PDA

View Full Version : New Idea For More Power

kimo
20-03-2006, 07:45 PM
My friend told me a way to improve power is to put a resistance on the sensor so that the ECU "thinks" it is too cold and dumps more fuel, so you will have more power. In my old BMW I used to take the sensor off when I race and that gave more fuel and more power. Can this be done in our car.
You can switch of the resistance with a switch on the dashboard, so use it only when you race.

kentris
20-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Sounds like it is the same as those things you can buy off ebay.

saxman
20-03-2006, 10:03 PM
doesn't help... having colder air in the engine will make more power, because there is more air and fuel to combust, however, tricking the sensor to think the air is colder even though it isn't just means an unneeded dump of fuel, which is just going to reduce power and increase fuel consumption.

bennjamin
20-03-2006, 10:10 PM
more fuel and nothing else dosent = more power.
Just more fuel wasted....

MiSloVic
21-03-2006, 08:17 AM
My friend told me a way to improve power is to put a resistance on the sensor so that the ECU "thinks" it is too cold and dumps more fuel, so you will have more power. In my old BMW I used to take the sensor off when I race and that gave more fuel and more power. Can this be done in our car.
You can switch of the resistance with a switch on the dashboard, so use it only when you race.

actually, on the contrary, if u were to trick the ecu into thinking that it is cold, the ecu is actually going to dump LESS fuel into the engine.
in hot weather, ecu dumps more fuel into the engine to cool it..