PDA

View Full Version : Splitting RCA Cables

mj3610
13-03-2006, 05:35 PM
i have a jvc dek that onli has 1 set of rca outputs. i've currently split that rca at the back boot, one for my 2ch amp and the other for the sub amp. but now i've got a new 4ch amp and dunno how the hell to wire it up, do i just split the 1 RCA into 3? i need 4 channels for one amp and another 2 for the other amp, theres already so many rca splitters there im afraid if i split it any more i might lose signal or signal might get weak and lose clarity or something, is this possible?
im thinking of splitting the main rca into 2, then splitting one of those 2 into 2 again and run it to my 4 channel amp and the one split from the main rca run it to the sub amp.
advice greatly appreciated :)

ICACHA
13-03-2006, 07:10 PM
everytime you split the audio you will halve the voltage, so if lets say you got a 2v output deck split once you will get to each split 1v output and if you split again you will get 500mv which in turn you have to compensate with turning the gains up on your amp.

my friendly advice would be to save and get yourself a deck with more than 1 output :)

Slow96GSR
13-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Most decks will have 2 sets of outputs. A front set and a rear set. If that isn't enough there are powered spliters or you can use a x-over like a 24xs from AudioControl to go from 1 set of inputs to 3 sets of outputs. All their x-overs will give you more outputs than inputs so you are good there. Here! (http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/dept.asp?d_id=5251&l1=5251)

mj3610
13-03-2006, 08:54 PM
i cant really get a new dek cause i just bought this one, i think i'll buy a x-over, i don wanna spend more than $100 on a x-over tho anyone know of any decent ones for around that price? also i dont want indash, i want it in the back boot so i can run it from the capacitor its easier wiring. and cleaner.

Slow96GSR
13-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Check Ebay fro AudioControl. There is a bunch of them on there. I am a newcomer so I cant sell on here yet. Soon though.