PDA

View Full Version : strut bars for eg4

huynh12345
19-03-2006, 02:21 PM
hey would anyone rkn they could make strut bars for an eg4

cause i was thinking about it the other day and thinking it would be that hard

all you would need is a stiff steel pole that can reach from one side of the strut tower to the other, a welder , and some kinda metal that thing that would hold the bar to the strut tower wells you know what im talking about :( and a drill for those holes ? cos the nuts are already there ..

would be a cheap DIY even if its not soo appealing as a aftermartket one

if it has been done already wandering if there were any pros and cons to it

egSi
19-03-2006, 03:06 PM
any eg/ek/dc bar will fit man :thumbsup:

if u access to some fabrication gear then it would be possible but maybe it would be easier to just buy aftermarket

huynh12345
19-03-2006, 03:28 PM
but it would be a funner option =D hrmmz im doing mechnical engineering in tafe and i rkn its possible with the tools and know-how

e240
19-03-2006, 06:57 PM
hey would anyone rkn they could make strut bars for an eg4

cause i was thinking about it the other day and thinking it would be that hard

all you would need is a stiff steel pole that can reach from one side of the strut tower to the other, a welder , and some kinda metal that thing that would hold the bar to the strut tower wells you know what im talking about :( and a drill for those holes ? cos the nuts are already there ..

would be a cheap DIY even if its not soo appealing as a aftermartket one

if it has been done already wandering if there were any pros and cons to it

You can, and I did it for my car when I was a 'poor' student in uni.
Cut the base plates out of steel (It will be easier if you've got a cutting machine) and you could get the rod from bunnings.

Bolts the plates in place first, then weld the bar.

It works just fine.

You have PM

Tu88y
19-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to buy a aftermarket one....

e240
19-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Wouldnt it be cheaper and easier to buy a aftermarket one....

Nowadays, for Hondas, yes.

But at that time (late 90's), who makes strut bars for an '82 Mazda 323?
I was hillclimbing and motorkhana'ing and the body was flexing and creaking due to age..... :beer:

[[d a n n y]]
19-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Buy after market mate
making (DIY) is too much hassle

huynh12345
19-03-2006, 10:45 PM
man ive seen like strut bars go for 250 and i was just atonished danny

EG5[KRT]
19-03-2006, 11:59 PM
i got a eg6 / dc2 oem strut bar if u want..

pm me im selling for cheap(brisbane)

n/a
20-03-2006, 12:45 AM
hey buddy strut bars tend to not perfectly fit, needing the strut bar brackets to be fitted 1st. if you're welding the bar to the brackets it will probably won't be just a mount on and off thing..

but it'll be a fun project if you have access to welding, maybe you could mount the brackets on your car 1st then weld the pole onto the brackets. then the car will have a permanent strut bar. :eek:

mj3610
20-03-2006, 12:57 PM
eg4 is a 1.5L carby breeze, u cant fit strut bars from egx/dcx cause the carby is in the way... onli way would be to get one customised which is not worth it...