PDA

View Full Version : Euro Fog light wiring issue

yfin
13-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Has anyone successfully wired up to the standard AUDM Euro one of the fog kits available on EBAY - eg the JDM style like the ones below?

click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8045475678&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT)

If yes - please post a link to the item successfully installed and whether it was just plug and play. I have been researching fogs on the US forums and it is an absolute mess as to which Ebay fogs work and what doesn't work.:confused: Then there are some USDM differences which complicate things further for us in Australia.

To further complicate things - I am looking to just use the fog harness from the Ebay kit - and hook it up to my Euro R fog lights (that didn't come with a harness).

Hoffy
14-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Hooking up the lights shouldn't be rocket science unless you are doing this to have the genuine look.

yfin
14-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Hooking up the lights shouldn't be rocket science unless you are doing this to have the genuine look.

If it was easy I wouldn't be asking the question ;) Plenty of TSX owners have had heaps of grief (kit doesn't work at all, needing to extend the harness, wires incorrectly marked, re-wiring, etc). Some have forked out $100s on electricians just to get the harness to work.

I am just looking for someone who has got one of those kits to work on a AUDM Euro.

Suntzu
14-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Love to hear how it all works out and I'd like a set of these too! :p
Forgot to ask: How does it connect to the switching in the interior? I mean is there an ugly after market switch or a proper way of connecting it? ( im assuming the Lux models with fogs have an extra switch?)

Chris_F
14-03-2006, 05:08 PM
yfin, does that mean you won't be using the plastic surrounds if you purchase them? I've been tryin to find some empty plastic fog surrounds to mount my ducting.. if you get where im going.

but back on topic.. i dont really know too many ppl on the forums with aftermarket foglights, but i know of one ozhonda member with oem foglights removed from his car if that helps? he has a front bar replacement and doesnt need them anymore (as far as i know). Pm if you want details.. but maybe you could purchase his wiring harness? (i could then purhcase his plastic surrounds )

yfin
14-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi - the true JDM kits come with a switch that looks similar to the VSA switch and goes right next to it.

I posted up this question on TSX club for those interested in following it there too:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9186

I think I will follow Peregrine's advice- he sounds like he has sorted out this fog light mess. If you look on ebay you can get TSX fogs for as low as $60USD including wiring! The trick is to get the right type!

I am fairly sure the type b fogs are sold by Powerimports -let me just check with peregrine. They are a little more expensive ($88) but sound like the way to go.

yfin
14-03-2006, 05:18 PM
yfin, does that mean you won't be using the plastic surrounds if you purchase them? I've been tryin to find some empty plastic fog surrounds to mount my ducting.. if you get where im going.

but back on topic.. i dont really know too many ppl on the forums with aftermarket foglights, but i know of one ozhonda member with oem foglights removed from his car if that helps? he has a front bar replacement and doesnt need them anymore (as far as i know). Pm if you want details.. but maybe you could purchase his wiring harness? (i could then purhcase his plastic surrounds )

Hi Chris- i need to hold onto the plastic surrounds just in case I remove the Euro R kit one day. Re the plastic pieces - they are available at the dealers for not too much cash ($36 rings a bell but that could be wrong).

Re the harness from the lux - I think that isn't going to work as the lux has the fogs wired up to a stalk. (Lux owners is that right?). I need the wiring to include a switch.

Chris_F
14-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Hi Chris- i need to hold onto the plastic surrounds just in case I remove the Euro R kit one day. Re the plastic pieces - they are available at the dealers for not too much cash ($36 rings a bell but that could be wrong).

Re the harness from the lux - I think that isn't going to work as the lux has the fogs wired up to a stalk. I'll need to chekc that. I need the wiring to include a switch.

Ok no worries, i'll go ask one of the dealers and see what they say, are you refering the standard plastic piece or the surround for the fog, untill now i didn't know they could be purchased without the actual fog, thanks!

Yea i have a feeling the lux fogs are wired to the stalk to. Let us know what you find out.. also interested to see what hte quality is like on the ebay kit.

PS, your car is gonna look hot with a euroR kit - the arctic blue (is that right) is one of the best colours for it IMO :thumbsup:

Seiken
14-03-2006, 06:03 PM
yep just to confirm with you guys that the fogs switch on the lux model is on the right stalk with the headlights rather than a button next to the VSA button.Seik

Hoffy
16-03-2006, 12:09 PM
If it was easy I wouldn't be asking the question ;) Plenty of TSX owners have had heaps of grief (kit doesn't work at all, needing to extend the harness, wires incorrectly marked, re-wiring, etc). Some have forked out $100s on electricians just to get the harness to work.

I am just looking for someone who has got one of those kits to work on a AUDM Euro.
Sorry, I used to work on aircraft electronics in a previous life so it does not seem a big deal to me. Where are you based? I could always lend a hand if you are around Sydney. As long as you get the switch and fog lights the rest of the harness should be very basic. It comes down to how you want the fogs to work.