PDA

View Full Version : hondata costs, whats normal?

Gester
14-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I was quoted today $1400 + $500 for tuning for a S200 Hondata ECU. This seems pretty steep considering BLKCRX was offering a S300 for like $1200.

Whats the go and who at least can provide the ECU cheaper as this seems like a bit of a rip off. $1900 installed and tuned :(

toE
14-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I believe BLKCRX is the sole distributor for Hondata, so you'd be hard-pressed to find it cheaper, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong here :o

Why not widen your ECU options?

sifoo
14-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Can someone explain the real advantage of hondata vs power fc? Is there a substantial difference in power output?

When you weigh up the costs - PFC seems far cheaper and easier esp if you have an OBDII car

Gester
14-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I guess, I was just under the impression that when VTEC kicks in Hondata can change to whole different set of fuel maps to accomodate as well as being able to change everything else.

I've tried contacting BLKCRX but it says we're unable to send PM's to him. Apart from Power FC what else are viable alternatives? I'm still pretty set on Hondata though just dunno why its so expensive for only a piggy back ECU.

Hondata-Australia
14-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Pricing throughout Australia from any official Hondata Dealer is the same regardless if you buy it directly or from a dealer. The only difference should be tuning costs, this is the way pricing structure has been designed from day one.

Both the above prices you seem to have been quoted are way wrong, sometimes this can be due to incorrect quoting. Typically you need to have your vehicle inspected to allow for accurate quoting, or provide all the necessary information so a accurate quote can be done. Vehicle inspection is a free service offered at all dealers, and this very quickly provides information such as what standard ECU you have, what wiring standard you have and thus can provide a accurate quote for your application,

There are many different products for many different applications, with many different features, there is no fixed price which covers every possible application. I Hope that clears your questions up.

To follow up your later post Hondata is not a piggy back computer, in almost every case we fully replace the standard ECU, there are a few cases for 1990 to 1996 cars where we upgrade the clients standard ECU tuning there standard ECU into a fully tuneable ECU. No Hondata application is a piggyback system. No Hondata system cuts or intercepts wires or signals or bends voltage outputs.
Further more, benefits of Hondata over PowerFC there’s heaps, ill provide this information very soon ;-) in the Hondata Trader section on Ozhonda.

Regards

Hondata Australia

Gester
14-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reply! I was told that price from Billy at APC. Ok dont mean to undercut the local distributer here but when the S200 is $295 USD in the states, and I'm told $1400 for here in Australia whats the go?

If it is to expensive locally it certainly is tempting to get the S200 from the USA for under $500 AUD inc postage and install it into my ECU my self. Is that part even difficult? From diagrams it looks as though its just a few jumper changes after you put in the ECU.

ProECU
14-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I was quoted today $1400 + $500 for tuning for a S200 Hondata ECU. This seems pretty steep considering BLKCRX was offering a S300 for like $1200.

Whats the go and who at least can provide the ECU cheaper as this seems like a bit of a rip off. $1900 installed and tuned :(

OUCH!

Hondata-Australia
14-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok now it makes a little more sense, I’m assuming you must own a 1996 to 2000 vehicle. Billy from APC Racing in Queensland is absolutely correct the retail price for our plug and play s100 1996 to 2000 ECU is 3$ cheaper than you were quoted ! lol
I’m assuming what you have been quoted for is a Full replacement s100 Hondata ECU as pictured in the below picture. If you do own a 1996 to 2000 vehicle this is exactly what you should be been quoted. Again a inspection is needed to establish which Honda wiring you have, either versions A or B. This solution is very different to just the standard USA s200 blue interface box which is not a ECU its self. The s200 blue interface box will not work alone on your car without the addition of one of our full replacement ECU’s

http://www.hondatech.com.au/info/obd2-ecu-info/1.jpg

Regards

Hondata Australia

ProECU
14-03-2006, 12:15 PM
This is astonishing.....
Considering a replacement ECU and harness costs around a total of $450AUD (conservative and inclusive of socketing the ecu), then....... OUCH

Honestly, If you're seriously contemplating spending that much money... get an autronic. At least you will have software !

poid
14-03-2006, 12:20 PM
couldnt agree more there, the pricing issue is in fact why i didnt go with Hondata. Back then with boost and datalogging the quote was over 2600 if i remember right for an OBD2 car!

Hondata-Australia
14-03-2006, 12:23 PM
ooh looks like Evan Mr Pro ECU is trying to turn this post into a hate hondata post yet again ! Meh are you ever going to give it up !! you must be so jealous !! People get sick of your negativeness Evan we get complaints about you all the time !

Regards Hondata Australia

ProECU
14-03-2006, 12:25 PM
hehe, funny, those same people are saying the same to me about you.
In fact, your customers have told me all about the lies & rubbish you spread about me.

Get overyourself James, If I wanted to turn people away from Hon$a$a, I would've refered them to my own product...... but thats your style, not mine.

ProECU
14-03-2006, 12:28 PM
couldnt agree more there, the pricing issue is in fact why i didnt go with Hondata. Back then with boost and datalogging the quote was over 2600 if i remember right for an OBD2 car!

Wow, must have been gold plated.

saxman
14-03-2006, 12:30 PM
ooh looks like Evan Mr Pro ECU is trying to turn this post into a hate hondata post yet again ! Meh are you ever going to give it up !! you must be so jealous !! People get sick of your negativeness Evan we get complaints about you all the time !

Regards Hondata Australia
not really sure he was saying anything negative... that really is an awful lot of money for an obd1 ecu + a conversion harness + a few dollars in chipping hardware.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference in price between an obd1 and an obd2 car, assuming the same hondata options are used?

FR33K
14-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Everywhere i see BLKCRX make a post a see a ProECU post after it bagging him out.. dunno whats going on there but get over it
no one cares

ProECU
14-03-2006, 12:48 PM
bagging him out..

Heheh, I know 6year olds that speak this way.... whatever.

More to the point, I'm sure the wider audience would like to know the answer to saxman's question.

FR33K
14-03-2006, 01:31 PM
.... whatever.

I've also seen black girls on Ricki Lake speak like that...
Talk to the Hand

aaronng
14-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Now guys, play nice. This is the technical forum and not the lounge. So keep your replies limited to helpful replies.

ProECU
14-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I've also seen black girls on Ricki Lake speak like that...
Talk to the Hand

Nice comeback, made me laugh girlfriend!

What's even more amusing is that you watch Ricki Lake

bennjamin
14-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Gester , search yourdself for the best price. Shop around....just dont post up aimless threads like this.

Here - i searched for you and found it in 2 seconds !

Click here for ECU tuners , pricing etc (http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31963)

Also , as you can see by this thread in our terms/conditions by this thread below -
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/announcement.php?f=14&announcementid=12
We do not allow these type threads anyway.

ProECU + "hondat Australia/BLKCRX" ~ keep the sales and comments out of ozhonda :)