PDA

View Full Version : anyone with a 06 civic with full bodykit and bass works sytem?

type-vtec
26-03-2006, 10:43 AM
if dere is anyoen with the kit and the system can u post some pics of it and the system. i want to see how it would look

BoneZeeŽ
26-03-2006, 12:21 PM
We got the Kit on ours but still waiting for the car to come in.:(

panda[cRx]
26-03-2006, 01:45 PM
saw one in the workshop on friday (i work at a dealership)
seems aiight, it's just bigger speakers with a bass controller isnt it?

we have a demo with the bass works system and a reversing camera, it's pretty farken nice.

there are already aftermarket kits available for the 06 civic (for info pm)

MKI4EVA
27-03-2006, 12:23 PM
if dere is anyoen with the kit and the system can u post some pics of it and the system. i want to see how it would look

Full kit with rear spoiler is around $2900.

Without rear spoiler is $2200.

The reverse sensor is $995.

Bass Works is around $570.

The reverse camera system is $1795.

so if you get the full kit plus bass works for a sports your looking around

$32K onroad + bass + kit = $35,470. prices based on parra trivett.

I'd definately recommend the reverse sensors at least.......if you have more money to burn then the rear camera system.

EK9_boi
27-03-2006, 02:32 PM

I'd definately recommend the reverse sensors at least.......if you have more money to burn then the rear camera system.

hehe, Honda Australia finally got some of the Japanese goodies huh?

That rear camera system is da BOMB! I saw it on the Honda Japan website - couldn't understand a word but MAN that rocks! ;) If you have the dough GET IT! go to http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automobiles/civic/movie/back-camera.html

Bass works...meh...go aftermarket I think, the missus would linch me atm, I'll be blessed if I can have the kit on it when I can finally buy the car...

cheers

MKI4EVA
27-03-2006, 03:33 PM
nice thanks for that.

hondarox
27-03-2006, 06:36 PM
hehe, Honda Australia finally got some of the Japanese goodies huh?

That rear camera system is da BOMB! I saw it on the Honda Japan website - couldn't understand a word but MAN that rocks! ;) If you have the dough GET IT! go to http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automobiles/civic/movie/back-camera.html

Bass works...meh...go aftermarket I think, the missus would linch me atm, I'll be blessed if I can have the kit on it when I can finally buy the car...

cheers

The reverse sensors price is a rip off. You can get a 4-sensor aftermarket fully fitted for less than half price almost anywhere in Melb.

EK9_boi
28-03-2006, 08:44 AM
The reverse sensors price is a rip off. You can get a 4-sensor aftermarket fully fitted for less than half price almost anywhere in Melb.

Agreed, the reverse sensors are a rip off, but I wasn't talking about them :p I was referring to the rear camera system - which seems to be to be far more superior compared with the sensors cos in a previous car of mine the (OEM) sensors beep for nothing sometimes... :confused: maybe it's just my car...

cheers

type-vtec
28-03-2006, 09:59 AM
ye, my reversing sensors are like dat too, but i think it is due to the heat or something, honda replaced a whole new system in it and it sitll beeps for no reason at times.

type-vtec
28-03-2006, 10:01 AM
but shouldnt the camera system come with a screen, and where would they put the screen in the civic anyway or is it integrated soemwhere.

EK9_boi
28-03-2006, 10:16 AM
but shouldnt the camera system come with a screen, and where would they put the screen in the civic anyway or is it integrated soemwhere.

check out my link up a few posts - your answer is very near! ;) or back up a page :

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/automobiles/civic/safety/index.html

cheers!

gmanz
28-03-2006, 10:25 PM
take a look at this VTi

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.dealer_new_vehicle?vehicle_id=2935661&current_rec=7&make_id=19&model_id=74&search_distance=25

type-vtec
29-03-2006, 06:29 AM
so the screen is not sat nav..?

EK9_boi
29-03-2006, 07:12 AM
so the screen is not sat nav..?

In Japan you can option it as sat. nav - it's called a "navi" there - quite a popular option given the densely built cities!

http://www.honda.co.jp/navigation/civic/index.html

Pretty savvy navi! ;)

Not sure in Australia whether you can get it as the navi...possibly - the option is available, just need to load Aussie maps onto it, in addition, it's offered as an option on the Euro Luxury! May be some dealers here can verify???

BTW, that VTi Rocks thanks for the link dude! :thumbsup:

cheers

EK9_boi
07-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Here's the VTi-L with Bodykit that has now been wiped from the carsales ad - now everyone can see it as before! ;)

Exterior shots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/4239907.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/4239913.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/4239916.jpg

Interior shots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/4239917.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/4239918.jpg

Argh....22 days to go! then I get my little green card back! :(

cheers

type-vtec
07-04-2006, 04:09 PM
oh damn, dats looks gud, are the wheels an option ?

jonathan
07-04-2006, 04:15 PM
looks very nice!!! how much does this set up cost?

EK9_boi
07-04-2006, 04:48 PM
oh damn, dats looks gud, are the wheels an option ?

No. They're a "get it yourself" item - suffice to say, I think that dealer just made a once off sale package exclusive - not an Official Honda deal. Hot kit though. 20" Chrome rims would make it look gangsta I think! (I'm not into it though! more into the tuner look!)

looks very nice!!! how much does this set up cost?

apparently, $2200 without spoiler, $2900 with spoiler (read up a few posts! ;) )

cheers

zoomzoom
09-04-2006, 01:00 PM
the body kit and wheels look awesome!

i checked with my dealer whether can i upgrade to a 17" wheel and he told me it'll void the suspension warranty... i then called their parts department to speak to their parts manager and he said it'll void the warranty if it's found that the 17" wheel is the one causing the problem.. wat the! :eek: doh! i don't see how from 15" to 17" would void the warranty. anyway sry for the whinge :D

MKI4EVA
20-04-2006, 07:18 PM
back locks awesome with mags......

I'm not 100% into the front.....very elongated.

OH! hey I forgot to tell you guys...

the sound system increases in volume as your speed increases and the window is down.........system tries to compensate for exterior noise.........

hahahah neat ha.

Tigger
20-04-2006, 09:11 PM
what size wheels are on that car? 17s or 18s?

JaCe
20-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Damnit I didn't know about the reverse parking camera... they didn't tell me about it when I ordered my car- although I don't think I need it; I seem to be able to park perfectly after driving for a month.

As for bass works.. can anyone tell me the details about it? I just found out how difficult it will be to install a subwoofer and so on, so I'm thinking of replacing the rear speakers with my own, but without using an amp (so there's no need for additional wiring)... judging by the pic, it looks as if Bass Works is just two better speakers with an external control unit (someone told me it was the 'crossover')? Any details?

Zilli
21-04-2006, 10:22 AM
dude why the HELL would you need a reverse camera in a car of that size... what a wank seriously

EK9_boi
21-04-2006, 12:19 PM
dude why the HELL would you need a reverse camera in a car of that size... what a wank seriously

It's for the missus who can't reverse park hehe (j/k) ;)

cheers

EuroBabee
21-04-2006, 12:38 PM

hey guys... i just got the civic sport abt 2-3 weeks ago and still waiting for it to come but... no way did the sport cost 35K.... their base pice with on roads was already 35K... so with all those other options is more like 40K or close to.

I personally didn't get the bass works or body kit, coz the bass work is a rip off i think, coz its not even a real system juss bigger speakers with bass controller, and the body kit, doesn't realli make that much of a difference to me (maybe coz i'm a girl.. but after market would look better)

the options i got are :
- rear spoiler
- rear sensors (they dun have the camera as an option in Aus)
- accent lights
and other small stuff like tints, mats, side door visors etc etc.

this already pushed it up to 38K!!!! >.<

EK9_boi
21-04-2006, 12:47 PM
hey guys... i just got the civic sport abt 2-3 weeks ago and still waiting for it to come but... no way did the sport cost 35K.... their base pice with on roads was already 35K... so with all those other options is more like 40K or close to.

the options i got are :
- rear spoiler
- rear sensors (they dun have the camera as an option in Aus)
- accent lights
and other small stuff like tints, mats, side door visors etc etc.

this already pushed it up to 38K!!!! >.<

You got the auto didn't you? the driveaway for that is $35k - Sorry to say but I think you got shafted with the options - should be able to bargain for less. Most dealers if they have a brain would almost certainly give you the car at cost if you pressure them hard enough. You've got to let them know that you are boss when negotiating the price. ;)

Anyway, what color did you get and could you please post some photos!!! :p

Cheers

EuroBabee
21-04-2006, 01:13 PM
You got the auto didn't you? the driveaway for that is $35k - Sorry to say but I think you got shafted with the options - should be able to bargain for less. Most dealers if they have a brain would almost certainly give you the car at cost if you pressure them hard enough. You've got to let them know that you are boss when negotiating the price. ;)

Anyway, what color did you get and could you please post some photos!!! :p

Cheers

OoOoOpPpss.. forgot abt the auto part!! LOL i know auto is for losers but my rents paid for half the car and it was like 10000000% "NO MANUAL" so yeah, but hey 'paddle shifts' !!! .. will post pics when i get it.. which will be in 2 weeks or less? not sure yet.

oh yeah and as for the deal.. i dunno i guess i got ripped a bit.. but i fink its ok, its coz the car is still new and has a high demand.. the dealers won't back down.. if the car had been out for longer it would be easier to haggle.. oh well wots done is done!

btw i got black with grey interior, alwyas wanted a black car.. finaly got one :D

although the 'silver moss' (the darker silver) was tempting coz it came with the nicer interior colour (blue and white... it looks better than it sounds)

EK9_boi
21-04-2006, 01:48 PM
OoOoOpPpss.. forgot abt the auto part!! LOL i know auto is for losers but my rents paid for half the car and it was like 10000000% "NO MANUAL" so yeah, but hey 'paddle shifts' !!! .. will post pics when i get it.. which will be in 2 weeks or less? not sure yet.

oh yeah and as for the deal.. i dunno i guess i got ripped a bit.. but i fink its ok, its coz the car is still new and has a high demand.. the dealers won't back down.. if the car had been out for longer it would be easier to haggle.. oh well wots done is done!

btw i got black with grey interior, alwyas wanted a black car.. finaly got one :D

although the 'silver moss' (the darker silver) was tempting coz it came with the nicer interior colour (blue and white... it looks better than it sounds)

Nah, autos ain't for losers - it's just personal preference - some jokers just like to impose on others that it is. I like manual but my gf can't drive one so I'll be glad to get an auto just because I love her.

Ilike black but I think I'll choose a white one, cos with black you know you'll be FOREVER cleaning your car! ;)

Silver moss isn't dark enough for me, and the blue really sucks - they need a darker blue (navy) and they also need a proper type R yellow of all the fanboys out there. :cool:

As for the deal, I think you could gave pressed for more - did you try any other dealers?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new car - I'll be looking foward to the photos when you post them.

cheers

EuroBabee
21-04-2006, 01:55 PM
hehehe i totally agree about the colours; the silver moss aint dark enough and the blue sux ass!!! they do need that dark bluey-grey colour (graphite) they have for the euro.

as for the dealers, only went to one (larke hoskins).. we bought our euro there before so they gave us freebies like paint and leather protection etc. but yeah rents dun have enough time to look around with me :P

nice to know u dun fink auto is for losers :D :D

EK9_boi
21-04-2006, 02:10 PM
hehehe i totally agree about the colours; the silver moss aint dark enough and the blue sux ass!!! they do need that dark bluey-grey colour (graphite) they have for the euro.

as for the dealers, only went to one (larke hoskins).. we bought our euro there before so they gave us freebies like paint and leather protection etc. but yeah rents dun have enough time to look around with me :P

nice to know u dun fink auto is for losers :D :D

Tell you what, I think Honda's reserving a few good colors for a Type R or Type S version - like they ALWAYS do for special editions of a model.

Paint protection and all that ain't worth it - just wash your car 1/wk and polish it 1/every 2 months and it'll all be good! ;) I'd rather they gave me the bodykit instead.

When I go to the dealer, I"ll be hammering the sales for the bodykit for less than $2k at least or else I may as well get teh Mugen one for about $2.4k painted!

As for the spoiler, I can see the Mugen wing on mine when I get it. I'll be building a "poser" - can't get too carried away now that I'm attached. :) If I were, I would get teh ITR (DC2) instead and hardcore tune it with my budget! ;)

cheers

JaCe
21-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I was thinking about the accent lights.. how much are they in Aus? I thought it looked kinda corny (no offence!) because I'd rather buy neon light things on the outside, but then that's not allowed... Maybe if I saw it in the flesh I would've liked it more than the picture the dealer showed me.

Btw, that's really nice of you EK9_boi to think of your gf when picking a car :) At least Honda makes great automatic transmissions!

EK9_boi
22-04-2006, 12:37 AM
I was thinking about the accent lights.. how much are they in Aus? I thought it looked kinda corny (no offence!) because I'd rather buy neon light things on the outside, but then that's not allowed... Maybe if I saw it in the flesh I would've liked it more than the picture the dealer showed me.

Btw, that's really nice of you EK9_boi to think of your gf when picking a car :) At least Honda makes great automatic transmissions!

Thanks JaCe, my gf's better than an angel! :D

cheers

Menthu Rae
22-04-2006, 01:38 AM
I like manual but my gf can't drive one so I'll be glad to get an auto just because I love her.

please don't flame me for this as i'm semi-joking... BUT... if you're *girlfriend* loved you then she'd learn manual :p then you'd have the best of both worlds! A gf that loves you annnnnd a manual car! :cool:

Maybe this kind of thinking style is why I'm still single :confused: :( hahaha

EuroBabee
22-04-2006, 01:06 PM

The lights cost me about $400-500, but i got it as a freebie :) i also thought the dealer picture looked corny but i cbf'd to buy neons and get them installed.. hehe i'm just lazy.... i'll post a picture of the lights when i get the car :D

*EK9_boi : hehehe i was also looking at the mugen kit... very niiiiiiiiiice*

JaCe
02-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Yep please do! I'm in a ... phase of regret from not getting those lights. After realising how hard it is to get them done (legally), I probably should've... but then at that price (assuming no negotiation), it seems a bit pricey.

EuroBabee
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
LOL sorry I took so long to check up on this forum agen.. been busy

aniwho, about those accent lights, they are pretty corny >.< LOL they are really low intensity, and they can only be turned on if ur headlights are on, which i dun have a rpoblem with since u can only see it in the dark. but yeah i'll try and get a good photo now.. the photos i have taken so far realli dun show anything LOL

yeehou
04-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Eurobabe, have you got your civic yet?

EuroBabee
04-06-2006, 11:53 AM
yep i have a few weeks ago .. :D i absolutely love it hehe.. been swamped with uni assessments the past few weeks .. haven't even had a chance to take it for a good drive >.<

lol i'm posting pics of the accent lights for JaCe and sum extras .. hehe

EuroBabee
04-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Okay finally got the pics uploaded

the accent lights
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/86alice/accentlightsnightshot.jpg

the actual LEDs
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/86alice/civicLEDs.jpg

civic sport front
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/86alice/civicsportfront.jpg

civic sport wheels
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/86alice/civic31.jpg

*LOL sorri if i took up too much space i tried my best to minismise*

JaCe
04-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Looks nice Eurobabe. I mean the car. ^^ I'm kinda glad I didn't get the accent lighting because for the price, it doesn't seem very noticable; but it still looks good and at least it's covered by the dealer warranty. I'm also glad I didn't get Bass Works- subwoofer > bass works.

Btw you really should update this!

EuroBabee
Newcomer

Car: Accord Euro
Trade Rating: (0)

Good luck with your uni assessments. Sigh. UNSW starts in two weeks time. How unthrilling. And Stuvac is only 4 days instead of 5!

EuroBabee
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Good luck with your uni assessments. Sigh. UNSW starts in two weeks time. How unthrilling. And Stuvac is only 4 days instead of 5!

thanx :D and gluck with ur exams too... >.< 4 day stuvac! LOL dats crappy .. i go to USYD our stuvac is the week after the coming week, but we get the full week.. keke

yeah the accent lights aren't reali worth the money but luckily i got it for free so i dun feel ripped off.. hehehe

i'm planning to buy those movable LEDs u can buy at supercheap auto and make it more brighter LOL

btw i read ur post about how u wanna rice ur civc.. HEHE if u find sum nice rear lights tell me about them coz i am also looking for sum rear lights.. i dun like the stock ones much.. too much red LOL, i'm trying to look for clear ones but have the black background.. kinda like the mazda sp23 lights, but in the civic shape.

JaCe
04-06-2006, 03:50 PM
YES! I want clear tail lights too! I don't wanna go the approach which some people take of getting tail lights which conceal the light- even if they look cool, I think I'd rather not reduce the amount of brake light visibility for the people behind me.

And, make sure to keep us updated on the LEDs and so on! I really want to have some kind of lighting (whether it be neon or LED) on my car!

EuroBabee
04-06-2006, 04:25 PM
hey JaCe.. i updated the picture of the LEDs above, i realised that i should have taken it with a night shot *DUH* LOL stupid me. aniwho they look and represent the actual brightness better. But still no way as bright as a neons. :p

JaCe
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Still hot :) As a chick- do you reckon that sortof thing looks good on a guy's car? ;)... haha.

Btw the American tail lights look pretty nice on the Civic!
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3387/gallery116ll.th.jpg (http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gallery116ll.jpg)

EuroBabee
04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
yeah i reckon it would suite a guys' car too, its sexier than having no lights hehehe.. but i fink u mite like it to be more brighter (as do i)... coz u like to "rice" ;) LOL... u can get neons coz i fink neons in the feet space are legal

yeah i liked the american version of the civc heaps better than the aussie one, it's got better front and rear lights... and they get more options inside aswell... *sigh sigh*

JaCe
05-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Us aussies always seem to get screwed over. (Ironically I'm an Asian Aussie- but you get the picture).

Back on topic, a lot of the mods/parts for the American Civic should be compatible with ours? I'm guessing the 4-door model should be the same; not sure about the coupe (although I reckon the Honda Civic coupe in US is hot! It reminds me of how the Monaro took a Commodore, and made it sexier).

shinji112
02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
nice for a stock car eurobabe =)

kn1ghtm4r3
02-10-2006, 05:23 PM
nice for a stock car eurobabe =)

true the new civics are starting to grow on me slowly.:thumbsup:

xqwzit
02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
what size wheels are on that car? 17s or 18s?

they look like 18s to me

Du4No
04-10-2006, 06:42 AM
Does anyone know which rims that civic has on that pic?

They look pretty hot...

Scratch2k
04-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I have the bass works but there's really nothing to take a picture of, the rear speakers are upgraded but they're hidden behind the grille. The amp is mounted on the top of the boot and it a box only marginally bigger than a cigarette packet with some wires coming out of it and a couple of dials...sounds good though :)

aussiebuddha
10-10-2006, 02:26 PM
they look like 18s to me

16 mate.

Du4No
11-10-2006, 07:49 AM
So does anyone know which wheels those are?

aussiebuddha
11-10-2006, 08:00 AM
yeah sixteeeeeeeen!

aussiebuddha
11-10-2006, 08:52 AM
PS: why would you buy the bass works?
if you need better sound go get an aftermarket installation for half the price and extremely better

Scratch2k
11-10-2006, 12:23 PM
PS: why would you buy the bass works?
if you need better sound go get an aftermarket installation for half the price and extremely better

For me, it was because my car is leased and it was a lot easier just to buy all the accessories I wanted with the car at the time of purchase rather than after market, this applies to the wheels, bass works and seat covers.

JaCe
30-09-2007, 02:01 PM
For me, it was because my car is leased and it was a lot easier just to buy all the accessories I wanted with the car at the time of purchase rather than after market, this applies to the wheels, bass works and seat covers.

Fair enough- but from a tax perspective, you can still claim modifications as tax deductions can't you? Or were you doing this at dealer because you wanted your company/business to fund them through the lease? lols...

Scratch2k
02-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Fair enough- but from a tax perspective, you can still claim modifications as tax deductions can't you? Or were you doing this at dealer because you wanted your company/business to fund them through the lease? lols...

Wow, talk about rising a thread from the dead...

In answer to your question, I wanted all the accesssories under the lease..and the leasing company (most likely due to the law) wont let you add accessories on to the lease after the initial purchase, so if you want anything to be covered (and have the tax benefits) under the lease, you need to buy them with the car as dealer fitted accessories.

cracker
02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
i got blue interior neons they look mad cuz every other light is blue too!!

JaCe
02-10-2007, 08:06 PM
LOL yes blue neons are good. I used to have them but too bright over time >< ... I do alot of night driving I realised.

Wow, talk about rising a thread from the dead...

In answer to your question, I wanted all the accesssories under the lease..and the leasing company (most likely due to the law) wont let you add accessories on to the lease after the initial purchase, so if you want anything to be covered (and have the tax benefits) under the lease, you need to buy them with the car as dealer fitted accessories.

Fair enough. It's easier to put it under the original lease- then you don't need to try and keep track of things for tax nor raise any suspicious questions.

cracker
03-10-2007, 04:12 PM
.....................i put on my grille...and took off the mugen badge and put it inside my car infront of the speedo...looks pretty nice.............black power!