PDA

View Full Version : Low beam not working, need help!

Geo
28-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here can help, My low beams don't work for some reason, My indicators / hazard / park lights / high beam all work fine except for low beams they do not work. I've checked both bulbs they look fine and the fuse box seems ok.... any other place you guys think I should be checking?

Thanks!

destrukshn
28-03-2006, 12:23 PM
somtimes the bulb itself can be blown without looking blown.
so maybe just try the bulb first.

EK9_boi
28-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here can help, My low beams don't work for some reason, My indicators / hazard / park lights / high beam all work fine except for low beams they do not work. I've checked both bulbs they look fine and the fuse box seems ok.... any other place you guys think I should be checking?

Thanks!

which type of lights do you use? if H4's they have a dual filament ent hence highbeam could work while low beam has had it! That's something that I've encountered before! Are you using them white/blue lights? they're major culprits!

anyway, I hope you can quickly dianose the problem! :)

cheers

blu3illusion84
28-03-2006, 12:25 PM
i second that destrukshn...
change to the new bulb.. of course high beam working fine but not the low beam.. *cheer*

Geo
28-03-2006, 12:27 PM
what's the odds of blowing both bulbs at the same time? The bulbs are still pretty new I am almost certain something else here has gone wrong. I will put in a different set of bulbs when I get home from work tonight just to double check that its not actually the bulbs but I have a bad feeling that I wont have any luck.

destrukshn
28-03-2006, 12:32 PM
check if the if it has current going to the plugs?
double check the fuse.
remember, H4's well most of em, they have a common positive.

Geo
my high beams run off a different bulb to the low beams there are 4 bulbs all up! 2 for the highs and 2 for the lows. And yes they are the white/blue one's.

EK9_boi
what's the odds of blowing both bulbs at the same time? The bulbs are still pretty new I am almost certain something else here has gone wrong. I will put in a different set of bulbs when I get home from work tonight just to double check that its not actually the bulbs but I have a bad feeling that I wont have any luck.

how new? the brighter bulbs tend to have a shorter lifespan owing to the fact that they burn hotter to provide brighter light...

cheers

Geo
28-03-2006, 12:34 PM
double check the fuse.

No worries I will have another crack at it tonight. Thanks for your help guys!

Geo
28-03-2006, 12:35 PM
double check the fuse.

No worries I will have another crack at it tonight. Thanks for your suggestions!

Geo
28-03-2006, 12:36 PM
how new? the brighter bulbs tend to have a shorter lifespan owing to the fact that they burn hotter to provide brighter light...

cheers

They are around 3 months old

Mr. Focus
29-03-2006, 10:07 AM
are they projectors??? mine have done the same thing. all the other lights work fine, but my low beams (both) have gone. i checked everything....fuses, conections, wires bulbs. they all seem fine to me. very odd

EK9_boi
29-03-2006, 10:26 AM
They are around 3 months old

They wouldn't be Diamond/crystal visions would they? cos they blow by that age. I'd know cos I'd learnt through the school of hard-knocks! :(

cheers