PDA

View Full Version : Fickle Minded..

EuroAccord13
20-04-2004, 05:54 AM
Problem : I've cancelled my VAFCii order in anticipation of the "supposingdly" new VAFC with ITC control... Price wise I don't know.

Now I think I can't wait anymore..

Should I wait for the new one or just get the VAFCii???

Me trying to get the car done as much as possible before the drags next month..

CHEERS
Nick

wynode
20-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Wait.....or you might thinkg "What if?" later on ;)

VTEC16
20-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Problem : I've cancelled my VAFCii order in anticipation of the "supposingdly" new VAFC with ITC control... Price wise I don't know.

Now I think I can't wait anymore..

Should I wait for the new one or just get the VAFCii???

Me trying to get the car done as much as possible before the drags next month..

CHEERS
Nick

ITC ? Integrated Timing Control? (guess)

yfin
20-04-2004, 09:45 PM
I also think you should wait...

But...

* how important is the $650 to you?
* what about buying a second hand one? Then when the new one comes out you can sell the old VAFC II. You could probably find a second hand one for $500 - try Firesport.com

Don't worry about the drags. You will not really see the full potential of your car anyway (with the low kms you have on the odo).

yfin

VTEC16
20-04-2004, 09:58 PM
WHAT IS ITC???

yfin
20-04-2004, 10:20 PM
I think it has something to do with the "I" part in relation to I-VTEC motors. It is a VAFC that is specifically designed for the newer I-VTEC motors.

What it can control apart from the Vtec engagement point at 6000rpm I don't know. My crude understanding of Euro motors is that the Vtec engagement has 3 progressive cam lobes. The 1st is at ?rpm, 2nd is at 4000rpm or so, the 3rd is at 6000rpm.

Maybe this new VAFC can controll all 3 lobes? I know jack s*** about Euro motors apart from what I read :) - I got some of this info from

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=880&highlight=lobe

yfin

EuroAccord13
21-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Opps my bad, I mean to say, VTC not ITC.. VTC is the new addition to the VTEC system in the engine which has a variable valve opening overlap mechanism.

The reason I'm asking this question is that I wonder if the new VAFC with VTC control will provide any more increase in HP for the extra few hundred (Possibly) over say, paying 600 for the VAFCii. If the gains are negligible, I would rather go for the VAFCii instead. Rumours I've heard that the new VAFC for i-VTEC will retail well in the 800 dollar mark...

Anyway.. I've cancelled my delivery of the VAFCii now, still deciding on the new i-VTEC VAFC.. hopefully I can come to a decision soon... real soon..

Thanks all

CHEERS
Nick

Jus-10
22-04-2004, 08:55 AM
I thought that the V-AFC II was compatible with all i-VTEC engines anyway?

As far as I am aware, and from what I have read, the V-AFC II already does this? Just go to google, punch in "v-afc" and "vtc" and see what comes up. They all talk about the V-AFC II having VTC control. Here's a quick write up from racinglab.com:

"New version II of Apexi VTEC air flow converter using a slim panel body with a single button operation. It can be installed in a variety of vehicles with VTEC, i-VTEC engines, it also is applicable from sport wagons to sports car with VETC technology. It can monitor in real time data VTC valve timing mechanism of i-VTEC where it indicates cam phase angle, and conveyed to the driver with the display screen."

Is that what you are talking about?

A'pexi also have the ITC (Ignition Timing Control) module which is a seperate unit and sells for around $600 out here I think....

You got me excited when you said it was going to have ITC, but alas that is not true....

VTEC16
22-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Thats what i had read too.....but thought you were talking about something new'er!!

Jus-10
22-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Here is a link to a PDF document on the operating/setting up instructions of the V-AFC II. It is actually pretty good:

http://tuning.japancar.ru/instr/apexi/electronics_vafcII.pdf

Hope that helps you out a bit.

J