PDA

View Full Version : my '94 civic vti eg (hatch)

sideswipe
27-03-2006, 08:20 PM
hey guys!
just got my civic a week ago.
a few quick n00b questions:

what's a good mod to do that'll increase power? i dont wanna spend more than $200-300...hoping to get my d16y1 to at least 100kw. simota air intake?

where couldi get half cuts (b16a's & b16c's...) in melbourne...or like places where they do it all for you. would you know the price too, those who've had it done.

where can I get some momo accessories? ebay the cheapest?

last, do you know where I can those leather steering wheel covers, like wheelskins, in oz.

oh, and would my car be able to beat a 2001 TOYOTA COROLLA ZZE122R LEVIN (100kw) off the lights?

i know all you pros will think these qs are dumb...at least im in the right section.

wynode
27-03-2006, 10:32 PM
First post here and I can tell you haven't searched at all. I realise this is the noob forum but have you at least looked at the sticky or read the bang for buck thread in the Civic forum?

Also you've got more than just one related question in your post :thumbdwn:

EG5[KRT]
27-03-2006, 10:35 PM
u cant do much for that price

best bet is a k&n panel filter and use good fuel for the moment

then save for headers

cdpfxz
27-03-2006, 10:38 PM
d16y is a 96kW engine, so u only need a little for 100kW at the engine, i'd suggest just do mods to free up the flow of the engine, it may cost a little more but if u get a set of headers for it and a good intake, or panel filter and remove the stock resonator and shit that comes wit it u'd add that bit of power u want..

secondly, a b16 half cut can range in prices from 2g-4g depending wat series u want it out of and where u buy it.. do a search and look at the b16a faq thread, theres a lot of info there.. if u get it done at a workshop most ppl usually spend around 5g once its all done, maybe a little less depending where u go and how much u pay for the half cut...

and as for momo accessories, either go to auto barn or somewhere, or yeh just hit up on-line stores or ebay, usually cheapest way.. i'd suggest if u wana spend the money on momo stuff, instead of spending $100 on a gear knob and $400 on a steering wheel, spend that on achieving the power u want and maybe go for a cheaper option of interior accessories.. depending wats more important to u if ur trying not to spend too much...

as for can ur car beat a levin, depends on how u and the other guy can drive, in that case at the lights it'll pretty much come down to who can get the start.. being a newer car the levin will prob pick up a bit more than ur vti, so u'll need to get a good start....
hope this helps..

nic :thumbsup:

edit: and yeh as the above guys said, not everyone will be willing to answer those sort of q's cos they are easy to find if u search, i was just in a helpful mood!

hoonda
27-03-2006, 10:50 PM
cheapest way to increase power on the D16y1 is intake and exhaust airflow, eg:

-remove intake muffler ($free)
-K&N or similar hi-flo filter ($200ish)
-catback exhaust (NO BIGGER THAN 2.25"!!!) from your local bloke ($300)

If you spend a little more, you will get alot more, eg:
-headers ($300-400)
-hi-flo cat ($300)

Plus, use Optimax or BP Ultimate.

The above will tip you over 100KW, and driven properly should outpace a 'rolla. But the best way to embarrass Toyota drivers is a B16a conversion. Just do a search for all that info.

sideswipe
29-03-2006, 11:07 PM
hey guys, thanks for your help!

im thinking of getting, for now, a short shifter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8050140722&fromMakeTrack=true
This seams too cheap! Should I play safe and go for a B&M?
Also, are there any real "Type R" Products. the one above is way too cheap, and this too:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8051847080&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

and a simota CAI
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4626504746&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
is this good enough or should i go apexi?

unsure on what is the most bang for my buck.
thanks in advance.