PDA

View Full Version : mixing exhaust system

civicCXI
29-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Suppose I have Xforce as my extractor and japanese cat-back system such as buddy-club or whatever, would that work as in performance wise? or it would cause some problems due to mismatch design or whatever?

incoming
29-03-2006, 01:10 PM
what motor is this going on?

i have x-force 4-1 headers with buddy club cat back to x-force twin loop in my car atm and its going good

i'd suggest getting a ECU fitted so u can make the most of it

civicCXI
29-03-2006, 01:13 PM
d16y4

Wanna get full japanese system, but can't afford the price and not really worth spending 1k+ on exhaust system.

How much did u pay for ur buddy-club?

TeMp
29-03-2006, 01:45 PM
In theory it is best to get a whole exhaust system (from header to cat bk exhaust) from the same brand as usually a performance company will design and do R&D upon on exhaust as a whole. Meaning they work beter with each other as they were designed for each other.

Having said that the sound of a muffler and etc is personal preference meaning it is also about what you want, thus giving you a reason to mix and match.

Plus there might be a better combo of a mix and match out, since all exhaust systems are based on the same concept of having a less restrictive air flow.

I would not recommend a x force header, especially on a dc5(s), because that it makes less power then stock (proven and dyno'ed at TODA). Do a search and you can find the thread concerning this.

Personally if you have a restrictive budget, you would rather get a jap brand header and a cheaper cat back exhaust (as no matter the brand of cat back it won't made that much power ne ways compared to well a designed header)

civicCXI
30-03-2006, 12:24 PM
most of the people here says xforce header (4-2-1) is the best for d16 engines for those with low budget.
I'm still doing my research on performance gains by xforce and japanese headers on d16y4 (or any d16 engines).

Benji
30-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I would not recommend a x force header, especially on a dc5(s), because that it makes less power then stock (proven and dyno'ed at TODA). Do a search and you can find the thread concerning this.

I'm pretty sure i've seen a printout (when searching on google and someone posted it here too) from a dyno comparing gains between x-force and a Jap brand(forget which, either mugen or toda) on a DC5, both headers were better than stock and x-force was only 3kw or so under the jap brand.

incoming
30-03-2006, 12:58 PM
i guess it depends on the motor and the mods

Zdster
30-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I have driven a d16y4 with full exhaust system with x-force headers and it had a bit of a change in performance - but generally speaking the d16 (unlike on the dc2/5's mentioned) is a small four cylinder and headers are not going to gain you 20-30kw.

LAGOOT
30-03-2006, 01:29 PM
i have a couple of mates with DC2's with vision catback and toda header.. nothing but good words and big smiles from them :thumbsup:

civicCXI
04-04-2006, 06:10 PM
is it possible for ek1 hatch to have muffler on normal posn (right side) then cat back pipe that goes straight across to the cat (just below the left passenger)?

Stock pipe goes from muffler towards the driver's seat, then across to the cat.

Zdster
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
You could do it, but the exhaust would hang lower the body of the car. You really want to try and avoid that as it will scrape/hit any major bump in the road. It is better to have it recessed like the stock setup.