PDA

View Full Version : WRX Kill!

Weq
19-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, had to make a new topic for this one cause it was so satisfying. A young guy in his parents new WRX was thrashing it around the place on the way home tonight. I was just minding my own buisness but he was just to good to resist. After a while of frustrating whirling in traffic i got the opportunity of a lifetime as a set of lights turned orange on a great stretch of road.
Staging at the lights was very nervous, i revved hima couple of times and he was already primed. Lights turn green and feather out the clutch so i didnt spin it and we are neck and neck (i was just infront) through first. Into second my clutch was slipping hard and it only just caught, and i powered ahead to lead by almost a car length entering 3rd. There was a guy in his lane and he was trying deperatly to get infront of me as we got into 3rd, but couldnt and had to duck back behind me, Meanwhile i slowed a bit but punched it hard at 4000rpm and let my head slide back into the seat with 10lbs pumping into the engine, wound it out and watched his car disapear into the horizon!

Wah, i was so pumped after that, i never get opportunities like that, and nothing is more satisfying then seeing the look on there faces when they realise its not ur average Civic :) Fun fun fun! Now to fix this clutch up as its slipping hardc0re.

Chi
19-04-2004, 09:44 PM
lol the sleeper affect.

I honestly cant tell its a turbo from the looks or sounds.

VTEC16
19-04-2004, 09:52 PM
well done weg.....im sure he was suprised!

wynode
19-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Woaa good stuff man!

Did it look like this (http://members.optusnet.com.au/ozhonda/vids/turbo.avi) as you went past ? ;)

Weq
19-04-2004, 10:36 PM
Not quite that fast :) But id love to of grabbed a picture of his face as i entered 2nd gear!

Rt!
19-04-2004, 10:53 PM
street racing is bad mmkay :p
all this proves is that lancers with altezzas are faster than kid driving around in his parent's WRX :P

Chi
19-04-2004, 10:57 PM
street racing is bad mmkay :p
all this proves is that lancers with altezzas are faster than kid driving around in his parent's WRX :P

What about the lancers with evo body kits and fake intercoolers? :P

Rt!
19-04-2004, 11:17 PM
do you know the context? :)
weq raced a stock lancer with altezzas and got chopped :p (he'll never admit it, but we have another witness)

Chi
19-04-2004, 11:23 PM
AHHAHAHA serious!!!

omg the shame !!

Weq
19-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Oh the shame, the agony :(
I WASNT TRYING!!! =]

XXpl0Sive
20-04-2004, 12:15 AM
"I wasn't trying"
the usual excuse :P

Jk..

Nice story, bet you scared the pants off him!

fusion_VTi
20-04-2004, 03:11 PM
hey man u taken your car down the quater yet?? if not what sorta time do you reckon you'd get?

A'PEXi
20-04-2004, 04:23 PM
hahah nice one mate :D

incoming
21-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Oh the shame, the agony :(
I WASNT TRYING!!! =]

on a serious note... dont u just hate that!!!
they think they've won?!?!

Rt!
21-04-2004, 02:13 AM
yeh, he tried again, but rattled his heatshield loose cause he was bunnyhopping :)

vti_ek9
23-08-2004, 11:49 AM
i dunno how u bet a wrx in 1st gear....guess he didn't launch huh???
well nice win..ahah

SiNH
23-08-2004, 01:07 PM
As stated in your original post, this is a kid with a new WRX, you can not launch a wrx properly until you have practiced it a couple of times.

Let me ask the original poster, did you notice that he bogged the launch or was this a minor detail and wasnt worth mentioning?

Credit where credit is due, you prolly had a great launch and took off too far for a turbo'ed boxer to catch up so good on you.

I can tell you now, baring the S2000 and modded ITR the only real world Honda competitor I dont think it would be the same outcome if you raced an experienced rex driver.

Is your car modded? a modded rex will obliterate any 2wd at the launch.

Then again a win is a win, but dont go judging future rex traffic light GP by that experience because i guarantee you that any half decent rex driver would eat you at the launch and when turbo kicks in it will be like your vtec and keep on pulling.

Da1nONLY
23-08-2004, 01:10 PM
in saying that... =)
any 4WD will kill any 2wd off the launch. =)

egSi
23-08-2004, 01:24 PM
fukn rex owners havin a cry.

nice one weq

Da1nONLY
23-08-2004, 01:33 PM
heheh =)
a win is a win! =P

Weq
23-08-2004, 07:13 PM
As stated in your original post, this is a kid with a new WRX, you can not launch a wrx properly until you have practiced it a couple of times.

Let me ask the original poster, did you notice that he bogged the launch or was this a minor detail and wasnt worth mentioning?

Credit where credit is due, you prolly had a great launch and took off too far for a turbo'ed boxer to catch up so good on you.

I can tell you now, baring the S2000 and modded ITR the only real world Honda competitor I dont think it would be the same outcome if you raced an experienced rex driver.

Then again a win is a win, but do go judging future rex traffic light GP by that experience because i guarantee you that any half decent rex driver would eat you at the launch and when turbo kicks in it will be like your vtec and keep on pulling.

umm na my car isnt modded.. just a stocky!

we both didnt launch. sorry it was a minor detail. just a spirited take off and foot flat to the floor. sure the wrx would of killed me off the line if he launched, but i would of chased his punk ass down and show him that he should of left him mums car at home.

fwd vs 4wd isnt much of a comparision. its all about traction. give me a pair of slicks and i'll play with the 4wd's then, because comparivitly, it will give us even 60ft's and show which has more balls.

poid
23-08-2004, 08:26 PM
but then you race the rex driver twice in a row and watch his box blow after really good launches :D

WRX's really are all launch, they dont have very much mid-range and top end stock

soon2b300hp
23-08-2004, 08:28 PM
i think there just scared that there modern day gemini isnt that quick after all... what does a stock wrx do down the 1/4 mile? 14 something.. my car was stock a pulled a 15.5 im not saying i will beat a wrx... but take away the turbo and the 4wd and cya...

madgrk
23-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Thats a silly thing to say "Take away a turbo and the 4wd and cya".

Subaru engineer their cars for a turbo, Honda for N/A and Nissan for RWD turbo (generally).

If you take things off/put things on it's going to screw everything. Of course everyone here will say a WRX isnt anything, but put a good driver in a WRX (STi or not), and they will be fairly hard to catch.

Congrats on the win dude! Sounds like quite a weapon you have there. I like the fact you havent dressed it up with silly additions, keeping it simple is keepin it real :D

-theo

Jap_inside
23-08-2004, 10:12 PM
"give me a pair of slicks and i'll play with the 4wd's then, because comparivitly, it will give us even 60ft's and show which has more balls."

then give the wrx a set of slicks and see whos balls get cut off ! ;)

"but take away the turbo and the 4wd and cya..."

rofl... yea bro, while ur ther..take away them wheels on the wrx an the civ's on the horizon bro!

Weq... show us how quick your car is with an E.T. !! u hitting the track netime soon?

Weq
24-08-2004, 04:54 PM
"give me a pair of slicks and i'll play with the 4wd's then, because comparivitly, it will give us even 60ft's and show which has more balls."

Weq... show us how quick your car is with an E.T. !! u hitting the track netime soon?

all i was trying to say is that fwdvs4wd is an inherit disadvantage. just because something can outlaunch me, doesnt mean its faster/more powerful.

im no good at launches, espically on my cheap rubber... if i can get some semi's on loan i'll take her down, but without em its pointless. in the end, i never created this car to be a track warrior, its a daily driver with street presence.

ps. this thread is back from the deasd. lols =]

neostars
26-08-2004, 11:28 PM
I noticed that stock 98 wrx have weak 3rd gear.
I be 1 car behind on launch, but when I shift to 3 gear on my dc5r wit K-pro i always pull away.

jackosimm
27-08-2004, 08:42 PM
ooo ur pushin it a little, my dads got a WRX and 3rd go's pretty friggin hard when ur crackin about 90km/h, although its no longer stock....

neostars
28-08-2004, 05:24 PM
not pushing nuffthing, this is from my experience racing stock 98 wrx.

jackosimm
28-08-2004, 05:27 PM
lol yeh true true not intendin to take any glory, id be claiming it too!!! :honda:

CRX-Ando
01-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't condone street racing but the occasional traffic-light grand prix can be warranted with a commonsensical approach...I haven't been involved in many of these since ownership of my CRX but the urge to prove that my "grocery-getter" or "riceburner" can mix it with the Nismo, Subi & HSV boys can get the better of my judgement sometimes...they don't expect much when they come up next to me & it can be priceless when they get a good view of the CRX rump...that's what a boosted vtec generating 200kWs+ at the wheels can achieve & I still have plenty of avenues to improve on & rectify...

Congrats on your Subi kill Weq & I'm interested to know the HP figures you're generating...tyres do a play a part mate but I feel this is a minor factor when accounting for the fact that it's FWD vs. AWD but I do stand corrected...my whole point encompasses the notion that the so-called performance makes such as Nissan & Subaru should take note that us "grocery-getters" are getting pretty quick so be warned...we're not just going to lie down to you...

soon2b300hp
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
i agree.... but keep it to the track!!!

h22a accord
16-09-2004, 06:18 PM
i wanna line up a wrx now.

[[d a n n y]]
16-09-2004, 07:23 PM
lol wrx's r not that much of a great car...
rather drive a DC5R than a WRX

rocky_b
16-09-2004, 07:39 PM
woot woot! haha always wanted to hear sum1 chop a rexxie! :D

monstaR
10-10-2004, 12:39 AM

Then again a win is a win, but do go judging future rex traffic light GP by that experience because i guarantee you that any half decent rex driver would eat you at the launch and when turbo kicks in it will be like your vtec and keep on pulling.

Y is a rex owner doin in a honda forum anyways???????? :thumbdwn: Hate them, always think that they are so damm fast....... so what if you are quick on the launch????? i tell you now that if you come down to melb, my vtec boys will " munch munch rexy's for lunch" word.........(your lucky there is no icon for the big finger......) :thumbdwn:

monstaR
10-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Way to go for killing another fagotty rexy(subumru)....yeah

faijai
10-10-2004, 03:19 AM
lolz ncie win weq
haha i think eveyr 1 is abit biased to protect thieir own cars here!
STOP DISSING WREXXIES> TEHRE FULLY SICK!!

SiR JDM
10-10-2004, 04:03 AM
"Take away a turbo and the 4wd and cya" is the stupidest thing ive heard.
Of course it would be nothing. The Turbo and the 4wd is what makes the rex the rex. Subaru engineered it to be that way, like Honda have engineered vtec. Take the vtec away from Hondas and it will be a similar story...

Talking drags, because the 1.8 rex doesn't have a strong mid/top end getting a good launch is very important if its going to run a good time/compete with another car, because of that it needs to be utilized.
Its like a honda draging but shifting at 5k (except those EG SIs and dc2 GSIs out there ^_^)

Nice work on the rex. I dont care what car it is, but n00bs on the road thinking they're the shit need to be put in their place. Like CRX-ando said, street racing isn't somethin i condone at all but as long as its taken in "common-sensable* approch then its not too bad..
I know once or twice ive given a fat commodore full of fully sik bros a suprise of their life, picking on a lil breeze like me, get wat they deserve...

civic_mods
10-10-2004, 04:51 AM
ok,let give a fair compare between civic & a wrx

I got a Civic VTi EK & just bought a stock GC8 WRX
the truth is,my civic may cacth up or even faster then rex in the twisty road,but never in the drag......(i drove my civic for 2 years already,extractor,exhaust,suspension,brake,etc all upgraded)
those wrx are so fast,if u not argee,sit in one and try to test drive it,and ask urself this question: " My little VTi-R or Type-R faster or this stock like a rock rex is faster?" try to tell ur self the truth.......

personally,i love honda,i love my VTi and DC2R,but i still have to face the truth which wrx are way faster then my civic in drag....... :p

and i know all of u guys love ur honda's just like me do, but how can we compare a modded civic or crx(like the BLKCRX,400kw+ atw) to a stock wrx???that's not fair,wasn't it?

i m pretty sure if u spend 10000 to mod ur civic & someone else spend 10000 to mod their wrx,they must be much much faster then ur's....

The advantage of Honda's car are handling & easy to control NA format,which u can have fun within 7000rpm,but those Turbo car such as wrx will suffer from boost controlling when they pedal down~ So u can win any rex in corner if the driver is not so good~

No offece here,just try to tell my personal feeling,pls don't blame on me
Anyway, wrx is not easy to control for newbies like me,i waana get a DC5R rather,lots more fun then rex

civic_mods
10-10-2004, 04:53 AM
"Take away a turbo and the 4wd and cya" is the stupidest thing ive heard.
Of course it would be nothing. The Turbo and the 4wd is what makes the rex the rex. Subaru engineered it to be that way, like Honda have engineered vtec. Take the vtec away from Hondas and it will be a similar story...

Talking drags, because the 1.8 rex doesn't have a strong mid/top end getting a good launch is very important if its going to run a good time/compete with another car, because of that it needs to be utilized.
Its like a honda draging but shifting at 5k (except those EG SIs and dc2 GSIs out there ^_^)

Nice work on the rex. I dont care what car it is, but n00bs on the road thinking they're the shit need to be put in their place. Like CRX-ando said, street racing isn't somethin i condone at all but as long as its taken in "common-sensable* approch then its not too bad..
I know once or twice ive given a fat commodore full of fully sik bros a suprise of their life, picking on a lil breeze like me, get wat they deserve...

yes,wrx does spool up very slow under 4000rpm ,it is even slower then any CXI under 3000rpm

SIKCVC
10-10-2004, 06:01 PM
yes,wrx does spool up very slow under 4000rpm ,it is even slower then any CXI under 3000rpm

Under 4000RPM... I find that VERY hard to belive... Horizontal engines spool up turbos MUCH faster than strait and V engines. Especially considering horizontal engines strugle to rev high (ie past 6500-7000RPM) a turbo that doesn't hit any decent boost until 4000 would be a total wast of time. I think you'll find a stock WRX will be on decent boost by 2500ish.

WPN.22R
10-10-2004, 06:45 PM
OH PLEASE>>> besides the fact i kill pulsar GTiRs, they launch... and by the time im going second to third gear, ive put a car and half, toward the end of the third he has no chance... now if i can do that to GTiR pulsars...hmmm i wonder what would happen if i lined up a wrx.... :wave: hahahaa

you know the only time i was creamed by a wrx was when he was running major boost (i think he said 1bar) and i didnt have a turbo at the time just exhaust and KnN, everytime i raced a wrx from the lights i would beat it

NO SHIT!!

NeoNode
10-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Talking drags, because the 1.8 rex doesn't have a strong mid/top end getting a good launch...

Don't you mean 2.0 :)

McChook
10-10-2004, 07:35 PM
OH PLEASE>>> besides the fact i kill pulsar GTiRs, they launch... and by the time im going second to third gear, ive put a car and half, toward the end of the third he has no chance... now if i can do that to GTiR pulsars...hmmm i wonder what would happen if i lined up a wrx.... :wave: hahahaa

you know the only time i was creamed by a wrx was when he was running major boost (i think he said 1bar) and i didnt have a turbo at the time just exhaust and KnN, everytime i raced a wrx from the lights i would beat it

NO SHIT!!
Here here

Standard WRXs are pretty much elementry kills....

Xenon
10-10-2004, 08:19 PM
A stock Rex before the bug eyed version runs the quarter in the low 14's according to tests by motor magazine (i know their times are FOS sometimes ;) ). Of course to get those times, they have to fully side-step the clutch at high revs to break the 4wd traction..

The point im trying to make is that how can a lot of people (non-turbo hondas) here say that they can take out WRX's in traffic light battles assuming the rex is trying and knows how to drive?? It would take a well modded ITR or very heavily modded civic or prelude to get those type of times...

I think a lot of ppl here underestimate the quickness of the WRX out of the factory, of course its good to beat one..but some ppl need to be a bit more realistic about their kill stories ;)

Ignoring driver capabilities, it cannot be disputed that a stock WRX is quick from a standing start and faster than any stock integra, prelude or civic. Though this may be a bitter pill to swallow for a lot of the honda fanboys out there :rolleyes:

McChook
10-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Pre Bug eye WRXs NO WAY do low 14s.
I won't say that all WRXs drivers are perfect, unlike the people who test for magazines, who do 30 runs, then pick the best time.

I have NEVER had any problem with a 94-96 serie WRX - they are all so beaten up and poorly maintained, they are "pull a length" to 3rd gear. 96 -> are slightly quicker, but I'v always remianed side-by-side in every drag at minimum, the odd one I pull a 1/2 length eventually.

A "Stock" WRX normally means someone who usually doesn't wanna race - normally they have shitty $100 tyres...

BTW, I'll say no mods other than suspension mods... I think that's where I really make up a lot of lost ground on WRXs offthe line

civic_mods
10-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Pre Bug eye WRXs NO WAY do low 14s.
I won't say that all WRXs drivers are perfect, unlike the people who test for magazines, who do 30 runs, then pick the best time.

Pre Bug eye wrx are faster then Bug eye rex mate........
go to do some research b4 u say this.......

civic_mods
10-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Under 4000RPM... I find that VERY hard to belive... Horizontal engines spool up turbos MUCH faster than strait and V engines. Especially considering horizontal engines strugle to rev high (ie past 6500-7000RPM) a turbo that doesn't hit any decent boost until 4000 would be a total wast of time. I think you'll find a stock WRX will be on decent boost by 2500ish.

yup,u are right~~~
for normal rex with TD04 or TD04L,they did spoll up between 2500rpm~~
but for sti,they got vf28,vf34,vf35,they spool up around 3700rpm-3900rpm as they got a bigger turbo in stock form

but anyway many rex owner upgrade their turbo to VF22 or VF34

McChook
10-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Pre Bug eye wrx are faster then Bug eye rex mate........
go to do some research b4 u say this.......
I never said they weren't - ****ing hell, I said PRE BUG EYE, i never said the bug eyes were faster or slower, so **** off buddy.

joneblaze
10-10-2004, 10:54 PM
I think everyone should seriously just chill out. Some people are right about this forum being a base for Honda fanboys. I'm not quite sure what sort of illusions some of us are under. But I've been in/driven/"raced"/seen a fair few model Rex's, and there's no way most stock/mildly modded Hondas would have a chance off a traffic light...

I'm sure other make forums (eg. Nissan, Toyota, Subaru) would be equally as biased and blinded towards their own make of cars...but seriously, it's pretty pathetic IMHO.
I really enjoy driving my little GSi, and she goes well around corners with aftermarket sussy, but I'm not going to talk down other makes of cars, nor claim stock turbo vehicles aren't extremely fast in comparison to most Hondas.

This internet bitching and "my NA Honda smoked a WRX easily/my WRX can smash any modded NA" (barring the boosted Hondas like WPN22R's lude and Jon's EG) is really lame and a waste of time.

CRX-Ando
11-10-2004, 08:28 AM
This internet bitching and "my NA Honda smoked a WRX easily/my WRX can smash any modded NA" (barring the boosted Hondas like WPN22R's lude and Jon's EG) is really lame and a waste of time.

Apologies for veering slightly off-topic here but who are the boosted Hondas on here...just curious as to what sort of power/times you fellas are generating thats all...thanks :)

maling
11-10-2004, 06:52 PM
good kill anyways Weq

remember there is a difference between "when the car is feeling fast and actually going fast."

:honda:

IRI
11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I think everyone should seriously just chill out. Some people are right about this forum being a base for Honda fanboys. I'm not quite sure what sort of illusions some of us are under. But I've been in/driven/"raced"/seen a fair few model Rex's, and there's no way most stock/mildly modded Hondas would have a chance off a traffic light...

I'm sure other make forums (eg. Nissan, Toyota, Subaru) would be equally as biased and blinded towards their own make of cars...but seriously, it's pretty pathetic IMHO.
I really enjoy driving my little GSi, and she goes well around corners with aftermarket sussy, but I'm not going to talk down other makes of cars, nor claim stock turbo vehicles aren't extremely fast in comparison to most Hondas.

NO SHIT :thumbsup:

Whats with all the anomisity towards rexes :confused: Just cos you dont like them or whatever, doesnt take away the fact that they are a f**king fast car straight out of the showroom....

SiNH
26-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Hahah well I signed up on this site probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before you, I was even welcomed.

Eventhough I drive a WRX doesnt mean I dont respect the H, I have not dissed the Hondas cause they are great machines. I dont go forum hopping shitting on the owner's loungeroom carpet.

You prolly hate rexes cause you prolly got chewed and spat out everytime and needs to learn to grow up and accept that you havent got the fastest car in the world, I accept this fact so can you,... theres always someone faster.

So what if the rex is quicker on the launch???? Duh! isnt that what the whole argument is about???? dont get all delusional on me and stay on topic.

I think Honda should have another catch phrase just for the minority of Honda drivers like yourself " Honda - The Power of Dreamers ". Im sure the majority of Honda drivers out on the road have respect other cars on the road, weather it be FI or V8s, respect the cars for what they are not what you stereotype the drivers to be.

Why dont you visit www.wrx.com.au (http://www.wrx.com.au) and see if you can organise someone from there for a off street drag, with time slips and official times. They are Melbourne based. Make sure you let us all know how you go, maybe its time to put money where your mouth is?

I agree that it is unfortunate that there is no icon for giving the bird cause I would like to use it at this stage @ you.

Sorry in my delayed response, unlike you I dont browse this site everyday.

PS: its not munch munch rexy's for lunch, its actually munch munch gearboxes for lunch! :D

Y is a rex owner doin in a honda forum anyways???????? :thumbdwn: Hate them, always think that they are so damm fast....... so what if you are quick on the launch????? i tell you now that if you come down to melb, my vtec boys will " munch munch rexy's for lunch" word.........(your lucky there is no icon for the big finger......) :thumbdwn:

SiNH
26-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Dude I dont know the average age of your members, but at www.rexnet.com.au (http://www.rexnet.com.au) we are mostly over 25 ( due to insurance of owning a rex ) and you will find the discussions on there doesnt have the childish mentalities of some of the post on here ( no offence intended ) at least in regards to putty shit on other car makers brand, exception to this is the commonwhore drivers which I have had various experiences with, other than that I cant recall any unprovoked shit bashing on the H.

I dont mind reading bias, however when I read something that is so unbelievable and especially containing errors and mis-information ( eg. 1.8L WRX????? ) I feel I have to put the record straight and wake up a few people from their dreams.

Im glad at least the moderators ( such as yourself ) on this site doesnt have these childish attitudes and is intelligent enough to make your own informed conclusions.

Respect where respect is due dude :thumbsup:

flipmods
26-11-2004, 08:48 AM
Back to the topic.

Good work Weq, I know how you feel when you see a Rexie driver that feels he is all that...

I think what Weq is trying to say is he saw a oportunity to race an unexperienced Rexie driver and he took it. He is not saying his car can beat every rex out, but he wanted to put this one in its place. Rexies are quick but lets face it if the driver doesn't get a big headstart by the right take off he has no chance over a Properly boosted Honda.

Racing is wrong but I am not one to talk, Great work Weq.

SiNH
26-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Back to the topic.

Good work Weq, I know how you feel when you see a Rexie driver that feels he is all that...

I think what Weq is trying to say is he saw a oportunity to race an unexperienced Rexie driver and he took it. He is not saying his car can beat every rex out, but he wanted to put this one in its place. Rexies are quick but lets face it if the driver doesn't get a big headstart by the right take off he has no chance over a Properly boosted Honda.

Racing is wrong but I am not one to talk, Great work Weq.
Boosted H is another story, man those things are frigging light!!! power to weight must be insane!

I can only imagine the torque steer. :p

LatinoHatchCrap
26-11-2004, 09:55 AM
My mate drives a rexxie and I reckon they're nice cars outta the show room. I wont say whether or not I can beat him but one thing I will say is that regardless whether I like his car or not rexxies are quick cars that are well built. 3
They def do impress the females more than a riced out hatch :S

wlee2
26-11-2004, 12:11 PM
i dont think this thread really was ment to start a REx Vs honda Competition. it was more like WRX get outofdaway Mighty Weq comming through =P... i say you can respect all cars of different types even though u might be bias to one make. but doesnt meen you have to or will respect all of their drivers. i meen i see alot of V8 commodors make lots and lots of noise on the road why because they can!. you see lots of WRX racing on the street well same reason =P.. nice cars and all they all have their ups and down. not to attack anyone that has either of these cars but you have to admit there are some people out there that do silly things some honda fanatics included.

but just to finish off why do honda boys Vtec.. well BECAUSE we can ^_^...

cough.. hope that cools this thread down =P lets be friends!!..

JohnnyBoy
26-11-2004, 02:15 PM
whether you drive a 'Honda' or 'Suburu', that's really not the point.

'each to their own', 'King of the castle', etc..

i'm sure no one likes others dissing about their castles.. :P

panda[cRx]
30-11-2004, 04:58 AM
whats that vin diesel line in fast and furious LOL?
doesnt matter how much win by but a win is still a win or some shit like that hehehehe

wlee2
30-11-2004, 09:06 AM
"ask any street ricer any they all know it, It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning"

Vin Diesel.

jords
30-11-2004, 12:02 PM
"Always the underdog", nice one weq.

Catcha
01-12-2004, 11:37 PM
When i see ram raiders using honda's as getaway cars then i give them some more respect, But some of you owners i would assume young based on your replies to this thread. it's like reading hot4's forums

I beat a honda Euro in a jazz ? how could that be? cause i'm a better drive, impossible Euro pulls 140 odd kws at the wheel. Euro driver probabaly can't drive...and the crap goes on...blah blah blah

WRX just won the best sports car under 57g . I wonder why ?

Weq
01-12-2004, 11:45 PM
When i see ram raiders using honda's as getaway cars then i give them some more respect, But some of you owners i would assume young based on your replies to this thread. it's like reading hot4's forums

I beat a honda Euro in a jazz ? how could that be? cause i'm a better drive, impossible Euro pulls 140 odd kws at the wheel. Euro driver probabaly can't drive...and the crap goes on...blah blah blah

WRX just won the best sports car under 57g . I wonder why ?
Cause i wouldnt let the reviewers take my car for a thrash.

Catcha
02-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Cause i wouldnt let the reviewers take my car for a thrash.
And your point is ? when you buy a car don't you buy it new usually not a thrash one ?
Thats why your car didn't win sports car of the year :D

wlee2
02-12-2004, 08:32 AM
some points i agree with catcha. but some i dont. WRX nice car ok =-P.. sports car of year and all cool .. honda had its time as well. but some of the drivers that drive the WRX dont deserve to drive it. every car make have their good and bad drivers.. and like every car make they also have their own group of stupid drivers =P. neway Weq if he put his car in for car of the year prolly win it =P.. hehe. and a jazz beat a euro.. where ^_^ i wanna see it done =P..

Catcha
02-12-2004, 09:43 AM
some points i agree with catcha. but some i dont. WRX nice car ok =-P.. sports car of year and all cool .. honda had its time as well. but some of the drivers that drive the WRX dont deserve to drive it. every car make have their good and bad drivers.. and like every car make they also have their own group of stupid drivers =P. neway Weq if he put his car in for car of the year prolly win it =P.. hehe. and a jazz beat a euro.. where ^_^ i wanna see it done =P..
Agree every car has it's drivers that don't deserve to drive, we had 2 accidents involving WRX's and one GTR that have made it into the new, now those WRX's don't belong to the REXNET group as far as we know,cause most do it on organised track days, you be surprised how a minority of people can ruin it for all. If you ever did have the time to jump on REXNET you see how mature the attitude is compared to lets say here. and the Crap people spin here.

I reckon that my Jazz can beat a civic VTI stock for the simple fact that A it's lighter, hey other jazz owners have beaten Lancers ? good on ya that means i can take on Euros and Type R......
Sure first and second gear u might be able to keep up third and fourth seeya.

I raced a highly modded 200sx at the drags in the final, it was between me and him, had a fantastic launch kept up with him though 1st, 2nd,3rd. once i hit fourth the car left me 5 car lengths.....and i was like Fark that cars got good mid range. And here i was thinking a had a remote chance of beating it was i wrong. But i don't go bragging about how i kept up with a highly modded 200sx in first and second, when a real race goes up to 5th and higher.

I also raced a S13 and he caught me off guard, 1st he was a ahead 2nd i neck to neck, 3rd i pulled but backed off when i reached the speed limit about 80kph , all good fun, gave the thumbs up thats it, and thats how it should be.

It's thread like this that have no substance to back it up and unlikely possibility , but then when people start these sorts of theads they are stubborn and want a medal. WRX are not the greatest cars in the world nor the fastest, but credit is given when due. Why compare to a WRX ? Everybody uses it for a bench mark how come, because it;s make a name for itself and people like to challenge the idea, sure good on ya, lots of cars will beat it, but when comparing apples to oranges civics to wrx, no chance, a turboed civic maybe, but still that defeats the purpose of N/A doesn't it......

enough said going to luch now :D

wlee2
02-12-2004, 10:09 AM
not to sound bias to honda's or anything but it had to be said. drive around in a civic that looks remotely strong or a integra Typr R and alot of people will challenge you. may it be a wrx or a nissan they love to pick on the honda. up till now i will never know why. its like giving candy to the baby then taking it away before it gets a chance. and when the baby bites back they complain? why do people always use the apples oranges comparison =P.. i see that alot =P. why not a banana and umm passionfruit =P

i have to agree a bit i dont really agree to posting up kill stories.. but if they didnt put them up i have nothing to read =P. but its human nature. we like to acknowledge that we have "better" someone else. its like malaysian parents. when they get all their kids together.. what do they talk about .. "my son got an A for mathematics". i dont know its just they like to be acknowledged . just so happend when it got to much it became what we call "bragging" everyone does it.

may it be a WRX owener or Honda Owner. or Nissan *shudders*....owner.

*puts on flame suit*

ok im ready =P.. bring it on =P.

Catcha
02-12-2004, 12:22 PM
not to sound bias to honda's or anything but it had to be said. drive around in a civic that looks remotely strong or a integra Typr R and alot of people will challenge you. may it be a wrx or a nissan they love to pick on the honda. up till now i will never know why. its like giving candy to the baby then taking it away before it gets a chance. and when the baby bites back they complain? why do people always use the apples oranges comparison =P.. i see that alot =P. why not a banana and umm passionfruit =P

i have to agree a bit i dont really agree to posting up kill stories.. but if they didnt put them up i have nothing to read =P. but its human nature. we like to acknowledge that we have "better" someone else. its like malaysian parents. when they get all their kids together.. what do they talk about .. "my son got an A for mathematics". i dont know its just they like to be acknowledged . just so happend when it got to much it became what we call "bragging" everyone does it.

may it be a WRX owener or Honda Owner. or Nissan *shudders*....owner.

*puts on flame suit*

ok im ready =P.. bring it on =P.I don't mind kill stories either...but lets say example a WRX VS GTR. I know who would win already stock for stock, and even if the WRX had Exhaust and CAi it would still not keep up, only with a turbo upgrade. But we don't get these sort of raving on cause we know that WRX can't beat a GTR and only thing comparsion is an Sti and even then stock for stock STI will still lose. Simple fact we live with it and respect it. GTS and those is another story.Something that is believable yeah, i bet a stock excel could keep up with a type R till second and then it will leave it for dead, then the excel owner will start bragging. and it goes on and on.

plus his civic was modds against a stock rex i assume ? shed some more light on the story, or an acual fact he can't launch.......?
give us some times on you civic, that will determine how fast you car is and your reaction time...racing on the street means nothing cause neither is prepared till the last minute...a time slip would be great

Weq
02-12-2004, 05:26 PM
Damn this thread is dragging on. i wish my car was able atm, cause its 20% stronger then when i killed that rex. Whats so hard to beleive??? DO u think i am misguided or exaggerating Catchya?

Catcha
02-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Damn this thread is dragging on. i wish my car was able atm, cause its 20% stronger then when i killed that rex. Whats so hard to beleive??? DO u think i am misguided or exaggerating Catchya?killing a stock rex is not what i call an achivement considering the mods you have on your car......
Nah i believe you now when someone highlight the assume mods that you have,nothing wrong with that......
Great to see civic's turbos on the streets, not many people do them and like the other CRX on these forums that is turboed you must have spent heaps on it.
:D

Weq
03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
killing a stock rex is not what i call an achivement considering the mods you have on your car......
Nah i believe you now when someone highlight the assume mods that you have,nothing wrong with that......
Great to see civic's turbos on the streets, not many people do them and like the other CRX on these forums that is turboed you must have spent heaps on it.
:D
wrong again. also ive never beaten a modded wrx cause ive never raced one i spose.. that was my first and last kill unfortunaly.

CRX-Ando
03-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I'll refrain from scrutinizing all the aforementioned posts...as I have made it known, these "kill" threads merely propose minor substance in my eyes...I don't feel the inclination to prove anything on our roads...I know what my boosted CRX is capable of...we have enough morons out there whom perceive their weapon is above all else...your innocent little traffic-light grand-prix or highway antics may prove in jest for now but who knows if one fine day someone provokes you to the extent you feel the need to take it further...do what you have to do to gain confidence or prove your apparent worth but realise the consequences which may surface & arise through your actions on the roads we share with others...

Mugen boy
03-12-2004, 10:28 PM
This Post Has Been Goin For Ages, I Would Just Like To Say Congrats To Weq,score 1 For The Turbo Hondas, Lately I Have Just Been Playin With Slightly Moded R33 And V8 , But You Gotta Love The Look On There Face As You Boost Past Them