PDA

View Full Version : No Rear Seats Legal

|N|
26-03-2006, 08:41 AM
jst wondering .. i have a sedan ... if i take out my rear seats .. m i going to get myself in trouble?
:eek:

2MPRSS
26-03-2006, 08:55 AM
yeh u could get ur self in trouble,when i had my rear seats out for like 6 months i had no problem with the cops eventhough i was pulled over a few times and they had a peek with their flash light from the outside

incoming
26-03-2006, 09:03 AM
yeh nick i think its against the law to do so..

unless u have it engineered

Zdster
26-03-2006, 09:22 AM
yeh nick i think its against the law to do so..

unless u have it engineered

Yep, you need to have it re-engineered to be a two seater.

|N|
26-03-2006, 09:29 AM
aiya.... cut la... so i cant really drive arounbd without my rear in

zorrt
26-03-2006, 09:40 AM
why is that? Does it add to the stability of the car or something?

Chi
26-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Nicoles a fat bitch, needs to lose weight.

r`Geno
26-03-2006, 10:09 AM
why is that? Does it add to the stability of the car or something?

I believe it is due to 'bare exposed metal' and the possibility of more serious injuries in the event of an accident.

Similar to having anti-roll bars without padding - bare metal to bump your head / limbs.

|N|
26-03-2006, 10:15 AM
so does that mean if i put in some sort of thin padding i ll be fine?

Chi
26-03-2006, 10:17 AM
No nick, if its not engineered then its illegal.

But up to you if you want to take the risk.

If you drive normally (which i doubt) and dont get pulled over and checked for it

Should be ok.

I drove around without rear seats for a few months.

zorrt
26-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Well I'm pretty sure in the case of an accident and u happen to get flown all the way to the back your pretty already dead.

BrianC
26-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Ive taken my rear seats out before in my previous car. Makes a noticable difference, the cars alot lighter :thumbsup: But i put em back coz it looked ridiculous, and people could else right in through the rear window into the car. I didnt realise it was illegal tho :confused:

z3lda
26-03-2006, 11:55 AM
when takin out rear seats in a 2door car, cops wont care.
In a 4door however, its different.

fly_vti
26-03-2006, 12:09 PM
i got defected for not having a spare tyre in the city, so i think no seats is a defect too..

bennjamin
26-03-2006, 01:11 PM
i got defected for not having a spare tyre in the city, so i think no seats is a defect too..

ANYTHING not stock is a "defect". Its up to the police persons discretion at the time to decide what is and what isnt stock though.
So , take the risk Nick. Ive done it for almost 1 year at a time and nothing happened - at the end a cop gave a little warning (at a RBT) so i decided to chuck em back in.

turtleEK1
26-03-2006, 06:53 PM
but u'd be running on some defect material already wouldn't ya nick? like coilovers and that? i've had my interior out for a while now, i guess just don't make your car stand out in a crowd and u COULD get away with it! drive like a granny and don't go racing others on street... not like anyone here does that tho... :zip:

|N|
26-03-2006, 08:13 PM
guess i ll be driving like a granny now

but u'd be running on some defect material already wouldn't ya nick? like coilovers and that? i've had my interior out for a while now, i guess just don't make your car stand out in a crowd and u COULD get away with it! drive like a granny and don't go racing others on street... not like anyone here does that tho... :zip:

Steer^Gimic
26-03-2006, 08:19 PM
you do not need an engineer's certificate if you remove your seats.

as long as ALL components have been removed, meaning, seats, anchorages, bolts, holes blocked up and absolutely no sharp edges, then your are fine.

next thing to do is to notify the RTA that your vehicle has changed from a four, to a two seater. they should just change the details.

the only time you will need engineers is if you decide to put them back in, which wont be hard because everything is already there.

corn_flakes
26-03-2006, 08:44 PM
if cops pull u over and ask where ur seat is, just tell them your little niece or nephew spewed in the back seat....and u took it out for cleaning... :D

turtleEK1
26-03-2006, 08:51 PM
if cops pull u over and ask where ur seat is, just tell them your little niece or nephew spewed in the back seat....and u took it out for cleaning... :D

lol... back seat... and door trimming, and rear parcel tray, and boot lining, and rear speakers, and sound deadening

sorry officer... i like to be thorough :thumbsup:

shadou
30-03-2006, 02:29 PM
oh crap i was plannin on moddin my interior to mak it 4 seater instead of 5 (chuck out the middle seat so useless *shakes head*), and chuck in sumthin for replacement.. meh i'll think of sumthin wen i get the money

TypeRice
13-09-2006, 03:36 AM
hey i took my passenger side front seat out b4..

it made da car very spacious.. hehehe but i neva got in trouble.. dont even know dat it was illegal??

heheheh

TypeRice
13-09-2006, 03:38 AM

hahaha man i gotta spare tyre back there.. BUT.. my wheels are 16" and the spare tyre is the stock 14" size.... hope da cops dont realise that if dey ever check me !!! hahahahahahaaa