PDA

View Full Version : High Rolling Idle

kyle
22-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey All.

Just completed a B16a4 conversion into my EJ8 and am having some idling problems. When the car is moving and it is in neutral or the clutch is in, it will idle around 2300 - 2500 Rpm. It is not until the car comes to a complete halt that the revs will drop to a more resonable 1100Rpm. I am well aware that honda's have a cold, warm and rolling idle speeds but this is way too high. Any Ideas Gents?

Also where abouts on a B16a2/4 is the coolent bleed bolt. Ive looked everwhere and cant find it for the life of me.

Cheers :D KB

Nightrider
22-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Also where abouts on a B16a2/4 is the coolent bleed bolt. Ive looked everwhere and cant find it for the life of me.
Cheers :D KB

Kyle its on the front of block to the left hand, side smallish non descript bolt.

Slow96GSR
22-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Mine did that too, check all the obvious things, timing, vac leaks, all the sensors pluged in etc. It took mine a little time but then one day it stopped doing it.

kyle
22-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I have tried all the 'obvious' things... obviously ^_^
Cheers anyway.

shmivic
23-03-2006, 11:52 AM
follow the rad hose to near the thermostat just above it ul see the 12mm bleed nipple, crack it open when the temp is hot so the thermostat is open.

also check the fitv under the t.b if urs has it, on the inside of it there is a white plastic body that can be wound in or out try winding this,

another thing to check, unplug the iacv loom on the back of the plenum, remove ecu backup fuse and adjust idle speed screw to desired idle, then switch off car, re-connect loom and fuse then re start car.

if none of this works remove the idle speed screw on the t.b on check the o-ring, if it looks worn out then replace it. new o-rings cost about 80c from transeals for a packet