything decent to say, shut the hell up!

tanghy

millions of dollars maybe not, but their items are of great quality!
just mentioned their products to outline to quality of US products!

AP1 F20c
15-10-2003, 11:55 AM
u really are a immature fascist aren't you...??? you are a poser with nothing else better to do but to criticise! as the saying goes, if u dont have anything decent to say, shut the hell up!

Yes Sir, I'm sorry for being a fascist - (As you so labelled me) and being a poser as well. I'd shut up on this for now, so you can stop the personal attacks before things get outta your hands.

AP1 F20c
15-10-2003, 11:59 AM
millions of dollars maybe not, but their items are of great quality! just mentioned their products to outline to quality of US products!

Not exactly adding more fuel to the fire to get you even more fired up, but this has once again proven YOU to be making groundless remarks/comments by other board members. And before you start flaming/labelling "Tanghy" as well, you better do your homework about what he knows. :wink:

one more chance
15-10-2003, 12:13 PM
millions of dollars maybe not, but their items are of great quality! just mentioned their products to outline to quality of US products!

Not exactly adding more fuel to the fire to get you even more fired up, but this has once again proven YOU to be making groundless remarks/comments by other board members. And before you start flaming/labelling "Tanghy" as well, you better do your homework about what he knows. :wink:

your point being? when did i flame/label taughy? re-read my post and tell me where! i never doubt taughy's knowledge as infact i respect his knowledge and comments as i have seens his honda knowledge on other car forums and he is one guy i have much respect for. once again, get it right......ur on a roll buddy! why stop now?

toE
15-10-2003, 12:32 PM
...And before you start flaming/labelling "Tanghy" ...

one more chance - he said BEFORE you start..he din say dat u did..

....ur on a roll buddy! why stop now?

because this isn't the place to do it!!

take a chill pill dudes...we're here to talk about X-Foce exhausts or have we all fogotten that??

tanghy
15-10-2003, 02:07 PM
with regards to xforce - the finishing is very rough on the headers. but you get what u pay for. it's about 600 fitted?

also i've looked into getting SMSP and Hytech in, costs about 3000-4000 landed with taxes. enough to buy a small car!

Civic Type R
15-10-2003, 02:20 PM
It's just the muffler, and i actually got it through ebay for about 250 and postage was say 20 buks. I have it on My 99 civic coupe. looks hot.
yeah the replica mugen twin loop.

cool !!!
Im thinking of getting the same muffler for my VTiR hatchy.
What can you tell me about your experiences with it ?

http://i6.ebayimg.com/02/i/00/71/23/a9_1.JPG

tanghy
15-10-2003, 02:28 PM
the tip looks way off the real thing

Civic Type R
15-10-2003, 02:29 PM
http://www.adultmovies.bz/forumexpressions/buckle%20up%20thread.gif

Civic Type R
15-10-2003, 02:31 PM
the tip looks way off the real thing

yeah i know :)
this is what the dude told me..

Yes, this mugen style muffler will fit perfectly. It is a twin loop design replica, the only thing that is not exact is the tip. Although it is the same length and diameter it does not have the same detail. Everything else is exact.

i just want a nice deep tone with a gain in power

one more chance
15-10-2003, 03:16 PM
smsp and hytech are admittedly better suited towards high powered allmotor engine hondas! not cheap items at all!

fueltank
15-10-2003, 03:21 PM
http://test.nice.com.au/ed/images/stop.jpg

eknine
15-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Yawnzzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:

tanghy
15-10-2003, 03:56 PM
si bei bo liao hor?

eknine
15-10-2003, 03:59 PM
yup yup...si bei bo liao.

bei yang bei sai!!

<laffz>

Civic Type R
15-10-2003, 04:43 PM
chow chi bai

eknine
15-10-2003, 04:51 PM
lafffz.....rofl...LOL

adam , i take my hats off ya~! to come up with that....<laffz>

Civic Type R
15-10-2003, 05:08 PM
hehe :lol:
i dont know how to spell it (if its incorrect) but my brother knows alot of cantonese and mandarin :P

one more chance
15-10-2003, 05:46 PM
yup yup...si bei bo liao.

bei yang bei sai!!

<laffz>

that sounds lao/thai!!!

AP1 F20c
15-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Nah bei! Cheebye non-stop ... Ta boleh tahan! Bodoh xia ... ! :wink:

AP1 F20c
15-10-2003, 08:01 PM
smsp and hytech are admittedly better suited towards high powered allmotor engine hondas! not cheap items at all!

Whao ... I'm gonna get some for my future Hondas, can you hook me up with better prices? I'd get some now if I can but I have no car to put on. :lol:

eknine
15-10-2003, 09:12 PM
rofl.... :lol: ...LMAO

vti-2
15-10-2003, 10:25 PM
Let's keep this on topic guys...

AP1 F20c
16-10-2003, 09:55 AM
This thread is basically useless, what's needed to be said about X-Force exhausts have been said. What more else should be said? :roll: