PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on full respray

Philc
17-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi guys,
great forum here guys! best ive seen so far.

I drive a silver em1 and am going to be getting a mugen front lip, and looking for some sort of rear lips (traders sale opportunity :) )

I will be spraying the outside of my car and was wanting suggestions as to if i should put a blue pearl through it. any help? please.
I was thinking with a m3 silver too.

EK9_boi
17-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Hi guys,
great forum here guys! best ive seen so far.

I drive a silver em1 and am going to be getting a mugen front lip, and looking for some sort of rear lips (traders sale opportunity :) )

I will be spraying the outside of my car and was wanting suggestions as to if i should put a blue pearl through it. any help? please.
I was thinking with a m3 silver too.

Hi There! :wave:

Welcome to the forum! Cool about the respray, but can you give us some examples of the colors you've mentioned, it's kinda hard to picture them...thanks!

Also, respray cost a lot of money 3K to 12k+, and finding a shop that could do a decent job of it could be difficult. Wouldn't you rather spend that money on performance upgrades that you can enjoy whilst in the car? Just a thought! :D

cheers

Philc
17-03-2006, 12:08 PM
thanks for the imput ek9 boi,

I got a quote for paint already. $3200. Just that my current paint is a shocka. Rock chips, and also a small dent from a hit and run (Pi$$ed off!!)

Sorry mate, cant post any pics, coz i cant find any. LOL
but ive seen others with pearls and it looks neat.

as for performance thats next on the list MUAHAHAHA.

Zdster
17-03-2006, 12:25 PM
That sounds like a pretty good price for a full respray. A few suggestions would be to check out the place, see if anyone else has used them before, see what there customer service is like and most importantly check the quality of the work.

Not sure that I can really picture it, but I think a blue pearl over silver might look nice.

There are a number of different lips that are available for the coupe - do a search and see which one you prefer.

Mr. Focus
17-03-2006, 12:38 PM
if you ask them (the sprayshop), they should be able to do you up a test card so you can see what you like

good luck with it

Philc
17-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I kinda know the guys at the spray shop. I've organised to have them spray a sample on card. should get next week.
as for photos of the rear bar a would like to buy, I cant post the pics here :(

phantom_civic
17-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Yeh quality is the main ingredient, as the sayn goes "u get what u pay for".
but thats a decent price for a respray, I paid 5600 alone for the respray which is custom color inside out and engine bay aswell.

VTi_b0i
17-03-2006, 07:36 PM
mines getting done this week for half that lol off a family friend tho... stock colour, with a gold pearl in it... the only thing that sucks bout adding pearls is u have no idea if it will look good or not :(

crx88rb
17-03-2006, 07:55 PM
^^^^ true that. im getting blue pearl on my stock red crx and matching it is really hard. also how did you get heaps of rock chips. your not in a area where you normally get chips every week are you? cause getting cutom paint job done and then getting chips would be a pain to. but i think a blue pearl with a silver would look good and prices will always variey

cdpfxz
17-03-2006, 08:13 PM
i have seen a couple of silver cars wit a blue pearl through it and it looks hot! i'd say go for it! as ppl hav said, thats a great price for a respray of that kind. i like blue, so a blue pearl would look great in my opinion, but atleast the good thing wit silver is, it can go wit most colours so if before u get it done u change ur mind, stick wit the silver and just get a different coloured pearl.... either way, should look the goods!!

nic :thumbsup:

VTi_b0i
17-03-2006, 08:17 PM
does it cost roughly 3200 for a respray with pearl? farrrrk my mate is charging me 1500 LOL ill give him a couple hundred extra cause he does very good work! i didnt realise it costed that much just for same colour wif pearl...

kongfu
17-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Where are you located mate?Your car full respray is around $2500 marks.
If you are in melb.I would recommend u some good places.

Philc
17-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Sweet.....everyones giving me the thumbs up for silver with pearl. thanks guys!

well i live in canberra. so theres not a lot of places i can get a respray done. got the rock chips from when i bought the car in SA then drove to melb then back home. everything was great, but when i got back........ :( chips galore!

the $3200 they quoted me was for outside only..
phantomcivic: you got a heaps good deal for $5600 for everything resprayed. howd it turn out?

ill try to post some pics of my ride.....before and after the rock chips

huynh12345
18-03-2006, 02:07 AM
the cost breaks down into cost of material and labour .. just a average car say a holdens and stuff (the bigger the car the more it will cost and more time taken) ... it would cost about/roughly 800 bucks just paint alone for the whole car.. not including engine interior etcetc.. and labour would roughly the same as the paint but then u gotta think about how much man hr is invovled with a full respray .. you gotta sand down the car, get all the dints and and dents outta out it, make it smooth and all, prime it, spray it , bake it and it takes a experience dude with good eyes and hands to get it prefect then theres cleaning it .. polish it etc etc ALOT OF TIME INVOVLED..

phantom_civic
18-03-2006, 08:01 PM
finish turned out a million dollars, just my sunroof wont go down that cheezes me off.

civicCXI
19-03-2006, 04:28 PM
$3200 for respray???? sounds alot to me. Is that including dents repair??

phantom_civic
19-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Some chops charge by the size and number of dents.

I agree with civic_cxi, 3200 is abit overpriced, but the quality of the job on that will turn out like a mirror.

Philc
19-03-2006, 06:08 PM
yeah, that price includes fixing up dents etc...so pretty much should look like its straight outta the showroom. ill be going ahead with in in about 2-3 weeks. (dont know how im gonna live with out my car while its being done, lol)

phantom, whats the go with the sunroof not going down? did you ask the guys that painted it to se if they will fix it up for you?

oh, and what rear lip you guys think i should get? gotta buy one pretty soon. something that matches the mugen front lip.....

aznpsuazn
19-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Im respraying my car atm, its getting primer on monday. Just had all panel beating done from all the little dents over the years. Was going to go black with gold pearl, but i think ill stick with black - safe colour, and also sexy.

phantom_civic
19-03-2006, 07:21 PM
yeah, that price includes fixing up dents etc...so pretty much should look like its straight outta the showroom. ill be going ahead with in in about 2-3 weeks. (dont know how im gonna live with out my car while its being done, lol)

phantom, whats the go with the sunroof not going down? did you ask the guys that painted it to se if they will fix it up for you?

oh, and what rear lip you guys think i should get? gotta buy one pretty soon. something that matches the mugen front lip.....

yeh the sunroof comes down but it dont sit flush, slants on an angle but my friend will get the auto electrician to check it out newaiz.

As for ur rear lip y not get the civic type R lip or mugen?

Philc
21-03-2006, 09:44 PM
i am thinking bout the ctr rear lip. not sure what the mugen lip looks like though. any good?

jdm16
22-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Depends how picky you are. I would recommend for my next respray to have all the windows out, all the rubbers completely removed and replaced for brand new. Everytime I get a new car and respray then I think I will make it better than the first which is true, but now im getting to fussy.

Just completely strip it in full and go from the ground up. Smooth over the body. Both cars Ive done have been left with small amounts of orange peel / welders bog on the doors. Will cost alot more than what I payed for this spray and probably more than the car is worth but at least Ill get some satisfaction from its BRAND NEW condition.