PDA

View Full Version : changing dials/gauges

all_motor_baby
28-03-2006, 09:37 AM
hey fellaz how do i remove my old gauges as im replacing them i've takein the cluster out removed the plastic covering, unscrewed the 2 screws from the KM/H one, and the other 2 from the RPM one. How to i actualy attach the new ones on, do i have to remove the old ones or do i just place the new gauges on top of them??

Geo
28-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I took them out and replaced them with the new dials. I tried just placing the new dials over the old ones but it didn't look too good at night when the lights were on.

all_motor_baby
28-03-2006, 10:02 AM
how'd you take them out im to scared that i might break somthing lol, did ya just yank out the old ones.

Geo
28-03-2006, 10:10 AM
well the 4 needles (temp,fuel,km/h + rpm) have to come off first before the dials can be pulled out (Im talking about a gen2 crx here but im assuming they all would be similar), make sure you be very gentle when removing the needles they should come off without too much effort then when the needles are off unscrew your dials and hopefully you should be able to get them out.

Stoosh
28-03-2006, 06:03 PM
some people have a few problems with the needles after they have been refitted..you have that problem aswell geo?

destrukshn
28-03-2006, 06:07 PM
you can go around the needles though
that's what i did.

dc4t
28-03-2006, 06:39 PM
dontttt take the original gauges out!!.. just place the new ones over.. ive heard of some problems due to ppl takin the oem ones out

all_motor_baby
28-03-2006, 07:45 PM
well i havent had any problems with the needle i just did what [dc4t] did go around the needle and place ontop of the oem ones, NNOOWWWWW!!!, my problem is that the oem ones light up in the back and the ones i placed on top [new dials] dont :( i dont know why can anyone help did i do something wrong?? is my wiring wrong??

destrukshn
28-03-2006, 09:42 PM
most probably.. lol.
you can use the negative and postive wire and hook it straigh to a battery or a constant source to see if product is defective.
that or it might have a adjustable light control ont he aftermarket one, if it does put it up.

dc4t
29-03-2006, 11:37 AM
well i havent had any problems with the needle i just did what [dc4t] did go around the needle and place ontop of the oem ones, NNOOWWWWW!!!, my problem is that the oem ones light up in the back and the ones i placed on top [new dials] dont :( i dont know why can anyone help did i do something wrong?? is my wiring wrong??

yeh its definately ur wiring. lol wat i did was tap the wiring into that wiring loom for my headlights. (right behind the steering wheel) so wen ur parkers turn on ur guages will. pretty simple just takes a bit of trial n error...

also u can take out the bulbs which light up ur oem guages.

Yasakani
30-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Old thread I know,
but how do you go AROUND the needle??
Also, if you place it above the OEM dials, wouldn't it restrict the light coming through?

Cheers