PDA

View Full Version : cam gears

davechung
15-03-2006, 09:59 PM
we were thinking of getting my mate a set of cam gears.
Hes got an ek4 with ur basic bolt-ons.
Will the cam gears be effective?
If so how?
And how much would it cost in terms of labor?
Sorry guys with all the questions
Thanks~

Slow96GSR
16-03-2006, 08:14 AM
AEM (http://www.aempower.com/product_cam.asp).

-Edelbrocks explanation: Tru-Pitch Adjustable Cam Gears
After installing performance upgrade components such as a high-flow exhaust system, camshafts, manifold and throttle body, fine tuning your new combination will allow you to realize maximum power gains. To dial-in your new performance combination, the Tru-Pitch Adjustable Cam Gears will allow you to precisely advance or retard your camshafts by up to 10 degrees, in one degree increments, to help you unlock a new level of performance. Edelbrock Tru-Pitch Adjustable Cam Gears have these superior features:

-Precision CNC machined gear teeth are constructed from aircraft quality
-7075 T6 billet aluminum then hard anodized black to eliminate fade
-Stainless Steel bolts and hardware ensure positive adjustment lockout
-Laser-etched timing marks in 1° increments allow you to accurately set timing adjustments
-“Tru-Pitch” design guarantees a proper fit between the teeth on the cam gear and the belt
-Ultra lite-weight and strong design performs flawlessly under all racing conditions
-Available with silver/clear anodized hub centers or red anodized hub centers… all gear teeth are hard anodized black

Cost here to install is about $125USD here, there I don't know. But a friend said his cost was $225AUD, how ever much that is in USD. But don't quote me because shops charge different prices. It's about 2 hours of work at most. It's the tuning part that takes the longest. But once you have done many set it gets easier. If you have a little know how you can put them on yourselves and then have a shop tune them or do it your self. All you have to do is drive it around and see what works/feels better. Unless you want to pay for dyno time you'll kind of have to do it by feel or have a shop do the tuning.

todaek9
16-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Installing it's one price, Phasing the cams is another price...
ready about 250aud to install and phase...just a round figure...