PDA

View Full Version : spark plug leads

scottyj10
14-03-2006, 08:44 AM
hey everyone,
i was just wondering if their are any pro and cons of putting thicker leads on a stock engine.(B20A6) will it cause any problems? wat leads can u buy from an autobarn, if any? please help
cheers ;)

zco
14-03-2006, 09:28 AM
have a look at one of the traders. he was selling htem. i think 7mm. it also quoted that anythign higher than 7mm is just extra insulation. goodluck.

Eclipsor
14-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Someone has posted proof on here before that changing the stock leads gives no power advantages. However, seeing as your car is a 89 the leads could be quite old. Therefore replacing them with either new oem ones or the NGK blue leads which seem to be pretty much good quality oem replacements, could be an advantage. Like zco said, one of the traders sells them.

CUL8R
15-03-2006, 12:02 PM
the boots are great. all you need to do is get the leads changed. my leads were buggered! cyl 1 was ripped to shreads inside but yeah theres a good place in nunnawadding that can do it.....where abouts r u located? i can give you details if u wish. they refresh your old leads with better leads and clean up your boots ect.
i got mine reconditioned with low resistance leads and idle is much better.

cost me 80 bucks and felt so much smoother (considering my old leads were buggered it made a huge difference).