PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on how to mod my Vti-S

v770
24-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Ive got 2003 VTi-s Jazz model. Just wondering if anyone knows how to mod the following:

Changing the colour of the Shift knob (automatic)
http://www.studiom2.jp/fitworld/ click on custom and the shift nov

Is it hard to change the colour of the interior lights to blue? (the light just under the Airconditioning area)

Whats the largest wheels the Jazz can fit? I went to bob jane the other day and they said maz 16". 17" s might touch the body.

Is it any different to other cars installing a new head unit for my jazz?
As you know, the 2003 models jazz Stock HU are sorta like embedded. Although i have seen many jazzes around with custom HU's.

v770
24-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Just one last thing. Can the steering on the jazz be loosen even more? as in give it more power steering?

sassy_fit_vtit
24-03-2006, 10:23 PM
i think there is a thread about changing the lights where the aircon controls are well the ones under which light up the cup holder area.

17" is largest legal.

yesh, if u have an indash headunit.. HU whats what?

dood the steering wheel is loose enough as it is.

Turbo charge it!!!... lyk me!..

magii
24-03-2006, 11:19 PM
yea most of your questions are answered in previous threads, try a search :thumbsup:

the lights in the interior shouldnt be too hard to change, you just need blue led lightbuls.

as for wheel sizes i dont think you would want to get anything bigger then 17s, 17s will fit fine if you dont lower the car. But if you do there might be some small problems

NvM
24-03-2006, 11:25 PM
zomg u need the steering wheel lighter :S 17 inch doesnt scrape unless u have ppl in ur car & u fully lock the steering round a corner...

& if u want a custom head unit u have to buy a new face, go onto www.ausjazz.org & click on for sale & find a post called "Genuine Honda Jazz Jazz Audio Double DIN and brackets" thats what u need for a aftermarket HU... & http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39296 or u can just buy a LED light, i think this is what u are refering to...

there isnt any problem if u lower ur car on 17's as long as u dont go ultra bling bling low...

^CarBoy^
24-03-2006, 11:57 PM
v770: there is heaps you can do to a Jazz. Remember there is alot of accessories available for honda cars. you just have to know where to look. Buddyclub has alot of specials on now...

v770
25-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Is replacing the led hard? Im pretty much a newbie with cars. I saw the idea from the other thread of opening up the cabin below the aircon and stick blue plastic in it to give it a blue light affect. I could understand how to do that but what about the led replacement? Just replace the orangey red led inside the cabin with a blue led? Is there a specific size of blue led i need? or any will do?

How much will it cost roughly to install new 17"s wheel + tyre for my jazz?

asiansquad
25-03-2006, 05:20 PM
it depends on what brand rims and tyres u want

v770
25-03-2006, 08:39 PM
I really dont know which brands are good and which type is good for what....

Any advice? not really keen to spend so much for the top of the range. Just average pricing quality ones??

^CarBoy^
25-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I really dont know which brands are good and which type is good for what....

Any advice? not really keen to spend so much for the top of the range. Just average pricing quality ones??

If you are on a budget try visiting BIG O Tyres at Moorebank or OZZY TYRES at Hoxton Park near Liverpool. They have good prices for rims and tyre packages.

I suggest to you save a bit more and buy original Japanese rims. Rays Engineering, Buddyclub, 5Zigen, etc etc. Buddyclub rims are cheap at JDMYARD at the moment... Visit the Traders section of this forum to see the varietys.

Have a look at JDM CONCEPTS aswell in the Traders section. I bought alot of my Jazz stuff from JDM CONCEPTS and JDMYARD... They helped me alot...

ahcash
25-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Yeah . get some buddyclub wheels (http://www.ausjazz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=409).. they are nice!!!!

NvM
25-03-2006, 11:49 PM
dont bother getting the cheap 17's, cause your performance would suffer even more due to the fact they are heavier & thus take more power to get it moving & dont forget jazz's GENERALLY dont have much power :(

edy_l
28-03-2006, 03:31 PM
what about ROTA? are they good? they are from the philipines i think ..

SiReal
28-03-2006, 03:56 PM
i think this belongs in the n00b forum

EK9_boi
29-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Try this link:

http://www.fitfreak.net

This would sort you out - unfortunately you'll need to do the rego process but it's got LOADS of info on anything you'd want to do to a Fit! I was researching for a Fit at some stage in my distant past! ;)

cheers