PDA

View Full Version : Dead engine mount Q's

revNhevN
26-03-2006, 11:35 AM
My bottom front two engine mounts on my EG are gone. Havnt checked the rear one yet. Just have a few questions regarding changing them.

1. Are d-series and b-series mounts the same?
2. Is it ok to use used mounts - with energy suspension inserts?
3. Will it be alot firmer with the inserts?
4. How much is resonable for the labour and parts?

Thanks.

fatboyz39
26-03-2006, 12:46 PM
1. You can't use d-series mounts

2. New mounts don't cost that much $60 per corner.

3. Havin inserts will make it alot firmer. More vibration inside.

4. $100-$200 to change engine mounts.

kyle
26-03-2006, 08:56 PM

That Is somewhat incorrect. On everyone of our engines we have chassis mounts and engine brackets. Don't get the 2 mixed up. In total there are 10 mount/brakets to hold the engine into our cars. I know for a fact that some D-series chassis mounts will work. It's just the rear and tranny front engine brakets need to be b-series.

So sorry to be so pedantic but that statement is somewhat incorrect. During my B16a swap on my EJ8 the only mount/braket i has to change was the rear tranny braket the AC braket and the front tranny braket. The other 7/10 braket/mounts can retain. :D

- Kyle

ECU-MAN
26-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I Agree with your Kyle.

I have found the same thing when doing convertions.

Slow96GSR
26-03-2006, 11:22 PM

2. New mounts don't cost that much $60 per corner.

3. Havin inserts will make it alot firmer. More vibration inside.

4. $100-$200 to change engine mounts.

In truth new mounts from the dealer are more like $75USD each. Changing them is easy, 2 bolts hold them to the cars chassis and one nut to the motor mount. 12MM socket for the chassis and a 17MM or a 19MM for the nut, I don't remember off hand.

You will notice the car vibrates more with inserts because the motors vibration is no longer dissipating with just the stock rubber mounts. You get used to this or you can adjust the idle to stop the vibration a little. I was idling at 750 rpm with out them and bumped it up to about 850 rpm to stop it. It’s still there but things aren’t falling apart or making noises anymore! While you’re driving you probably won’t notice much of a difference.

BlitZ
27-03-2006, 11:14 AM
i jsut called honda..
the rear mount cost $161.85..

I need one..
anyone have one tahts in decent condition

Slow96GSR
27-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Got a few, but I'm not a member so I can't sell here!