PDA

View Full Version : dc2 side strip removal

BIG`O
15-03-2006, 01:54 PM
just after an article on removing the side moulds (below).
http://dod.ausgamers.com/files/shaneo/door_moulds.JPG
mine are in need of a respray.
thanks heaps
shane

egSi
15-03-2006, 04:11 PM
just remove your interior panels and pop em out from the inside :thumbsup:

bennjamin
15-03-2006, 04:16 PM
u need

1 x needle nose pliers , 10mm spanner or ratchet + a phillips head + flathead screwdriver

(doors)
Put window all teh way down , just remove the door trims + remove door plastic inner , put window up again ~ then remove the end 10mm bolt and "pop" each clip in a row with ur pliers. The last one at the end of the door(towards the front) is hard to reach ,m easier to take out the door speaker.

(rear) take out the side shelves , and speaker if there is one. Pop the clips (x 3 each side) - might need abit of movement for the inner plastic too.

thats it really.

Tu88y
15-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Ben is that the same with EK Civics cause I will need to take mine off soon or is it easier to just purchase new one...

anyone has any ideas on how much it cost

dc4t
15-03-2006, 04:36 PM
wait guys.. wats it like underneath the strips? thers obviously gona be holes n wat would the paint be like?

bennjamin
15-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Ben is that the same with EK Civics cause I will need to take mine off soon or is it easier to just purchase new one...

anyone has any ideas on how much it cost

easy to take them off man

On DC's as above , but on EK's + EG's there is a small strip on the front fender too. This takes only 2 x clips either side and is easy to take off.

And , underneath the strips is simply small square holes , and abit of dirt. Its painted underneath dont worry.

newmski
15-03-2006, 04:52 PM
if you want a clean look take em out and mould the indent