PDA

View Full Version : In dash DVD question

COR73S
27-03-2006, 08:19 AM
How long could a DVD player be used in a car, with the motor not running, before the battery dies so much that the car can't be started again?

stanleym
27-03-2006, 08:25 AM
that would depend entirely on the performance of the battery...... and if you have amps also needed to be powered

i have 2 amps and normal head unit i think it last maybe hour ad a half to 2 hours with the key on 2 clicks
to be honest i dont kno how much more power dvd players draw

mugeneration
29-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah depends on what you're running with it, and how loud the volume is if you have some serious gear. Also depends on what kind of battery you have. I hear nothing but good things from guys who have Optima Yellow tops. You'll have to ask them how long they last but they just rave on about them! Regular battery lasts 2 - 2.5 hours max with a decent setup.

ICACHA
29-03-2006, 10:54 PM
think the term is called "current draw" :)

marte
30-03-2006, 12:06 PM
maybee :S but then you dont actually plan on watching a whole movie in your car do u o.O

Zilli
22-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah depends on what you're running with it, and how loud the volume is if you have some serious gear. Also depends on what kind of battery you have. I hear nothing but good things from guys who have Optima Yellow tops. You'll have to ask them how long they last but they just rave on about them! Regular battery lasts 2 - 2.5 hours max with a decent setup.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mattski_VTIR
22-05-2006, 04:53 PM
I use to run two Alpine V12 Amps (MRD-1005 MRV545) 2 gauge power cable, an IVAD300 (7 inch DVD player) X type Splits, Boston 6x9, type R 10's etc. I use to kill the standard battery (em1 coupe) in as little as half an hour. I upgraded to an optima blue top (same as a yellow top only designed to withstand more vibration) for around $400. I could easily watch through an entire movie with the system cranking. A good battery is heavily recommended, especially if you plan to run the system with the car off.