PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] UNITED Plus ULP 10% Ethanol / 95 Octane

BeastHouse
16-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi Guys & Gals,

I’ve just picked up my new 06’ Euro Lux. Luvin it!! I have a question regarding Plus ULP (95 octane) available from United petrol stations. It states quite clearly at the pump that it contains up to 10% ethanol. This fuel is up to 15c per/l cheaper than your run of the mill premium unleaded petrol of the same octane!? I’ve also noticed in the Euro manual that it is ok to use fuel containing ethanol proving it’s at least 95 octane. Have any of you tried this fuel in your euro? Any thoughts?

Cheers- :o

BiLL|z0r
16-03-2006, 09:59 AM
I've run 95 ron 10% ethanol fuel for a while but have stopped using it. The fuel economy after a while got really really bad, up to 100km's less than std 95 ron fuel. I do however still use the 98 ron 10% fuel. The power delivery was a lot lower on the 95 ron as well. I'd have to say 98ron 10%eth fuel is on par with std 95ron premium as far as power and economy.

xiang
16-03-2006, 12:58 PM
I pumped half a tank of the stated fuel a week ago.. just cos i was tight on cash and needed that extra 2Ls or wat ever. From what i experienced it was really sluggish, and u can tell the difference. The car still drove but u can tell the difference.

Personally id rather use 98 Octane. I dunno if this answers your question.

EuroDude
16-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Well you get what you pay for I guess ;)

I personally will never use Ethanol unless the engine is specifically designed for it, such as that new Volvo in Europe that runs on ~90% Ethanol + ~10% petrol.