PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Relativley stock Da9 ready for track work.

gumbs
23-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm looking at getting my car ready to do a few track days/motokarnas. I'm not really concerned about going nay faster atm but I want to make sure the cars going to be safe and not do any major damage to it.

Things I'm doing so far.
New radiator. My car has a jap spec Da7 radiator in it which strugles abit when I'm driving hard ont he street so I don't want to try it on the track. Any suggestions on a replacement?

New brake fuild I wanna upgrade for dot 4 to dot 5
New pads I've still got stock brakes but what pads would be best for track work I was thinking green stuff but I've heard there are better brands for less money.

Anything else I should be thinking of?

ACTI0NMAN-1
23-03-2006, 11:05 PM
upgraded brake lines, new radiator hoses and fluid lines. maybe some new bushings as your old ones would be cracking by now considering the age of the car.
Also do a full oil/fluid change, eng/trans/brake.
On the track day, be sure to take extra eng oil to topup after the days tracking.

sivic
23-03-2006, 11:05 PM
green stuff aren't anygood for track. they're purely for street. designed for cold, one off hard braking, not for repeated braking. they heat up too much.
ferodo formula are meant to be pretty good or race brake rb74.
braided lines would be good as well. even some slotted rotors. dont go cross drilled though as they dont have enough material to hold heat and cause hot spots which leads to cracking.
as far as the radiator goes, take note of the hose connection points on the radiator relative to the chassis. then look for a larger radiator with very similar hose connection and custom mount it.
or check some radiator places like natrad or adrad and they may have some dual core or race specific cores to suit the DA