PDA

View Full Version : Important: Read before adding racing seats

SiReal
29-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi guys, came across this while looking at v6performance.com. Not sure if this is the wrong forum but it looks pretty technical to me.

Kudos to user retroshark.

Please have read for those thinking about racing seats. cheap rip offs might not be the best option.

http://www.mfellerman.com/w2box/data/page.jpg

http://www.mfellerman.com/w2box/data/page_0001.jpg

http://www.mfellerman.com/w2box/data/page_0002.jpg

So, buy wisely and dont go tightass on safety.

SiReal

bennjamin
29-03-2006, 01:33 PM
good stuff. + rep.

I cannot believe anywhere here scamps on saftey for looks when it comes to seats (no offence anyone!) . For example those recaro copies floating around...waste of space and from what ive seen in peoples cars are falling apart with NORMAL USE ~ id hate to see them in a collision of any magnitude :(

egSi
29-03-2006, 10:16 PM
shit! :eek:

integral90
29-03-2006, 10:32 PM
wow... i got some aftermarket seats, thats uh... interesting

VTC-8OY
30-03-2006, 01:26 AM
hmm i think another big factor u gota consider with aftermarket seats is not just the seat quality itself but how the rails/brackett is mounted to the car floor, imagine poor welding on the rails.. during an accident, imagine the force of the impact, those welds could snap straight off. I mean u could buy a really well designed/quality expensive seat but if those rails/mounts/welds arent up to standards then the seat is no good itself..

panda[cRx]
30-03-2006, 01:35 AM
we have ADR's, engineering reports etc for a reason...

our safety! so don't scrounge on cheap ass dangerous seats etc boys and girls

VTC-8OY
30-03-2006, 01:57 AM
']we have ADR's, engineering reports etc for a reason...

our safety! so don't scrounge on cheap ass dangerous seats etc boys and girls

I have recaro copy seats that i'm yet to put in, they are ADR approved.. so does this mean i can rest assured that these are safe and roadworthy of use?

edit: okay i just done bit of research, it's not the seats that has to meet ADR approval, it's the rails and mounting itself that has to meet ADR, if u can get an engineer to approve the mounts, then its perfectly legal, if you use the original manufacturers mounts that are ADR approved then you dont need to get it engineered unless you modify the mounts in anyway.

|N|
30-03-2006, 02:03 AM
honestly for stuff that could cause issue to safety i would not go tight.... either go for legit stuff or dun do anything...

vtc
30-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Well maybe if Ozhonda are caring about their members then maybe they should stop the sale of fake stuff that could harm others on this site.

EK9
30-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Well maybe if Ozhonda are caring about their members then maybe they should stop the sale of fake stuff that could harm others on this site.
We all have to understand that the marketplace (not just talking about Ozhonda) is open to everyone and not everything can be policed or tracked to see if it's legal or illegal. Alot of performance products are designed and intended for race/track use only, if not, then all for show... and it's not always up to the seller to question the use of their products (think fineprint, it's everywhere nowadays).

Anyway, the admins on Ozhonda are always fully aware of such issues and i'm sure have addressed it in the past ;) If u have any probs, pm the boss, wynode :thumbsup:

Anyway, EXCELLENT FIND! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: This article should be read by every modifier around... don't be a titeass wen it comes to ur safety.