PDA

View Full Version : s2000 hid lights

notorious
19-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Hey all,

Just recently purchased an s2000 and noticed that the passenger side headlight is brighter than the drivers side headlight. I was just wondering could this be because the previous owner changed one bulb to a higher k or do i need to adjust my headlights? From what my friends tell me, they say that the passengers side headlight is much brighter from a far distance, however from a close distance and particular angle, there is hardly a difference in brightness. Thank you for in advance!

krbz
19-03-2006, 03:15 AM
are u sure its just brighter? maybe its at a different angle... but the same brightness

AusS2000
19-03-2006, 08:04 AM
What he said.

If you shine the lights against a wall you'll notice that the drivers side is a bit lower than the passenger. This is so as not to blind oncoming traffic. If you were to look at the lights from a distance I expect you would see this as a duller light.

notorious
19-03-2006, 12:37 PM
are u sure its just brighter? maybe its at a different angle... but the same brightness

From close range standing up they look pretty much the same, however if i was to crouch down and look at them from the same distance then i would immediately see that the passengers side headlight is much brighter (because the light reflects and gleams out much more than the drivers side headlight)

What he said.

If you shine the lights against a wall you'll notice that the drivers side is a bit lower than the passenger. This is so as not to blind oncoming traffic. If you were to look at the lights from a distance I expect you would see this as a duller light.

So, from a distance the drivers side headlight would be duller than the passengers side headlight?

Jezzah
22-03-2006, 12:01 AM
u can change them to a different HID noto..
just opm me and let me know,, i'll give it to you very very cheap.

BRU51N
22-03-2006, 12:33 AM
i know the majority of the headlights on other cars have this knob where u adjust the height of where it beams. i did it on my accord after i lowered it, as it was pointing towards the ground. there was like a knob thing behind it, that i just twisted to move it up.

krbz
22-03-2006, 01:00 AM
yeh on most cars u can easily change the angle of the headlight, the headlights on my s2k aren't exactly aligned, and yeh its normal coz so it doesnt blind on coming traffic... im not sure how to change angle of the headlight on the s2k, i think it would be hard as u probably have to do it through the guards