PDA

View Full Version : Sub & Amp Install

EKCivic96
19-03-2006, 08:49 AM
Im currently installing my sub and amp that i got free off a mate, now ive purchased an amp wireing kit and ive started but ive come to a dead end. Ive got the wire going from the -ive terminal on the battery to B+ on the amp, and i have a ground wire on GND thats as far as ive got. Im not sure where to put the rca's at the back of the head unit, the model is pioneer deh-p7750, there seems to be 3 places i can put them, any ideas? The 2nd question is from the amp "rem" stand for remote (i found that out from a search) but i dont know where it goes, does it go to the head unit? If so what cable? 3rd and last question, and the easiest, when bridging the amp, is it 1/3, or 1/4? Just need to double check.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Tu88y
19-03-2006, 09:04 AM
What you will need to do is run a remote wire from your headunit to your Amp. Have a look on the headunit and it will tell you what color is the remote. Normally the remote wire color is blue...

Second you will need to run a RCA from your head unit to your amp. im pretty sure the head unit you got has RCA output...... Use the one that is for Sub output if its only running a sub.

EKCivic96
19-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Thanks Tu88y, ill wire it all up today after work, thanks for you help

mj3610
19-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Ive got the wire going from the -ive terminal on the battery to B+ on the amp, Cheers
ok its earli morning and im abit slow, so correct me if im wrong, but sounds like ur powering ur amp from the negative (ground) terminal of the battery, u gotta run it from the positive terminal dude...

marte
19-03-2006, 11:04 AM
did you say you have 3 rca outlets on your headunit if so i believe one of them is sub one of them is rear and the other would be fronts i believe, connect it to your sub rca, then you have sub control

newmski
19-03-2006, 11:11 AM
ok first of....positive battery terminal goes to positive amp terminal and should have a fuse in the line shortly (no longer than 15 or so inches after the battery)
negative amp terminal goes to ground.
your headunit will have both speaker and sub RCA outs...obviously u want the subwoofer.
u also need to connect the remote wires to tell ur amp to turn on and off this is a thinner wires and usually blue in colour ( read manual to confirm this)
when laying the cables be sure to lay power cables opposite sides of car to the rca cables!
good luck..

marte
19-03-2006, 11:46 AM
u also need to connect the remote wires to tell ur amp to turn on and off this is a thinner wires and usually blue in colour ( read manual to confirm this)

yupp his right. if your running the pioneer head unit i'd doubt the remote would be any other color then blue

zorrt
19-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Read - www.installdr.com.

Since you bought a kit I'm sure you would of gotten a fuse with it. Place the fuse on the line preferably somewhere within 30cm from the battery. Make sure you ground your amp properly. Try the bolt where the seat belt buckle is. Just clean the area first. Power and ground cable should be the same gauge size.

You say u have 3 sets of RCA out, it should be marked on the cable which is which unless ur friend cut it off for some reason. Like it has been said, they are front, rear and sub out. If the label has been cut off then generally middle is rear and one of the outer ones are either sub or front.

Bridge should might be marked on ur amp where the connectors are so take a look at it. Make sure u have a + and -. Mine is on channel 1 and 4.

Remote power is to the HU to tell the AMP to switch on which is a 12v line. Measure it if you arent sure. Should only be active when you HU is on. Size of cable isnt neccessarily thinner. I know my pioneer ones arent. Pioneer should be a Blue cable with white stripe I think.

EKCivic96
19-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Cheers for that everyone, i realised im a dumbass and was wiring it to the -ive on the battery. Im sure this is how my mate had it and it was working. ill go change it now and do everything else you have all so kindly told me. ill get back and tell you how it went.

Cheers

EKCivic96
19-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Ok now ive just finished the wireing and waiting for my mate to drop the sub off. Now this is going to be a dumb question again, but seeing as tho to bridge the amp i need to wire up 1/4, this should mean that on the rca's i should wire it up to 1/4 aswell right?

Thanks again

zorrt
19-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Ok now ive just finished the wireing and waiting for my mate to drop the sub off. Now this is going to be a dumb question again, but seeing as tho to bridge the amp i need to wire up 1/4, this should mean that on the rca's i should wire it up to 1/4 aswell right?

Thanks again

No. Leave the RCAs alone.

If you are bridgin channel 1 and 4 together make sure you are using a + and -. Lets say channel 1 is the + channel and channel 4 is the - channel. It should be marked on the amp itself. If not ask your friend or leave a model number and someone can check it for u.

Before you go and put everything back together I would recommend u make sure everything is working 100% and that you amp does turn on and off.