PDA

View Full Version : Help Guys!

Xplodin
17-03-2006, 11:11 AM
OK i'm no Expert when it comes to Car audio, But i aint a noob either.

Here's My Setup ATM.

H/U: Pioneer 8650
Front Speakers: Pioneer Splits
Rear Speakers: Pioneer 6X9
Subwoofer: MTX Audio 12"
Amp1: Alpine V12 Class D Mono Block
Amp2: Alpine V-power 4ch
Power Cabling to amps: 4 Gauge -> Splitter Box -> 6 Gauge -> Amps
Ground Cabling from amps: 6 Gauge
Speaker Cabling: 14 Gauge Twisted Pair To all 4 Speakers
RCA From H/U: Audioline Platinum RCA X 3

Speaker and RCA cables running down the Left side of the car.
Power cable is running down the right side of the car.

Ok Now when the car is off i get a slight buzzing noise. I know it has to come from interference from the RCA's but i dont know how to get rid of this. Like when i have the stero up then i cant hear it. Only when i have it down to a little volume is where i hear it. Its bugging the hell out of me. Its starting to put me off and going back to my old set up running the speakers off the headunit.

Any help apreciated! Thanks Guys.

Slow96GSR
17-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Turn your gains down. Its the power in the deck and amps... signal to noise ratio. I have a lot with all the powered components I use but once I tuned it and got the gains set it wasn't too noticeable. Just turn up the volume. Might want to reground the deck better too.

ICACHA
17-03-2006, 10:12 PM
also you might want to see where you put the crossovers for your splits, if they're near computers or ignition wiring then the inductors in the crossovers can induce the noise into the system.

i take it your not getting the noise through the 6x9's thou?

Xplodin
18-03-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm gettin the sound more through the 6X9 than the splits. But the gain on both of them are the same. And the Crossover box is inside my doors. Didnt have a problem before when i had them running off the headunit.

I asked a mate of mine at work and he said it has to be powerlines interfering with the sound system. He recomemned me gettin somthing called "sound supressor" at Jaycar. Might have to give that one a go.

I might try rewiring the the amps again. See how that goes.

zorrt
18-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I'd check the earth of the amp also. Bad earthing causes interference.

ICACHA
18-03-2006, 05:38 PM
xplodin, might want to read this http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=636512&postcount=22 taken from another thread i posted in with a similar problem.

if you have sound equipment and its install properly you should have no issues, only time is when you have a faulty equipment or the install is of poor quality that you tend to have issues arrise.

if your still at a loss, rather than spending the money on the supressor why not get your install checked out by a professional?

Xplodin
18-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Hey thanks for that ICACHA, Really apreciated. I'm probly going to get sandpaper and sand down the Grounding points a bit more. I did this when it was quite dark and i was getting tired.

I checked the wiring today and everything is fine. Not a problem at all. Although i found that the RCA's were contacting the metal plate behind the dash and that was causing the interference. Not a hassle there at all as i just tied them up and Electrical tape on them. After doing this i didnt get interference untill i drove the car around. I hit about 3000rpm and i hear a whinding sound like a turbo spooling up. This i believe is caused by the Altenater as i got told.

Its late now so i wont beable to check my grounding points for the amps atm But i will tomorrow and might attack it with some and paper this time to get som of that bare metal happening. Thanks again ICACHA!

stanleym
20-03-2006, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE=Xplodin]
After doing this i didnt get interference untill i drove the car around. I hit about 3000rpm and i hear a whinding sound like a turbo spooling up. This i believe is caused by the Altenater as i got told.
QUOTE]

lol i get the same noise not very fun to listen to just gets fast and fastr when the car does

any1 kno why would be good

ICACHA
20-03-2006, 09:25 AM
its called alternator whine, and why would it be good??????????

Slow96GSR
20-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Only thing good is it lets you know the alt is working!!! Other than that it's annoying and in a SQ comp you lose points!!

mj3610
20-03-2006, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Xplodin]any1 kno why would be good

its called alternator whine, and why would it be good??????????

Only thing good is it lets you know the alt is working!!! Other than that it's annoying and in a SQ comp you lose points!!
what he means is it would be good if anyone knows why it happens... :rolleyes: @ ICHACHA & Slow96GSR

stanleym
20-03-2006, 02:08 PM
ty mj

course i kno its aint good i been playin wif systems for a fiar while now any other noise besides wat u want aint good

every1 knows that

Xplodin
20-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok ok,

Sorry guys but this might sound like a saga.... with Johnno's Audio system.... lol

well i have a new problem. Not sure if its caused by the headunit or my wiring....

The same setup as above. I dont know if many of you's know much about the head unit. But i've got a sub out control. And I CANT TURN MY SUB OFF! Not that i want to but when i drive my parents round i would like to have it off so they dont get shitty. Anyways.... I've checked my wiring and 3 Times already and everything is wired up properly. However, When the RCA's Gets in contact with the Metal the sub turns off. (With the head unit Sub control off) I dont get it? Anyhelp? I called Pioneer they said bring it in and get it looked at, But Turn around time is 5-6 Working days. HAHAHA *** that!

Once again Thinking of returing to Original Setup.

thanks again

Xplodin
30-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Ok,
Since then i've taken my HU into repairs at Pioneer! OMG i have to say the sound that is being produced from my system is probly the best sound i've heard in years! Well worth the money i spent on it and the time as well. Found out the problem was a internal fuse which was blown so they replaced that and WaaLaa Its done fixed and sounding better than ever. I think i might enter some SQ Comps. But u'll have to see. Thanks for all your help and replies guys!

ICACHA
30-03-2006, 07:38 PM
sounds like something i wrote in another thread :D

good to see that it was a simple repair and not a dodgy install :)

Xplodin
31-03-2006, 02:38 PM
good to see that it was a simple repair and not a dodgy install :)

ICACHA,

sif i would do a dodgy install is my car my pride and joy.... LOL yeah i know ppl who take shortcuts here and there but in the end its just gonna be a shit system even if u've got the best. A Proper install is always the way to go :D