PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start Alarm

dynasty
28-03-2006, 09:23 PM
one of my friends is havin trouble wit his alarm, juz seein if anyone here has any ideas, he's got a 180sx and has a remote start car alarm fitted, all that it says on the box is "LJ-8 car alarm security system" and when he tries to remote start it, the ignition isnt held down long enough, so it doesnt turn over the engine, it starts it occasionally but the starter needs an extra like 1/2 to 1 second, does anyone know how to extend the ignition time?

Slow96GSR
28-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Look in the manual. It has to do with the programming. You can change it to a different length signal to the starter so it will start. If it's not in the manual try their web site if they have one or tech support.

MIRZ
17-04-2006, 01:59 AM
does it start at all with remote start?

if it does then you need to fo Tach learning with alarm system. but you would need usermanual for alarm system to do that.

i have done mine but dont think it would be same for all remote start systems.

SINISTR
17-04-2006, 02:13 AM
We had it on my GFs Civic... the car had to be warm sometimes to make it start on the first hit - or prestarted. I know it doesn't make sense as thats the whole point but sometimes thats what helps.

Technically the car 'should' start on the first hit anyway... if you set a time of 3 seconds and the car starts within 2 - you're going to do damage to the starter motor.

Slow96GSR
17-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Not really, 1-3 seconds extra is about how long most people hold the starter going after the car has started. So 1 second too long on autostart is better then a real person starting that car!! It can be set for just about any time you want, some do it like, 3, 5, 10, 12, etc. seconds and you have to choose. If it's on three and doesn't start the first time it should on the second time.

jaffa_cree
17-04-2006, 07:44 AM
My civic had a remote starter.
You can basically set up how long you want the ignition/crank to be held for.
I basically set it up so the engage the remote start, the 1st attempt it will be a normal turn key start without holding it, then the automatic subsequent attempts wil be extended by a second. On really cold mornings, or when the car hasnt been driven for a long time, the 2nd attempt generally works.

civiceg9
17-04-2006, 12:23 PM
What brand is it? Garage 8?
The remote start should try start the car, if 1st time not start
the 2nd crank should be longer, and the 3rd crank more longer.

check manual to see if you can set it longer.