PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline swaybar..hw many mm?

vteccoupe
24-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi guys..ordered some whiteline adjustable swaybars.just to check with u guys..hw many mm swaybar did u guys get?its for a dc2 vtir with koni yellows and kings springs.. I called up cypher industries and they said 22mm is too thick a rear swaybar and might b dangerous whn doing fast corners as e rear might slide out,they told me 20mm shld b alright.but anyway i ordered e 22mm adjustable and able to adjust it to mayb 18mm or 20mm.so hw thick a rear swaybar is every1 using?

T-onedc2
24-03-2006, 10:00 PM
JDM 96 ITR used 22mm rear, 98 ITR 23mm, AUDM 22mm, Stock VTiR 14mm. I'm upgrading to ITR 23mm with 24mm front. You will need to install a rear "subframe reinforcement kit" to prevent the possibility of the stiffer bar tearing out the bolt holes. I have the bars on the way and a Beaks kit plus tie bar on the way from the US through JDMYard.
It won't make the car dangerous to drive, but an increased tendency for "lift-off oversteer" mid corner will be something to be careful of, simply because more weight is transfered to the front with the thicker rear bar.
For more info on these kits etc use search, plenty of info there.:thumbsup:

egSi
24-03-2006, 10:39 PM
pfft! i got 22mm on my near stock eg and i have tracked it and i didnt slide anywhere and i have same sussy and was on OEM del sol 14s.

id go biggest possible man!! :thumbsup:

vteccoupe
24-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks 4 ur reply.hw much does e reinforcement kit cost?

man.exe
24-03-2006, 11:58 PM
YOu have to do something silly to slip it out during mid corner. It just means you need to be a better driver. I could slip out the rear even when I had the 14mm bar.

I've got adjustable 22mm here on max strongest setting and if I could I would've gone for bigger.

Reinforcement kit should come with the swaybar if its from WL.

CTR Coupe
25-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Only way your really going to cook it is if you come in too hot, panic and lift off the accelerator mid corner then you might run into some trouble. I’m running standard 22mm front and 22mm whitline adjustable rear (low setting) and I’ve yet to have any trouble with it and the setup feels stable.

T-onedc2
25-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks 4 ur reply.hw much does e reinforcement kit cost?
PM sent