PDA

View Full Version : Possible to Sell engine?

Rico
19-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey guys a thing has been on my mind for a while now, its a newb q so anyways. I bought my car with an engine thats done only 80000k's, now for a 12 year old car thats pretty good, the engine is in perfect nick has been all its life, been serviced by an official honda dealer all its life (every 5000k's or less), and has about 1.5 years warranty left with the honda dealer. Now I've been wanting to do a engine swap and get a h22a and was wondering is it easy to sell the engine? I believe it would aid someone who wants a stock engine in perfect nick for daily driving, not someone like me lol.

tRipitaka
19-03-2006, 07:20 PM
honestly, it's pretty hard to sell an engine that very few people want..
and as u know, honda engines are pretty tough, which means that not many people will be needing a replacement engine, so it'll pretty much make it even harder to sell..

bennjamin
19-03-2006, 07:42 PM
ofcourse it is. But thats the most you can find out from this forum :)

Anything else...like a EOI isnt allowed. By all means post it up for sale in the correct forum when ready tho !

BiLL|z0r
19-03-2006, 08:07 PM
You could see if Ebay has similar engines, how much they go for etc. You usually get a sale on Ebay it's just how much that's the problem.

Rico
19-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah ta guys was just wondering cause I wouldnt mind selling the engine after putting an h22a in, cause its a good engine in perfect nic, it would be a waste to leave it in the dust..

Steer^Gimic
19-03-2006, 08:24 PM
ring up a wrecker and get a quote on your engine. it should give you a rough estimate on what to sell it for

connections
19-03-2006, 10:37 PM
dont sell it to a wrecker lol

my cousin sold his stock engine for $1000 ish on ebay and the wreckers only offered him like $500 lol

aimre
19-03-2006, 11:57 PM
yeah but use the wreckers price as a starting point

ask a wrecker how much to BUY ONE FROM THEM and then base your price around that

h22a accord
20-03-2006, 04:25 PM
im still waiting for someone to buy mine and its been over 2 years now lol. probably not worth any more than a few hundred bux.

Rico
20-03-2006, 04:54 PM
oh *** dude....i bought the car at a high price (10k) cause the car was in perfect nic and the chassis + engine only done 70k thinkin maybe in the future cause its such in good nic i could sell the engine and do the conversion, maybe i just should of bought a shitbox cd5 and done that in the first place...BAH!!!!

tRipitaka
20-03-2006, 05:02 PM
as i said,
it's hard to sell an engine that not many people want or need..
everyone wants a dohc vtec conversion, but no one wants an sohc vtec/non-vtec..
and people who do want an sohc vtec/non-vtec are usually people who have blown up motors..
hondas are known to be very hardy and reliable engines, so i doubt there'll be many people blowing up motors.. even then, the majority of people who blow up motors are hardcore car enthusiasts/motorheads, and most likely wouldn't use an sohc as an engine base..

so my advice is, use ur engine til it's on its last legs.. then convert.. don't waste the money that u spent on such a clean and perfect car, when u're just gonna change that anyway..

or bang for buck, boost the mfkr

ECU-MAN
20-03-2006, 07:57 PM
when someone F22 seizes up, trust me, you will sell it, as long as you asking price is resonable then you will sell it ( if your engine is ok )

I could of sold it for you last month.

Benson
21-03-2006, 11:08 AM
i reckon it depends on wat engine u hav....

wat enigne do u hav btw?

Rico
23-03-2006, 04:40 PM
f22b i think, non-vtec motor...