PDA

View Full Version : LUX HID'S Washer Water Problem

Omotesando
13-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I recently noticed that my HID's Washer system doesn't have water come out anymore, although there is still water coming out at the windscreen.

Obviously this wan't easy to suspect normally, but during night time and when you flush the windscreen, usually the HID's light output on the ground or on a wall, shows the shadow from the wash as well.

Does anyone else experience or notice this? Just curious :eek:

Anyhow, this would be referred to Warranty on next service, but just seeing if it is another common one or not, apart from the creaks (which mine disappeared automatically for now). :o

aka_NSX
13-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I recently noticed that my HID's Washer system doesn't have water come out anymore, although there is still water coming out at the windscreen.

Obviously this wan't easy to suspect normally, but during night time and when you flush the windscreen, usually the HID's light output on the ground or on a wall, shows the shadow from the wash as well.

Does anyone else experience or notice this? Just curious :eek:

Anyhow, this would be referred to Warranty on next service, but just seeing if it is another common one or not, apart from the creaks (which mine disappeared automatically for now). :o

please make sure you top up to the MAX first then if still like that then take it to dealer and check, but usually they need more water at high level to get the washer to work properly even ur washer windscreen still work normally

cheers

Fr3aKi3
13-03-2006, 02:04 PM
please make sure you top up to the MAX first then if still like that then take it to dealer and check, but usually they need more water at high level to get the washer to work properly even ur washer windscreen still work normally

cheers

Try filling it up first, from memory i read on the forum that the pump for the HID water jets are located half way up the reservoir (sp?). So if the water level is below that level then the HID water jets wont be spraying out any water.

EuroAccord13
13-03-2006, 05:15 PM
I've experienced this problem before on another Luxury Euro, turned out that the filter for the water pump had been damaged and crap floating around the water got through to the pump and clogged the HID washer jets.

If that is the case, a quick blow with an air gun will force the build up out through the other end (with the jets removed)

Guzzy888
13-03-2006, 06:29 PM
I am assuming you have your driving light turned on? I think from my experience, if you only have the low beam on, the HID jets will not spray. It will spray if the lights are turned on FULLY.

Hope this helps :p

Omotesando
14-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. Will look into water level, possible cloggage as well as turning on all the lights :D

Actually when the jets jump up, mine doesn't seem to like to hold its position. Think there might be something wrong with it!

Guzzy888
14-03-2006, 01:49 PM
The HID jets only sprays for <2 seconds. It doesn't continue spraying even if you are pulling on the spray leaver.