PDA

View Full Version : RE: custom interior

HVtiR
18-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Anyone had there interior done??? if so how much did you pay? and anywhere in melb you would recommend.. i am looking to just get front and back seats done, and door trim. but i am just after what people have had done, or if u have any DIY tips, or pics that would be good.

SIKCVC
18-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Doors are a piece of piss to do. rear seats i did myself coz i can hide all the stitching behind the seat or under the seat for the bottom. I had the fronts and head rests done professionally cost 100 in labour, and i paid 100 for material, but now its all worn out so i'm thinking of a retrim soonish. I was quoted $900 roughly for 2 decent quallity hides of leather, and again roughly $300 labour. But i dunno if he will do it for just anyone since it was a friend of my g/f's brother.

but yeah full retrim in leather shouldn't cost you more than $1500-$2000. easier with other materials.

b16a_integra
18-04-2004, 04:46 PM
where can you get this done in the melb area. im planning on putting wrx seats in my teg and using the AXS fitted seat covers, but would like the rest of the car done e.g. door trims, roof, ect.

SIKCVC
18-04-2004, 04:55 PM
I'll see what the guy says but dont get your hopes up... There should be other cheapish places in melbourne as well... but you should be able to trim the doors and roof yourself... it was one of the first things i did to my interior. really easy stuff. Just buy this glue called Gel grip from bunnings, its an unreal contact adhesive that wont seap into materials just sit ontop.