PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Rim

Munchkin
23-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi,

I have just noticed that one of my rims has a crack through one of the spokes. Was wondering if anyone knows if this can be repaired or if I will have to buy another rim?

It's a fairly large crack & seems to have cracked the whole way through the spoke so am guessing I probably shouldn't be driving my car at the moment! :-(

My car is 2000 DC2 Type R completely stock.

I have a few pics of it but not sure how to put them up here :-(

Zdster
23-03-2006, 08:23 PM
As far as I understand my state laws (in Victoria) it is actually illegal to repair a cracked rim. There are people who do fix rims so I would try taking it to them first for a professional opinion. My guess however would be to start looking for a new rim.

You can try a local wrecker as they might have something in stock - or be able to get you one. Alternatively you could try Honda, but expect to pay a fair amount for it.

mugeneration
23-03-2006, 09:16 PM
refer to the thread in this very part of the forum on posting pictures.

Anyway dude, if its a major crack which goes all the way thru then thats bad. Go and get it checked out by a mechanic or an engineer. If its a stock rim maybe you could pick one up from a wrecker sumwhere.

ian
24-03-2006, 06:03 AM
cracked rims are unsafe - time to replace that rim asap or get a new set.

all the best............

Munchkin
24-03-2006, 07:01 AM
cracked rims are unsafe - time to replace that rim asap or get a new set.

all the best............

Mmmm that's what I thought.. :-(

Will have to chuck the space saver on until I find a new rim.. Hope I don't have to buy a whole new set!

Ok got pic up of rim..

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/mgoyen/IMGP0239.jpg