PDA

View Full Version : Are my CV joints gone?

berniebern
27-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Was driving down the Tullamarine freeway on Friday afternoon when the sound that I have been hearing for the past 3 or 4 months get worse. From anywhere between 20 km/h up to 80 km/h it sounds like I have a flat spot in my front tire but now once i hit 90km/h the car starts to vibrate from the front with a loud zzzzzzz noise. It's quite scary really...as if the whole front axle is about to collapse.

What's going on with the Civic ?

BlitZ
27-03-2006, 03:49 PM
front wheel bearing..

and maybe hub (but not likely)

Menzy
27-03-2006, 03:59 PM
go around in a dead end ... and go around in circles on one side of the car ... and if you hear clicking noises then its your cv joints ... try both sides and see if you hear it ... :)

ECU-MAN
27-03-2006, 08:01 PM
inner cv joints can cause this vibration at speeds 80 to 120 plus

not sure about the noise though, could be harmonics from tghe vibration or something

EK9
28-03-2006, 01:36 AM
take it to a mechanic or driveshaft shop. don't wait any longer... cos i had clicking noises for a while and then one day it just went "CLUNK" and sounded like i broke a damn axle or something... luckily i was 200 m away from the driveshaft shop. i knew it was the CV, just never got around to fixing it.

anyway, since u mentioned Tullamarine... i got my CV replaced at MS Driveshafts on McIntyre Rd, Sunshine. I reckon they do a decent job, quick too...