PDA

View Full Version : What full exhaust system should i get for my 98 si?

mindfriction
21-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi guys and girls,

Im just starting to have a look around for an exhaust system for my 98 Si lude, I hear its the best dollar to performance mod you can do to a car, Correct?.

I have had a look online but im sorta getting lost, there's so many systems/ setups out there.Would appreciate some recommendations ;)

azjs
21-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Oooh you opened up a can of worms with that one... other will say a CAI would render the best gains, ecu, dare I say, turbo?

Anyways, since you have a 98Si, that means you're running an f22b, not many off the shelf exhaust systems available for you car, so there will be custom work involved to fit known name systems such as apexi, rsr, tanabe, and other local brands to your car.

Check out preludeaustralia to see what other people with the same car have done with their exhaust setups

Good luck!

-az

mindfriction
21-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks Azjs,

Ill take a look at preludeaustralia....Damn pity its going to involve custom work, that means more $$ :(. Was hoping to buy the hardware seperate, Im no pro so im going to have to also figure out a place in melbourne to get it all installed. Dont spose you could recommend anywhere?

LUD02C
22-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Az hit the nail on the head..

Creative
22-04-2004, 12:40 PM
So the exhaust systems for Si and vtec *are* different are they?

I didnt know that :)

mindfriction
23-04-2004, 12:21 AM
That would be nice to know, but I cant see how they would be? I mean sure one has a vtec and the other doesnt and maybe the heads are different, but surely thats it !?......By the way ive continued this thread over @ preludeaustralia.com... hmm can't wait to get rid of that stock exhaust of mine :P