PDA

View Full Version : Civic struggling to start

all_motor_baby
21-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey guys whats up, just wanted to ask how do you know when your battery is just about to die, I’ve been told many ways like turning on you head lights and free revving your car, and if the lights on your dash or you head lights flicker then that’s one sign. Or when you turn the ignition it just does nothing or makes noises as if it wants to but wont.
Atm my car is not getting started like it did before, could this be my battery. When I started the car up in the morning it struggled but got there on the second try and then everything was back to normal again I could drive fine and listen to the radio, all normal, but when I tried to start it up again 3-4hrs later it happened again, it sounded like I had no more juice but the battery light didn’t come up.
Could this be a mechanical? Can anyone help tell what the problem is, am I just over reacting.

:honda: PRIDE

thnx
Jace

bennjamin
22-03-2006, 12:00 AM
if its taking longer to start its prob the battery is on the way out.

SiReal
22-03-2006, 08:32 AM
yep usually the car wont start at all. happened to the corona at home just last night. took the batt out, charged it up, put it back it and it was fine.

Then just this morning it was cactus again. So i think thats the point of having to buy a brand new battery.

froggy
22-03-2006, 09:27 AM
when im low on petrol my civic takes longer to start theres a big diff when the petrols lower

Limbo
22-03-2006, 03:25 PM
battery tester/charge is about $20 that's the best way to test.
Also last time i went to KMart Auto they tested it for me for free.

Ended up being the alternator and not the battery.

Get the battery tested cos it could be something different

MR_PEA
23-03-2006, 01:41 AM
goto an autoelec and get em to test it for ya...

EG5[KRT]
23-03-2006, 07:39 AM
check the level of acid in the battery if its a non maint free battery

then use a volt meter to check the volts in the battery should b around 12 - 13v

then turn on ur car and run it and c if the volts are above 14v that means ur alternator is working

then worse comes to worse and u dont have ne of those stuff just go to kmart.they will do it for free.

all_motor_baby
23-03-2006, 08:20 AM
thnx for info fellaz, it was actualy the battery. everythings running fine now

thnx Jace