PDA

View Full Version : how to get my civic legal?

EG6-WA
28-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Im putting a b18c in my little brother EG hatch.. hehe i know honda family yo... and now im wondering if i do this, from what i read through it seem illegal.. back when i used to live in the US its was normal no one bother... since the law here in australia is quite different what would i have to do to get this car legalize? thanks

Zdster
28-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Im putting a b18c in my little brother EG hatch.. hehe i know honda family yo... and now im wondering if i do this, from what i read through it seem illegal.. back when i used to live in the US its was normal no one bother... since the law here in australia is quite different what would i have to do to get this car legalize? thanks

Before you do the swap I would speak with an engineer. You should be able to get details of engineers in your state by speaking with your local road authority. The engineer will have to look over your car once it is done and sign off on its safety - so the best bet is speak with them first and find out if they need you to do anything special.