PDA

View Full Version : door lock probs 92 civic

kstar
11-03-2006, 11:00 PM
im having issues with my drivers door lock - it wont lock - i took the panel off weel most of it since the window winder was stuck! anyway my when i put the key it will turn to unlock it but wont turn to lock it. it feels as though something may have slipped out and therefore is not lifting the lock.

just wondering if anyone knows what this may be? and how the hell do you get the window winder off???

if its totally busted how much would a new lock assembly cost? or should i just go for central locking?

fusionprelude
12-03-2006, 06:13 PM
for a start for the window winder there is a c clip holdin it on usually. the reason for it not lockin is maybe that a clip has broken off the lockin mechinism or its missing a screw..

kstar
12-03-2006, 06:21 PM
am i right in thinking that i can undo the c clip with needle nose pliers?

now i took the inside handle off and discovered thats broken - i compared it to the passneger door and the clip that holds the wire in place - is gone. so i cant lock it from the inside.

as for the lock itself, it just feels really loose - i managed it to move it around a bit and the lock worked again but only for a short while - now im back to square one!

so what do you suggest i do? id prefer to avoid a mechanic becuase i know theyll charge me heaps for something so basic

ECU-MAN
12-03-2006, 09:04 PM
with the door open, you have to manually close the door strike with a screw driver before you can lock and unlock the car.

make sure this is not your problem.

fusionprelude
13-03-2006, 11:28 AM
am i right in thinking that i can undo the c clip with needle nose pliers?

so what do you suggest i do? id prefer to avoid a mechanic becuase i know theyll charge me heaps for something so basic
yes your right.
i suggest if its broken is to go to a wreckers or call honbits and get one and put the fixed one in. :)