PDA

View Full Version : Rear Boot Bar

Zimp13
15-03-2006, 11:17 PM
OK.... this is wat i ve found out abt the rear tower strut that goes onto the top of the rear suspension.

Two rubbers are used to secure the top section of Jazz rear shocks. These two rubbers are positioned in between of the car body. A washer is put on the top of the rubber then its bolted. Now when u wanna put the rear boot bar, u place the bar on the top of the washer and bolt it.

Here lies the problem. A metal cylinder tube is inserted on the top of each rear shock and this cylinder tube is then inserted in between of the rubbers. When the road is uneven, these cylinder tube would move up and down cos the rubber flexs. If the struts are tighten too tight, the rubber is pressed down and on uneven road, the metal cylinder tube will touch the washer under the strut making irritating metal clunking noise. however, the tighter the struts are bolted, the better the rear handles at the corner.

I hope i make myself clear. Its quite hard to explain clearly. My question is:

is there anyway to tighten the struts tight for better corner while preventing the clunking noise cos i tell u, it makes a lot of a difference if the strut is really tighten.

air23box
17-03-2006, 02:11 AM
they called c pillar bar bro....they suppose to be fully tighten rite?

NvM
17-03-2006, 10:59 AM
they called c pillar bar bro....they suppose to be fully tighten rite?

he aint talking about the c-pillar.... he said "on top of the rear suspension"... c-pillar is on the right under the roof...

air23box
17-03-2006, 11:30 PM
sorry bro....miss that.....but it should be fully tighten rite? there is no point to put it in without fully tighten it up .......

Zimp13
18-03-2006, 01:39 AM
sorry bro....miss that.....but it should be fully tighten rite? there is no point to put it in without fully tighten it up .......

Hehe... thats the whole point....... but sometimes its making ths metal touching noise.... some jazzers experience this when installing the boot bar on their cars...

NvM
20-03-2006, 04:18 AM
yeah i've got a rear strut bar & it is as tight as i can get it but i still get some noice...

MaxiJazz
20-03-2006, 08:24 AM
My fellow Jazzers.....Havent we all been past this one before....????
Wasnt the solution to to stick a washer in bvetween and tighten the allen key thing as hard as possible.

Ive had my rear boot bar for nearly a year now and all I can say is that both a metal and rubber washer (yes , thats 2 washers) did the job. And errrr......if Im not wrong...it was Zimp13 that recomended this remedy.....

Works like a charm.

BTW Zimp I finally got around to installing the c-Pillar...been very busy lately so Ive put this one off for a bit. Still have a couple more things to consider....like an Xforce full exhaust..!!! Hehehehe.....

Ciao.

Zimp13
20-03-2006, 10:29 AM
My fellow Jazzers.....Havent we all been past this one before....????
Wasnt the solution to to stick a washer in bvetween and tighten the allen key thing as hard as possible.

Ive had my rear boot bar for nearly a year now and all I can say is that both a metal and rubber washer (yes , thats 2 washers) did the job. And errrr......if Im not wrong...it was Zimp13 that recomended this remedy.....

Works like a charm.

BTW Zimp I finally got around to installing the c-Pillar...been very busy lately so Ive put this one off for a bit. Still have a couple more things to consider....like an Xforce full exhaust..!!! Hehehehe.....

Ciao.

yeah thats true.. by putting the washer... but if u really tighten the bolt further (and u can), it will make some noises no matter wat but the rear really corners better.... i ve tried these on 2 different brand struts and both are the same making noises...

hehe.... ok.... full exhaust system yeah??? go for it!!!!! :thumbsup:

Zimp13
20-03-2006, 10:30 AM
yeah i've got a rear strut bar & it is as tight as i can get it but i still get some noice...

u wanna get rid of the noise? loosen them a bit.... u ll get rid of the noises.. the noise doesnt come from the strut itself....