PDA

View Full Version : Noise from rear wheels...Help

DNYALL
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Seems like a constant noise is coming from the back left wheel. Sort of sounds like road noise. thought it might of been the tyres but took it to the tyre guy and he said they were fine. It gets louder as u get faster. like goes up and down with the speed of the car. a few people i have asked said it might be the wheel bearings? Will this be a big job to fix? Anyone shed any light on my situation?

Thanks.

EuroDude
12-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Maybe a mud guard or something is touching the wheel?

|N|
12-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Seems like a constant noise is coming from the back left wheel. Sort of sounds like road noise. thought it might of been the tyres but took it to the tyre guy and he said they were fine. It gets louder as u get faster. like goes up and down with the speed of the car. a few people i have asked said it might be the wheel bearings? Will this be a big job to fix? Anyone shed any light on my situation?

Thanks.

sounds like a focked bearing to me.. might wnat to check that

tRipitaka
12-03-2006, 01:51 PM
yeah, it'd prob be ur wheel bearing..

the price will vary.. whether u get OEM or generic stuff..

got my front bearing done for ~$350

|N|
12-03-2006, 01:57 PM
yeah, it'd prob be ur wheel bearing..

the price will vary.. whether u get OEM or generic stuff..

got my front bearing done for ~$350

i got my rear one from a wrecker for $100 .. but htat was long long time ago

essmangti
12-03-2006, 05:55 PM
sounds like a focked bearing to me.. might wnat to check that
yup :thumbsup:

i went and got a complete suspension arm for $150 bucks from the wreckers with a good working bearing and installed that...easy

Fr3aKi3
12-03-2006, 06:04 PM
It might even be something simple. Check the tyres and see that there isn't anything stuck to them. Paper, sticky take or a rock stuck in the treads will make noises.

You took it to a tyre guy, but no harm in looking at it yourself. I had a friend who had a rock stuck to the tread, she took it to a couple mechanics n tyre places n they couldnt figure it out. Had a quick look, took the rock out n problem was solved. Noise was gone. It's so simple that often the mechanics just overlook it.

e240
12-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Thanks.

Wheel bearing

lenz
12-03-2006, 06:35 PM
it will be wheel bearings.. if i was you i wud replace both of them i had one side replace and the other side is fine till later started to go.. cost me $250 for one side from repco and the other side from hondacare $180 installed

ECU-MAN
12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
run your hand over your back wheel, does it feal like a 50c coin, if so then its the tyre badly flat spotted.

other than that ill go with the masses and say bearing as well.

honda sell them compleate with the hub, makes it real easy to change.

DNYALL
14-03-2006, 10:32 AM
thanks for your help people :thumbsup: