PDA

View Full Version : Somthing Not Right......

Xplodin
15-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I've had my car(Accord CD5 EXi Manual) now for about 3 months and its an awsum thing to drive. Anyways my concern is my Engine Temp. Either its reading rong or my coolent is the best thing.

Have a look at the photo that i've taken.

Conditions....

Outside temp: 19C
Driven For How long: 30mins
Road type: Straight Ashphelt
The rest the Cluster can tell you.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/Xplodin/Misc%20Stuff/Image099.jpg

I dont know if i should be concerned about this and get it checked out or this is normal. All the other car's i've driven dont do this at all so its rasing concern. It was like this when i bought the car.

Any help would be apreciated! Thanks!

incoming
15-03-2006, 03:10 PM
i'll check what my CD5 temp reads this arvo

btw did u take that pic driving at ~100km/h??
pretty dangerous no? lol

Xplodin
15-03-2006, 03:17 PM
narh got a friend to take the photo for me. :D

scott1e
15-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Im no expert and Im just gunna point out the obvious mate.. Either your car is really cool or your thermostat is ****ed... Mine is always very close to this, perhaps a little higher but it does move...

EuroDude
15-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah looks like the Thermistat is stuck open.

Lucky its not stuck closed ;)

bennjamin
15-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah looks like the Thermistat is stuck open.

Lucky its not stuck closed ;)

honda thermostats have a habit of failing in the "open" position thankfully :)

BTW get it checked out mate...or DIY change it !

Zdster
15-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Just a question out of interest, are thermostats hard to change? Where are they usually located?

EuroDude
15-03-2006, 04:58 PM
No its easy, just undo a couple of bolts from the thermistat housing (it has a large coolant pipe going into it - follow the pipe from the radiator) and then replace the thermistat and a new thermistat rubber seal which I think comes with the new thermistat if i'm not mistaken.

Its located on the right of the engine in the area above the gearbox under the dizzy next to the air intake (well thats where it is on my D series).

looks like this:
http://www.cyberimport.com/image_a-b/automobile_car/parts/engine/thermostat/aptt002.jpg

EuroDude
15-03-2006, 05:06 PM
honda thermostats have a habit of failing in the "open" position thankfully :)

Mine decided to get stuck in the closed position :eek: ...could have cooked a roast lamb on the engine lol

bennjamin
15-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Mine decided to get stuck in the closed position :eek: ...could have cooked a roast lamb on the engine lol

probably not a OEM thermostat :)

Anyway , have alook at my DIY i did awhile back - same principle for your accord to change

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16767

Xplodin
15-03-2006, 05:55 PM
ok sweet. I'll get it checked out when i got my next service within the next week.

But the thing is, i jump off the freeway and the thermostat goes back up to normal. Yeh i know driving the car will alow it to cool down more but. its never happened to any of my other cars before. Even my other honda (Accord CB EXi 4WS)... somthing new i guess.

NogZ
15-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Xplodin,

Had the same problem, thermostat stuck open.

My car ran cooler as i went faster in the M4 :p.

ca6leguy
15-03-2006, 06:20 PM
It's definitely a faulty termostat. Have them changed quickly to avoid engine damage due to running it at non ideal temperature.

m3ntAL_l2
28-07-2010, 03:54 PM
mmm bump it up..

having the same issue in my DC2, not sure if its the cold weather in melb or my meter is screwed...

the needle wont go above the first line unless i get stuck in traffic,

btw this issue only started when i had my radiator top tank changed