PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer needles climbs up wierd

zorrt
13-03-2006, 12:03 PM
heys guys i need help!

I recently pulled out my cluster to clean my speedometer cuz it was all dark and dirty which stopped the backlight from coming through. Anyways so I thought I'd pull out the needle too. Now when I put everything back together the needle climbs up wierd. Like from 0 - 20 is doesnt move then it just suddenly climbs up.

Does anyone here know the correct method of adjusting this? i didnt pull out the spring coil tho so I assume is just the starting position where I start the needle when the car is off. Thanks.

EuroDude
13-03-2006, 06:16 PM
This happened to my tacho needle. The problem is that once you pull it out, its never the same.

I had to gently scrape the end of the needle to give it better traction, and put a dab of oil on the face plate (under the base of the needles' plastic arrow) to avoid friction.

Its ok 99% of the time now.

chunky
13-03-2006, 06:18 PM
buy some new guages jdm maybe

zorrt
13-03-2006, 06:32 PM
man this just sucksm each time i fix something in this stupid car i break something else. Stupid hondas. Maybe a gauge shop can fix it? Was reading through past posts but too scared to try fixing it myself. Im not sure if I'm allowed to ask for a name of a place in Sydney that can do this so I better not hint hint PM ME hint hint.

SKREMN
13-03-2006, 09:50 PM
could you of put it back on in the wrong position would that make a differance?

ECU-MAN
13-03-2006, 10:41 PM
you pressed it in to much and the shaft has prob moved and causing it to catch.

zorrt
14-03-2006, 09:39 AM
yea i pulled it back out yesterday
seems to be workin ok for the time being
just 0 - 20 climbs up wierd
unless its in my head
followed my friends car around and it seems to be showing correct speeds tho (give or take a few extra k's)