PDA

View Full Version : Hard Shift from PARK to DRIVE

jazz_honda
27-03-2006, 05:52 PM
hi guys!!...i have a bit of problem with my toycar...btw, it's a 1.5Vtec Honda Jazz CVT

i just got my car a month ago and what i notice is that when i shift from PARK (P) to DRIVE (D) it's kinda hard the rest of the gears are really smooth to shift....

i don't know maybe i'm doing something wrong...but i read the manual and it say that before you shift from D to P, step on the foot brakes then pull the hand brake then shift from D to P then turn off the engine......thats what i do.....but the next day (or when i use the car again) .... again its hard to shift from P to D....

kinda bothers me....this happend to you guys? :thumbdwn: :(

terris08
27-03-2006, 06:03 PM
It happens sometimes but I think there no drama there. Not much to worry about.

jazz_honda
27-03-2006, 06:08 PM
mine happends frequently and rarely does it shift smoothly....kinda worried....pls help...

air23box
28-03-2006, 03:25 AM
the dealership you bought the car is the solution mate....just go back and get them to check it out...

JasonGilholme
28-03-2006, 07:47 AM
are you parking on a hill??

I used to have a problem with my automatic when i parked it on a hill. You have to really rip it out of park.

If thats not the problem go and see your dealer.

jazz_honda
28-03-2006, 11:41 AM
yup i kinda park on an incline...might as well bring it to the dealership...tnx guys

aaronng
28-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Did you put yout foot on the brakes before you shift from P to D?

jazz_honda
28-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Did you put yout foot on the brakes before you shift from P to D?

yup i always do sir...it says on the manual...

but this morning it's kinda funny.....when i press the release lever of the shifter 3 times....hooalla....it shifts smoothly from P to D.....weird man....i'll try to do this again when i get home....i'll see if it still works...