PDA

View Full Version : Importing front cuts.

SIKCVC
20-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey whats the chances of someone importing a front cut for themself... like could i source one and import it on my own.

CAT_SPEW
20-04-2004, 05:41 PM
Well unless you knew someone in Japan (or wherever you want it from) then you would probably have to go over their yourself and buy one and stick it on a ship back home..
Better off going through a respected company IMHO

SIKCVC
20-04-2004, 05:49 PM
hahaha try finding an engine :p

You got the last b16a for the next 6 weeks... not only that but they have completly jacked the price on the next one 3K + shipping to melb, for a CONVERSION i'm sick of that word I wont a front cut for the spare parts as well... 3K is WAY too much... considering a year ago you'd be a fool to pay more than $2500 for the BEST civic front cut in melbourne...

Its getting to the point (AGAIN) where i'd rather a GSR than put up with this Bullshit. Wish i had have baught one last year... but i was too poor :P

Theres like 3-4 b18c Type Rs in the country too but i dont have the $7K they want for the cheapest one.

Even the b18c vtiR is fair expencive, but not too bad at 3.5K... meh this is getting too much... Stop buying engines people. buy turbos...

b16a_integra
20-04-2004, 06:02 PM
hahaha try finding an engine

it aint that hard if you know people. if you want bad, im willing to sell my b16a half cut complete for $2200, if your interested, youll just have to come pick it up with a trailer. PM me if your interested.

b16a_integra
20-04-2004, 06:07 PM
but it aint worth just bringing in a half cut. not unless you plan on filling up a whole container. no point just bringing one in on a pallet, too risky i reckon. my frined just got jibbed on 13k of parts for his supra. they came in on pallets but there was no parts on the pallets.

SIKCVC
20-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah similar shit happened to my dad 30 years ago when he braught his E-Type over from pommy land. shame it still goes on. And yeah I REALLY want a b16a but it needs to be from a vehicle newer than 91.. preferably the JDM EG6 SiR 170hp engine. Hydro clutch version basicly.

Thanks

Nick

CAT_SPEW
20-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Don't give up hope man, I have been looking for over a year now and have finnaly almost got one sitting in my backyard. Just ring around to every shop you know of, ask them if you can put a deposit on the next one they get etc.
Then ring back every two weeks to check in with them all. That's really all you can do.

Or buy B16A_integra's one :P..

O, and the EG6 is pretty rare from my experience.. The yanks seem to pick them all up and leave us with the leftovers. Mine is a EG9. (Ferio)

SIKCVC
20-04-2004, 07:27 PM
I've tried nearly everyone in australia that advertises openly. and I need help getting in contact with those that dont.

So far I've tried:
SSS
Just Jap
Rollin Imports
Some place in WA
and some place in SA

not to mention every import wreckers in melbourne... now I am aware that there are b16a's at some of these places but they are either too much ($3000+) or not suited to my car(ef, tegs, etc)

If you have the contacts of any other import wreckers from your state please post up coz I'm really get desperate

Thanks again

Nick

[[d a n n y]]
20-04-2004, 07:30 PM
hahah

mines a EG6 muhahahaha :P

b16a_integra
20-04-2004, 07:33 PM
EG6 is pretty rare from my experience..

very true, there dollar is worth more, they pay about the same as us for a half cut but in US dollars.

SIKCVC
20-04-2004, 07:37 PM
They never used to be though whcih is whats so anoying that i never took that oportunity at the time... and recently talked out of buying one which wasn't so bad... rang them up today... he's taken the loom off it and put the price up. Things arn't adding up anymore...

LatinoHatchCrap
20-04-2004, 08:00 PM
you should talk to the sellers on this board *hint hint*

CAT_SPEW
20-04-2004, 08:16 PM
I've tried nearly everyone in australia that advertises openly. and I need help getting in contact with those that dont.

So far I've tried:
SSS
Just Jap
Rollin Imports
Some place in WA
and some place in SA

not to mention every import wreckers in melbourne... now I am aware that there are b16a's at some of these places but they are either too much ($3000+) or not suited to my car(ef, tegs, etc)

If you have the contacts of any other import wreckers from your state please post up coz I'm really get desperate

Thanks again

Nick

Lol Danny, you got lucky@! :P

I'llsee what numbers I can get off my dad for you SIKCVC, most of them are up here in Brissy but.

[[d a n n y]]
20-04-2004, 08:17 PM
well when i bought it they were loading off 3 EG6 cuts all sub 90k's

so guess i got it when they were starting to get rare

crx2gen
21-04-2004, 01:05 AM
What about a cable to hydro conversion? I mean if you can find an EF for the right price, tinkerbells for $2k for example...how much is the kit?

SIKCVC
21-04-2004, 02:00 AM
I know of 3-4 in the country that are going for $2000-$2500 for a front cut... and i've been offered (above) the one out of a teg. How hard is the conversion? coz i dont want to lose my hydro clutch...

SIKCVC
21-04-2004, 02:02 AM
if its looking to costly i might go for the local b16a thats near me(just a bit more than i wanted to spend... well a lot more)

Setanta
21-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Get an EF9 front cut - I'm sure that there is an EF9 owner somewhere that might pay for all the nice ancilleries and panels that come with it for the right price which would reduce your costs ;)

SIKCVC
21-04-2004, 11:13 PM
nah the EF9 is too old to avoid engerneers i need a new or same age engine as my own.

[[d a n n y]]
22-04-2004, 08:04 AM
same year or younger...than ur car

for example

mine is a 91 model they wouldnt engineer if my car had a 90 EF SIR engine...

only a 92 + will b acceptable

s2k
23-04-2004, 11:54 PM
how much you looking to spend?
can get integra type r dc2r for arounf $7k
low km front cut