PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy wheels

da_doc
21-03-2006, 10:11 AM
hi dose anyone know a good place to buy wheels in sydney,
like good wheels for a pretty cheap price.

Zdster
21-03-2006, 10:26 AM
When you say "good wheel for a cheap price" you usually get what you pay for.

I would start at Bob Jane and places like that. They sell a number of reasonable wheels such as ROH and ANZ. They will be on the more reasonable side of price and quality.

Stepping up from there you can look at some of the Japanese wheel companies (ie Volk, Work, Enkei etc). These will be much more expensive - however the quality is amazing. For wheels like that try some of the forum vendors. I am not sure if you have Donnellans up in Sydney, but they are a good supplier of both Japanese and Australian wheels.

The best place to start is finding a set of wheels/style that you like. Most wheels that are produced have been copied (at least in basic style) by some of the more moderately priced wheel companies - so if you dont want to spend a large amount on the original brand you should be able to get a reasonably priced replica.

For cheaper wheels try Big O (at least I have heard people on here talk about them) - we dont have them in Melbourne.

Hope that helps.

simbadda54
21-03-2006, 10:29 AM
try tempe tyres. they always have good deals happening.

incoming
21-03-2006, 10:38 AM
yeah Big O is pretty good
they even got 2nd hand rims

they located in moorebank next to jetspeed

baby_c
21-03-2006, 11:09 AM
tempe is pritty good... my mate got a deal there a few weeks ago.. and for like 1200 he got rims...spacers....nuts....his guards lipped... his old rims wrapped up and put in his car for him....seat covers and a BIG STICKER lol =)

da_doc
21-03-2006, 11:12 AM
tempe is pritty good... my mate got a deal there a few weeks ago.. and for like 1200 he got rims...spacers....nuts....his guards lipped... his old rims wrapped up and put in his car for him....seat covers and a BIG STICKER lol =)

sweet deal,
thanks guys..

baby_c
21-03-2006, 11:16 AM
ahhahaha no worries mate... but maybe it was 1250..... lol between 1200 and 1250 !!

simbadda54
22-03-2006, 11:10 AM
yea i got my rim wheel package from there for 1300. Btw baby_c, u happen to drive the blue coupe on airbags which is featured on the cover of max bass 2?

simbadda54
22-03-2006, 11:10 AM
soz nvm realised u had an ek4 not em1