PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Recommendation thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

JohnL
25-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Aaron's car is an Accord Euro if that helps lol

Of course, with a pillowball it would have to be a Mac strut set up, brain fade on my part! (never write posts when you're tired!).

If its knocking badly then this might indicate wear? Are pillowballs adjustable for wear ? (never owned nor worked with them). Or are they just noisy by nature?

m0nty ITR
25-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Of course, with a pillowball it would have to be a Mac strut set up, brain fade on my part! (never write posts when you're tired!).

If its knocking badly then this might indicate wear? Are pillowballs adjustable for wear ? (never owned nor worked with them). Or are they just noisy by nature?

I think it depends on the brand and materials used. Some manufacturers, like Tein use a stainless pillowball. I get a slight knock when hitting bumps with Tein Flex.

Killa From Manila
25-11-2007, 10:00 AM
found some re001's in 195/50/15 for $140. ordered em in and get them fitted 2moro. im going from toyo transas 14's to the adrenalines so i cant wait to take em through some twisties

aaronng
25-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Begs the question; what is actually causing the knock-knock-knock? Is it actually the pillowballs?

It IS the pillowball mount. It's a little worn.

It shouldn't make knocking sounds just because the tyres are pumped up a few psi, though this might make a given problem more obvious.
So have you decided if you are for or against knocking sounds? Your sentence is contradicting itself.

aaronng
25-11-2007, 01:38 PM

It is a "feature" of pillowball mounts. The pillowball is made of hard material (polyurethane in my case) and when you go over small imperfections on the road, it will rattle against the upper mount. The stock mounts are rubber and doesn't make a sound. You can't adjust for wear and they are noisy by nature (even warranty is only 6 months on it).

And... no, my car has double wishbone fronts and multilink rears.

JohnL
25-11-2007, 08:23 PM
So have you decided if you are for or against knocking sounds? Your sentence is contradicting itself.

I'm not for or against, depends on whether the 'knock' is indicative of a clearance that shouldn't exist or is excessive, which I'd expect to be the case with 99% of 'knocking' sounds on a car! One case where some sort of 'knocking' might be expected would be in tappets that require a largish clearance, or another might be metal to metal 'rose' type suspension joints that are more than a couple of race meetings old.

I'm not sure how my sentence is self contradictory, re-read it a few times, seems clear to me...? What I mean is that there could possibly be a clearance that is for all intents and purposes silent with tyre pressures below a certain point because the tyres aren't transmitting enough road shock into the suspension for the clearance to 'knock' hard enough to hear it, but when the tyres are a little more highly inflated they may transnmit more shock and the knock becaomes audible(?).

JohnL
25-11-2007, 08:41 PM
It is a "feature" of pillowball mounts. The pillowball is made of hard material (polyurethane in my case) and when you go over small imperfections on the road, it will rattle against the upper mount. The stock mounts are rubber and doesn't make a sound. You can't adjust for wear and they are noisy by nature (even warranty is only 6 months on it).

And... no, my car has double wishbone fronts and multilink rears.

Forgive my ignorance of later model Accords (well, 'later' relative to my old girl!). I'd thought the double wishbone front end was last fitted to the CD5, obviously I've been labouring under a misapprehension!

My understanding of pillowballs may also be in error? I thought they were to replace the big floppy lump of rubber typically found at the top of Mac struts. What you describe sounds to me more like the stock damper upper rubber bushes (common fitment on many dampers, like little rubber doughnuts fitted over the stud like projection on the end of the damper, similar in appearance to the bushes often found on the ends of ARBs and their linkages) replaced with poly bushes?

dwn_boi
26-11-2007, 09:00 AM
holy crap, couldnt be botherd goin through 85 pages to find the tyres im after lol

i'm in need of some new tyres for my 99 prelude 205 50 16

i called up St george tyres:

and they have Dunlops for 600 made in japan.

and i also called up bridgestone who recomended:

bridgestone super cat

$145 each

65 for wheel alignment

which means $645 free tyre rotational and free repair if you get a puncture.

ok just called up bob jane t mart and they said the supercat is shit >_<" they recomended the firestone for:

$169 each

and for all four plus wheel alignment and balance plus free roation of tyres every 5000k:

$690

what would you guys recomend, you think bridgestone is the way to go? can anyone comment on their tyre?

Catcha
26-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Why dont you go RE001 like the rest of us.......

dwn_boi
26-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Why dont you go RE001 like the rest of us.......

lol what are they/price/where from?

Joee
26-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Nikki *waves* PA Represent..... Im looking at some new tyres for my rims.... Anyway a friend of mine put me onto Toyo R888 Semis for about $250 - $300 each but they are pretty crap in the rain.... So ive looked around and posted a few threads on PA and i think im going with the Yokohama S-Drives.... They are supposed to have phenominal handling in the dry and pretty good handling in the wet..... I got quoted bout $225 each. So not sure if your looking for performance tyres or what.....

aaronng
26-11-2007, 03:43 PM
lol what are they/price/where from?

All the info you want is in this thread. SEARCH!

DreadAngel
26-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Just skip about the last 3 pgs and you'll find info on the RE001, the last 2 - 3 have been fillers :p

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 06:47 AM
k thanks joee and dread angel i'll have a search, maybe call up some more places :D

SuperDave
27-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi Nikki *waves* PA Represent..... Im looking at some new tyres for my rims.... Anyway a friend of mine put me onto Toyo R888 Semis for about $250 - $300 each but they are pretty crap in the rain.... So ive looked around and posted a few threads on PA and i think im going with the Yokohama S-Drives.... They are supposed to have phenominal handling in the dry and pretty good handling in the wet..... I got quoted bout $225 each. So not sure if your looking for performance tyres or what.....

All the tyre reviews I have read, as well was what has been said in this thread (EG30), point to the RE001 as being a better tyre than the S.Drive.

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 09:49 AM
hey you guys i called up a few places and every says for the re001 minimum $205 per tyre. and a few places seem to be out of stock!

well i want the tyres today so i ended up buying the yokahama A drive r directional instead!!

thanks for ur help guys

krogoth
27-11-2007, 10:04 AM
good tyre, more than enough for every day driving

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 10:18 AM
damn straight for only $620 plus wheel alignment :D

krogoth
27-11-2007, 10:23 AM
im surprised u found the a drive in that size, thats a prelude standard tyre size rite?

not very common in australia, they they usualy charge u an arm for it

i got some pretty shit quotes for my 205 45 17

and alot of passenger tyres dont make tyres in that size

so ive got to go and buy the top end extreme tyre, and that costs even more than it does usually coz my tyre specs are uncommon

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 10:28 AM
yea mine is standard 205 50 16

lol was pretty funny, i was going to jst buy the toyo tyres but i decided to call up ONE more place and see what they got, and the guy ended up being an old friend haha so mates rates :D

.::F[L]Y::.
27-11-2007, 01:01 PM
quick tyre question for tyre gurus

would a 245/35/18 tyre be the same as a 235/40/18??

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 01:14 PM
wouldnt the side wall be bigger tho? what do u mean the same?

27-11-2007, 01:25 PM
^^ ie overall size. can someone clarify this/

krogoth
27-11-2007, 01:52 PM
overall size will be very very similar, i cant remember how to calculate it off the top of my head

have a look here, i took this link from one of eksluts suspension forum stickies

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

therz a overall size calculater about half way down

27-11-2007, 02:20 PM
^^ thanks for the link. very handy!

Klayemore
27-11-2007, 02:27 PM
What do you guys think in comparison of the RE001 and the Falken RT615?

And I know there's alot of discrepancy about running different tyres on the front, but is it really THAT bad?

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 02:54 PM
What do you guys think in comparison of the RE001 and the Falken RT615?

And I know there's alot of discrepancy about running different tyres on the front, but is it really THAT bad?

have a read of that link posted, it'll explain some of the reasons why it can be a possible danger, quite an interesting read, i've actually previously downloaded that onto my computer!

dwn_boi
27-11-2007, 02:56 PM
is there anything that should be avoided/ done when 'running in' new tyres?

a dumb friend of mine said its good to do a few burnouts/ handbrakies to get them sticky and adapted to road...

funny thing is he belives that thats how u run a tyre in >_<" lol flat spots ftw!

destrukshn
27-11-2007, 03:08 PM

a dumb friend of mine said its good to do a few burnouts/ handbrakies to get them sticky and adapted to road...

funny thing is he belives that thats how u run a tyre in >_<" lol flat spots ftw!
jsut drive normally.
no burnouts, no pulling of the handbrake.
lol.

STOCK
27-11-2007, 03:15 PM

"handbrakies" will end up flatspoting and ruining your tyres.

Burnouts on the other hand are fine as it will help to remove the slippery release compound on the spinning tyres faster

m0nty ITR
27-11-2007, 04:37 PM
"handbrakies" will end up flatspoting and ruining your tyres.

Burnouts on the other hand are fine as it will help to remove the slippery release compound on the spinning tyres faster

Burnouts also remove your tread. I'd say no to "running in" by doing burnouts. :thumbdwn:

aaronng
27-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Burnouts only wear out the fronts or the rears. So you end up with slippery tyres on end and grippy on the other end, giving you under or oversteer in the rain. :thumbdwn:

quenjose
27-11-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm posting a short review in response to aaronng's findings on the re001.

I had them installed recently... 2 months back.
First thing i noticed was the grip and noise levels were much improved over the T1Rs or G3s i was using previously. Lateral grip was pretty good in the dry and surprisingly good in the wet. When the rear starts to slide, the feedback is pretty good.. and its quite easy to correct the oversteer, weirdly though, it doesnt make any noise or squeal when it slides.

I have also noticed that the steering, when its centre +/- 5 degrees, lacks any sort of feedback or resistance. I had initially thought my steering rack had abit of "play", but after checking the tie rod ends have ruled that out.

What got me worried though, was that in the first 2 weeks of driving on the freeway, the car would veer eratically (in minute amounts) when going round long bends or sometimes even straights, behaving as though strong crosswinds were blowing the car.

This behaviour has pretty much disappeared with use... and i assume its the oil film from the factory. Either that, or i've gotten used to it... hope not.

Otherwise, its a pretty solid tyre for what it costs.
I paid 165 a corner for 195/55/15 with nitrogen @ 35psi.

m0nty ITR
27-11-2007, 07:04 PM
What got me worried though, was that in the first 2 weeks of driving on the freeway, the car would veer eratically (in minute amounts) when going round long bends or sometimes even straights, behaving as though strong crosswinds were blowing the car.

I've got a similar "veer" with my RE55s but mine could be put down to camber and toe out as it only happens in a straight line. The only thing is it never happened with my Michelin Pilots. I just rule it as cold tyres as RE55s need quite a bit of heat to be effective.

aaronng
27-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I haven't had the RE001 veer on straights. The only one I found is that it is dead off centre and around long bends where you hold the steering wheel at just the right angle, there is a knife edge of difference between dead steering and super steering response. I've already done 1200km on them, and they are still doing the same thing. I reckon it's the soft sidewall and the tread design. I also have S02s which are a softer compound but doesn't have this problem.

quenjose
27-11-2007, 09:19 PM
If anything, i'd probably put it down to the thread block...
i've used tyres with much softer sidewalls, but never really encountered anything like that before.

Monty, i not sure if u're veering is the same experience, because i've driven cars with some serious camber, the veering experienced in such cars would be felt as feedback or bump in your steering wheel...

whereas the "veering" i'm describing, the feedback in the steering is somewhat dead as what aaronng has described... only happens at a certain degree of bend at highway speeds, and u do NOT feel it in the steering wheel... as if the steering rack suddenly went loose, or too describe it in a weird way, its like the front tyres went over a puddle of oil, and you lost traction for a moment.

my friend has spoken to the bridgestone guys about it as he has the same tyres on, and they attribute it to the way the tyres track. The way he put it was, the tyres are biased to track really straight...

JohnL
28-11-2007, 06:47 AM
i've used tyres with much softer sidewalls, but never really encountered anything like that before.

Monty, i not sure if u're veering is the same experience, because i've driven cars with some serious camber, the veering experienced in such cars would be felt as feedback or bump in your steering wheel...

whereas the "veering" i'm describing, the feedback in the steering is somewhat dead as what aaronng has described... only happens at a certain degree of bend at highway speeds, and u do NOT feel it in the steering wheel... as if the steering rack suddenly went loose, or too describe it in a weird way, its like the front tyres went over a puddle of oil, and you lost traction for a moment.

my friend has spoken to the bridgestone guys about it as he has the same tyres on, and they attribute it to the way the tyres track. The way he put it was, the tyres are biased to track really straight...

This brings us back to my original question; what really makes a 'good' tyre? I certainly wouldn't be happy with a tyre that behaved as these Bridgestones are being described.

Its not all about grip, we could fit drag slicks and paint them in super-glue, they'd be grippy but the handling would be abysmal. IMO, for a street tyre the handling characteristics are far more important than the degree of absolute neck straining grip. Great grip is nice to have, bit ultimately it's handling that makes a car a pleasure to drive on the steet!

Klayemore
28-11-2007, 06:50 AM
With my next tyre, I would want to have very good straight line traction. At the moment mine handle well, but they like to wheelspin alot.

krogoth
28-11-2007, 09:54 AM
lool, with a b20 in a crx ull prob still get wheel spin on the straight even if u had semi slicks

Klayemore
28-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Not necessarily. as long as I have more traction than I have now I'll be happy. It's not like I'm pushing extreme amounts of power or anything.

SeverAMV
30-11-2007, 10:18 AM

not sure if its the same problem, but i experienced a similar sort of veering since i switched to the re001s. steering response was less floaty since the swap since i was going from really crappy tyres to the adrenalins, but the steering response aroud the centre of the wheel is a little loose, but its tolerable.

the veering i experience with mine is a little bump steering, and then suddenly no response from the tyre at all regardless of how i jerk the wheel. normally would happen to my front left wheel. i figured the bump steering would probably be due to the tyres responding more than the shite i had on before (going from 14s to 15s, high profile crappy tyres to adrenalins in low profile). is this the kinda veering you were experiencing? or completely different?

i've managed to corner mine down to a really worn shock that locks up occasionally, as i get the bump steering and then the veering at street speeds of 60km/h. altho i've heard that ED6 civics had a shite steering rack so thats probably half the reason steering feel is dull in my car.

yellow-dc2
30-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Haven't read through the thread but I'm pretty sure there is nothing on them

I am looking for Personal experience with Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001

aaronng
30-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Haven't read through the thread but I'm pretty sure there is nothing on them

I am looking for Personal experience with Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001

There are HEAPS!!! SEARCH THIS THREAD FOR "RE001"! I have my personal experience, and EG30 did a very nice comparison between the RE001 and S.Drive. Don't be lazy.:thumbdwn:

V205
30-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Hmm.. the recent comments about RE001 having veering effects and dead-on-centre feel is making me reconsider about getting them.

Is it bad enough to avoid this tyre or do the positives still outweight the negatives?

Killa From Manila
01-12-2007, 12:29 AM
done about 300k's with my re001. dead smooth on the highway no veering at all. its also quieter than my old tyres (toyo transas) and grips very well.

Catcha
03-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Hmm.. the recent comments about RE001 having veering effects and dead-on-centre feel is making me reconsider about getting them.

Is it bad enough to avoid this tyre or do the positives still outweight the negatives?

No veering here as well. on my RE001.....I reckon this veering has to be either wheel alignment, or the road

JohnL
03-12-2007, 06:43 AM
No veering here as well. on my RE001.....I reckon this veering has to be either wheel alignment, or the road

Or pressure? I doubt it would be "road", if the problem is consistent.

SuperDave
05-12-2007, 08:54 AM
My RE001 point straight and no dead-on-centre feel. They are quieter than C.Drives, obviously grip better and are more direct. The C.Drive is a comfort tyre, so you would expect the latter two to occur with the upgrade.

euro77
06-12-2007, 06:52 AM
My RE001 point straight and no dead-on-centre feel. They are quieter than C.Drives, obviously grip better and are more direct. The C.Drive is a comfort tyre, so you would expect the latter two to occur with the upgrade.

Could be the different size, what's your tyre size?

Dreams
06-12-2007, 07:37 AM
anyone know about marangoni tyres? that aboriginal brand name tyres scored the 1st place on wheels mag tyre test. woot? beaten re001 2nd

SuperDave
06-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Could be the different size, what's your tyre size?

Same size on both, 205/50/16

aaronng
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM
anyone know about marangoni tyres? that aboriginal brand name tyres scored the 1st place on wheels mag tyre test. woot? beaten re001 2nd

I feel sorry that italian sounds aboriginal to you......:(

TypeLess
06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
That tyre test is a load of poo...
Marangoni didn't even get any good scores! I wonder how it come out first position on the final results?

Dreams
06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
hahaha, i wouldnt have a clue where they are made from. to be ontop they must be really popular, .. somewhere..

markoJEK1
08-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Toss up between Toyo T1R's , Potenza RE001's and Yokohama AD07's ? Dont be a brand whore and just say the Advans, but give me reason, atm I have the T1R's and the lifetime feels a lil bit short for my liking, so Im wondering if anyone has compared the 2/3 or 3/3 and give me some feed back

DEMON83
09-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Toss up between Toyo T1R's , Potenza RE001's and Yokohama AD07's ? Dont be a brand whore and just say the Advans, but give me reason, atm I have the T1R's and the lifetime feels a lil bit short for my liking, so Im wondering if anyone has compared the 2/3 or 3/3 and give me some feed back

I have T1R's on my EM1 just put a new pair on the front with a wider profile (205/50 R15) a few weeks ago. I still have the old profile on the back (195/55 R15) the T1R's are classed as a Ultra High Proformance and as a result will ware out qicker that some other tyres however they give incresed grip considering the are a full street/wet tyre. the original set of 4 195/55 r15 T1R'S that where on my car when i bought it had about 65-70% of the tread left and they lasted me about 8-9 months and that includes 1 track day with them as weel as the normal hard street driveing day to day...LOL hightly recomend!:D

SuperDave
09-12-2007, 06:09 PM
That tyre test is a load of poo...
Marangoni didn't even get any good scores! I wonder how it come out first position on the final results?

My guess is Marangoni paid the most in that test....
A better tyre test was in the November issue of EVO. Tested 9 tyres on a Golf GTi.
1. Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
2. Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
3. Continental Contisport Contact 3
4. Bridgestone Potenza RE050-A
5. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
6. Pirelli Pzero Nero
7. Kumho Ecsta STP KU31
8. Dunlop Sport Maxx
9. Yokohama S.Drive

quenjose
10-12-2007, 09:35 AM

I cant really comment of the AD07s as i've never used them b4, but i can comment on the T1Rs and the RE001s.
I just recently, well about 2 months ago swapped my T1Rs for a brand new set of Re001s (195/55/15).

T1R__ Has got softer sidewall than the RE001s, therefore rides a little softer over the bumps. Lateral and linear grip is pretty good in dry. not as good in the wet, but still very decent. Accelerates quicker over the RE001s because its softer. Treadwear rating 280. Quiet too.

RE001__ Firmer sidewall than T1Rs, harsher ride... but steering response is excellent (just a little dead in the centre). Lateral and linear grip in the dry is excellent, and pretty impressive if not the same in the wet. Although its got a treadwear rating of 220, it seems to be wearing better than the T1Rs. But it might be a little too soon to tell. I thought the T1Rs were quiet, but these RE001s are even quieter!

In terms of pricing, both tyres in my opinion are pretty good BFYB.
Although the t1r is cheaper... it doesnt loose out much from the RE001s.

markoJEK1
10-12-2007, 04:34 PM
thanks for that quenjose, Im going to go with the RE001's this time around and see how it goes, only real way to tell in the end

EG30
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I went thru the same motion again after I bought a set of RE001 for myEG back in June when they 1st came onto the market. I'm planning to put a set of 15"s on my crx to replace the old 14s as the 14" tyres are hardly cheaper than the 15" in the performance range, not to mention the choice of performance tyre in 185/60R14 is very limited. I was going to get something cheaper and prices I got for the lesser tyres were $95 for the bob jane xenon on special, $12x for the T1R, $118 for the wide oval, $145 for the G force sport and the $140 for the Re001. So between middle of road decent tyres in 195/50R15 and the re001 which I have been totally satisfied with was only $15 or so different a tyre and $60 or so in total or just over a tankful worth of fuel in difference. I've decided to buy another set of RE001 to fit onto my EG and the old set of re001 to fit onto my crx early next year.

The re001 is well and truely like no other tyre at any price in terms of balance and progression. It feels firm on centre and the lateral grip builds in a very linear manner as you turn in. For some this sensation may be felt as "dead" or strange esp being so used to the prev set of tyres that the person been driving on for the past tyre life cycle. Personally I find this straight as an arrow tracking ability in a straightline very reassuring. The most amazing thing about the re001 is not so much the obsolute outright grip it offers ( which is still a lot less than say the RE55s semi ) but how it delivers it grip. Their design philosophy is to maximise the grip on the unladen/unloaded wheel by optimising/enlarging their footprints and you can really feel it even when you are not hammering along. The result is a more balance feel between front and rear, lot more predictable handling.

It won Autosalon mag product of the year overall, and they said that they would be just as impressed even if the re001 cost 30-40&#37; more. I can't agree more.

markoJEK1
10-12-2007, 06:24 PM
goood stuff :thumbsup:

DreadAngel
10-12-2007, 08:25 PM
It would seem RE001 is the one to pick for my Rolla...

T-onedc2
10-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Coming from a set of Yokohama ES100 (DNA GP) with a wear rating of 280 and excellent performance, I have had RE-001's for a few thousand k's now and although they have a 220 wear rating, they are lasting very well, are much quieter, have softer sidewalls but tonnes of grip possibly a little better than the Yokohamas.

And excellent value.

EG30
10-12-2007, 10:57 PM
when a tyre grips well, despite being a softer road compound it doesn't wear as much as you expect even when you throw the car around corners a bit, that's coz the tyres are not sliding much, if at all as you would with less grippy tyres that slide against the bitumen surface where high wear occurs. That's provided the car is not a heavy car for the size of tyre of course.

I sold an old bmw 325i (1200kg w/out driver )to a fren in 2002 where I put on a set of new RE711 prior to delivery. He is still on the set of tyres now! That's just over 5 years of driving and close to 90000kms on the tyres and he corners hard pretty often. That's despite a conservative TRW of 140! Will post some pics of the tyres when I get the time to take some pics. So don't take the manufacturers ratings as gospel guys.

Bludger
11-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Coming from a set of Yokohama ES100 (DNA GP) with a wear rating of 280 and excellent performance, I have had RE-001's for a few thousand k's now and although they have a 220 wear rating, they are lasting very well, are much quieter, have softer sidewalls but tonnes of grip possibly a little better than the Yokohamas.

And excellent value.they must be something if you reckon they're better than es100's

JohnL
11-12-2007, 08:01 AM
when a tyre grips well, despite being a softer road compound it doesn't wear as much as you expect even when you throw the car around corners a bit, that's coz the tyres are not sliding much, if at all as you would with less grippy tyres that slide against the bitumen surface where high wear occurs. That's provided the car is not a heavy car for the size of tyre of course.

I sold an old bmw 325i (1200kg w/out driver )to a fren in 2002 where I put on a set of new RE711 prior to delivery. He is still on the set of tyres now! That's just over 5 years of driving and close to 90000kms on the tyres and he corners hard pretty often. That's despite a conservative TRW of 140! Will post some pics of the tyres when I get the time to take some pics. So don't take the manufacturers ratings as gospel guys.

There is something in this, sliding tears rubber off! A lot depends on your driving style, if you habitually hammer it then softer rubber may last longer than harder more slidey rubber, but if you're more sedate harder rubber will last longer. This is assuming that 'hammering it' means you corner faster, but not so fast that you're sliding even with the softer rubber, where you would be with the harder.

Keep in mind that tread wear numbers are not absolute, not very helpful when attempting to second guess the likely tyre wear between one brand and another. More useful when comparing different tyres from the same manufacturer, but a tyre from manufacurer X with a treadwear number of say 200 may be quite soft, but the same number from manufacturer Y may be relatively quite hard...

JohnL
11-12-2007, 08:59 AM
RE001__ Firmer sidewall than T1Rs, harsher ride... but steering response is excellent (just a little dead in the centre). Lateral and linear grip in the dry is excellent, and pretty impressive if not the same in the wet. Although its got a treadwear rating of 220, it seems to be wearing better than the T1Rs. But it might be a little too soon to tell. I thought the T1Rs were quiet, but these RE001s are even quieter!

It occurs to me that this 'dead centre' feeling may be associated with stiffer case construction. Remember when I talked about increasing caster angle also increasing 'trail'? To re-iterate; trail is defined as the longitudinal distance from the nominal centre of the contact patch to the point at which the steering axis intersects the ground, steering axis being a line drawn to infinity passing through the upper and lower ball joints (with double wishbone), or the lower ball joint and the top of a Mac strut.

This longitudinal distance at ground level is the 'trail' (as you see on shopping trolley 'casters', which strangley have no caster angle, but do have substantial trail), and is what causes the wheel to want to follow behind the point at which the steering axis intersects the ground when the car is travelling straight ahead (i.e creates self centring, steering 'weight' and much of the on centre feel). The greater the trail the stronger the self centreing effect will be, contributing to on centre feel.

However, this is not the only source of trail. There is a phenomenon called 'pneumatic trail', whereby the rolling deformation of the tyre casing causes the centre of the contact patch (whole contact patch really) to move backward relative to the rest of the tyre, and thus to move backward relative to the point at which the steering axis intersects the gound. With a stiffer case constuction this rolling deformation will tend to be less than with a softer case construction, as it also will be with lower inflation pressures. So, if we have a stiffer case (or higher psi) we will probably have less pneumatic trail, and thus less self centring and less on centre feel.

Higher case stiffness will promote steering response at the expense of pneumatic trail and thus give more response and lighter steering but less self centring and on centre feel. Lower psi will will increase pneumatic trail giving increased 'weight', self centring and on centre feel, but reduce steering response (sound familiar?, this is what you feel strongly when driving on very underinflated front tyres, though it can be masked somewhat by PS, and on centre feel may be 'wooly' due to lack of meaningful response).

It's a trade off, stiffer case (or higher psi) means less torsional case deformation as you steer the tyre, but less pneumatic trail, which gives a more immediate steering response, but may mean you have less self centring, less steering 'weight', and less on centre feel. (did I say that twice?, can't be buggered editing this again!).

nd55
11-12-2007, 10:41 AM
> The re001 is well and truely like no other tyre at any price in terms of balance and progression.

Hmmm,

Surely Bridgestone RE-01R, Yokohama AD-07, Falken Azenis RT-615 are up there.

Local availability is not the best amongst this group though.

Nick.

dsp26
29-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Anyone ever heard of Mickey Thompson MT3750R Semi Slicks???

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/

just wanting to know some specs

T-onedc2
29-12-2007, 09:45 AM
> The re001 is well and truely like no other tyre at any price in terms of balance and progression.

Hmmm,

Surely Bridgestone RE-01R, Yokohama AD-07, Falken Azenis RT-615 are up there.

Local availability is not the best amongst this group though.

Nick.
When I bought my RE001's I was also looking for AD-07's but my size wasn't available when I needed it urgently, I do hope to try them next time.

Sir_vtec
29-12-2007, 10:08 AM
^^how much did u pay for your re001's? what size were they?

need new tyres soon.

T-onedc2
29-12-2007, 10:34 AM
^^how much did u pay for your re001's? what size were they?

need new tyres soon.
There was a price rise just after I bought them so I think now about $170-$180 for 195/55 15. In comparison I payed $210 per tyre for the ES100's at trade price.

Sir_vtec
29-12-2007, 03:45 PM
thats tough. 170-180 sounds fair for re001's

cheers

jdm_kid
29-12-2007, 11:10 PM
i was told they were 130 lol

Jazzle
11-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey does anyone in here have experience with Yokohama a.drive AA01 and Bridgestone ER592 or know a thing of two about them??

i can't decide between the two so anyone can give me a hand??

nd55
11-01-2008, 12:18 PM
> I was also looking for AD-07's but my size wasn't available

AD07 in 205/45-16 are available because they are OEM on Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt.

Pay a little more because OEM fit, though.

Anybody sourced other sizes in OZ?

Nick.

DreadAngel
12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
i was told they were 130 lol

Oi Simon you kient, tell me where it is for $130 la! :p

honda_ek4
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Oi Simon you kient, tell me where it is for $130 la! :p

its $128 for re-001's (fit and balance), $115 (not including fit and balance) at your local bridgestone store.

(quote for 195/50/15)

Tako
14-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Recommend ADVAN AD07. Best all-rounder

slidetaker
14-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey does anyone in here have experience with Yokohama a.drive AA01 and Bridgestone ER592 or know a thing of two about them??

Only very slightly differences in performance and price between them if neither of them got special on.

If there is anything, ER592 might be less likely to aquaP with one more groove. Choose the one with higher number in treadwear rating and cheaper price if a decision is going to be made based on....

steebs
15-01-2008, 06:55 PM
got quoted $315 for 225/45/17 fitted and balance for re001
seems abit steep ?

also got a few other quotes if anyone is interested (prices are fitted and balanced)

Tyrepower - Scoresby
T1R - $305 x 4 = $1220
Pzero Russo - $279 x4 = $1116

Bridgestone - Rowville
RE001 - $315 x 4 = $1260

im running T1R/front and proxy4/rear atm, and loving the t1r, except for the soft widewalls =/
i've heard good reviews of the re001, price is strugglin tho

anyone know of anywhere that'll fit the re001 cheaper ? im keen to try them.

EDIT;
got a few more quotes today if anyone is interested;

Bob Jane T-mart - Box Hilll
RE001 - $280 x 4 = $1120

Kmart Tyres and auto - Rowville
RE001 - $275 x 4 = $1100

Traction Tyres - Rowville
Yokohama C-Drives - $265 x4 = $1060

Hullabaloo
15-01-2008, 10:19 PM
shop around for the RE001's. it should be closer to 235-260 per tyre for that 17's

i've seen that price range from kmart tyre and auto and bob jane.

when i was shopping for RE001's here are some prices i'd found:
215/45/17 - $255 (ranged from $255-$265)
235/45/17 - $235 (didn't shop around, that was just the first quote from bob jane)

so i'm not sure how much 225/45/17 would be but i'm guessing it'd be closer to that range than $315.

jenova
16-01-2008, 09:11 AM
There is huge price difference between the 50 and 55 profile.

dwn_boi
17-01-2008, 07:32 AM

i just currently bought a set of Yokohama A Drive in 55/205/16 for $155 quite nice, not too noisy great traction etc. i like :D

lol only thing was the boys there put my wheels on the wrong way.

i went back and sed come have a look here, i go, "tell me something, yanno how the tyres are directional?"

and he sed yes

i go: "well my rims, theyr directional too, tell me what direction theyr facing"

he has a look on one side, then the other and goes, inwards!! lol he laughed and then changed it straight away for me!

gbang007
28-01-2008, 11:59 PM
what do you guys reckon in the 13"/14" range? i am for something brand name, not some asian crap - but want to spend as little as possible as its for a car that i am selling and it needs a roadworthy cert.

its for a corolla. can't remeber the exact specs but i think its about 170/60 or so.

krogoth
29-01-2008, 10:01 AM
has any1 used DUNLOP DIREZZA b4?

will be needing new tyres soon, and i currently have yokohama Adrive R01 on, so im used to a pretty good tyre

the current profile is 205 45 17, now im thinking of getting the next set of tyres in 215 40 17, as the price difference is huge

Direzza 205 45 17 $270 a corner
Direzza 215 40 17 $150 a corner

so im wondering if therz a problem going from 205 45 17 to 215 40 17?

my stock tyre size was 185 70 14, the 205 45 17 matches the stock rolling diameter perfectly

215 40 17 will be slightly smaller than stock RD, so will that affect anything other than the speedo?

Zilli
30-01-2008, 08:49 AM
im looking for a replacement tyre for my sisters mx5, its a 205 45 16... any thoughts guys, i dont know where to start or where to buy from

blk05gli
31-01-2008, 08:41 AM
do not buy any size sumitomo's. they squeal like crazy on every turn, even on slow round abouts!!!!

twing
31-01-2008, 11:32 AM
do not buy any size sumitomo's. they squeal like crazy on every turn, even on slow round abouts!!!!

I've been using Sumitomo Firenza ST-03, 195/50R15... no squeal. Need warm up a bit before traction comes in.

EL_DC5
31-01-2008, 12:30 PM
you will clock more kay faster!!!

has any1 used DUNLOP DIREZZA b4?

will be needing new tyres soon, and i currently have yokohama Adrive R01 on, so im used to a pretty good tyre

the current profile is 205 45 17, now im thinking of getting the next set of tyres in 215 40 17, as the price difference is huge

Direzza 205 45 17 $270 a corner
Direzza 215 40 17 $150 a corner

so im wondering if therz a problem going from 205 45 17 to 215 40 17?

my stock tyre size was 185 70 14, the 205 45 17 matches the stock rolling diameter perfectly

215 40 17 will be slightly smaller than stock RD, so will that affect anything other than the speedo?

blk05gli
31-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I've been using Sumitomo Firenza ST-03, 195/50R15... no squeal. Need warm up a bit before traction comes in.

i dont know man. i have a set of htr 55z 205/55 16's bought last sep, they were great when they were new, now, wet traction is hopeless and in the dry, any corner where i can carry some speed, i get huge tyre squeal.

will go back to bridgestone or continental next time for sure!!

twing
01-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Same manufacturer, different brand/model. My Firenza has done 20k and still going good ;).

i dont know man. i have a set of htr 55z 205/55 16's bought last sep, they were great when they were new, now, wet traction is hopeless and in the dry, any corner where i can carry some speed, i get huge tyre squeal.

will go back to bridgestone or continental next time for sure!!

2002 TeGgY
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM
i just replaced my falken Azenis-615 215/45/16 with bridgestone potenza re001 adrenalines 205/55/16 and the car is so much quiter now, as for grip im sure it wont grip as hard as the falkens did in the dry but i cant judge that now as i still didn't run the tires in. i picked em up for $210 a pop plus free locknuts and free wheel allignment is that a good price?

krogoth
01-02-2008, 01:10 PM
sounds pretty damn good to me

DreadAngel
01-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Sure they're Bridgestone not Ridgestone :p

Jks jks, pretty good especially with all those extras in :)

2002 TeGgY
01-02-2008, 01:40 PM
lol, pritty sure theyr bridgestones. i got that price cause a mate of mine knew a guy that worked there. and the good thing is that after 5,000kms i get another free wheel allignment/wheel balance/rotation...

steebs
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
running 225/45r17 re001 at 38psi front, and 35psi rear.
great tyre =] amazing in dry, and excellent in the wet.
(only been on the car 2 weeks tho)

anyways, was wondering if the tyre pressure im using is correct ?
seems ok, any other recommendations ?

andiiso
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
34-36 is fine man, 38 is high , cos when it gets hot itll b higher lolz ..

steebs
01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
yeh i thought 38 was abit high, but any lower and it almost looks like its under inflated, max psi according to the tyre is 51 if i remember right.

andiiso
01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
yer but dun go by the max one lolz, thats simply telling u, "Do Not Go Over 51 Psi" lolz, so thats not realli in any way relevant to wat u put it on unless u plannin to put on max psi.

crx51
01-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I cannot speak higher of michelin pilot preceda II's. They arent cheap but are far and away the best all round tyres i've ever run.
Yes Yoko Advan Neova Semi Slicks would grip slightly better in the dry but they are also damn noisy tyres.
These are incredibly quiet (quietest tyres ive ever owned) yet grip tenaciously and give plenty of feedback through the tiller too.
Ill always fork out the money for such quality tyres. As i said, i looked at semi slicks and they have bling factor and grip well but if its for an everyday car i find them annoying! These grip close to as well, also grip well in the wet and dont wear like semi slicks either!

eg_08_wa
02-02-2008, 10:14 AM
dont mean to hijack..but how do you run in tyres?

SeverAMV
02-02-2008, 10:37 AM
dont mean to hijack..but how do you run in tyres?
roughly 500km of driving, minimise any wheel spin if possible, and if possible, keep the new tyres at the rear of your vehicle. new tyres dont really grip too well to begin with so you dont want them slipping your front end while cornering. then after said 500km, switch em back to the front if you want. btw 500km is a rough guide.

aaronng
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
If you drive sedately without the intention of getting speeding tickets, having the new tyres at the front is alright. :)

SuperDave
06-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Looking at the Dunlop tarmac rally tyres (D01J, DZ02G, DZ03G), does someone know what the compound codes stand for? Obviously H, M and S are a given, but what about GPS, SPS, R and SP. And how do they relate to the standard of H, M and S?

Zilli
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
i got the RE001 adrenalines on a 205-45-16 for my sisters late model mx5, and i have to say i am VERY impressed. It does communicate a lot more than the old Turanzas, and has an amazine amount of grip particularly on initial turn in.

Have had a chane to really give it a flogging, but they are a certain improvement over the OEM fitmet tyres... definitely recommended.. especially at $198 a tyre

<4n'D>
13-02-2008, 04:53 PM
i just replaced my falken Azenis-615 215/45/16 with bridgestone potenza re001 adrenalines 205/55/16 and the car is so much quiter now, as for grip im sure it wont grip as hard as the falkens did in the dry but i cant judge that now as i still didn't run the tires in. i picked em up for $210 a pop plus free locknuts and free wheel allignment is that a good price?

rt615.... noisy??

what on earth...

<4n'D>
15-02-2008, 03:18 PM
has anyone tried the michelin pilot precedas and the yoko s-drives?

tossing up between these two tyres - from experience which one is the better tyre in terms of longevity/grip?

andiiso
15-02-2008, 03:23 PM
ive got the Michelin PP2 on mine atm, and its great even though i have abused them (yes, i noe im stupid) and the sidewalls are all scalloped etc, but they are verii predicatble when driving, and good grip during dry, but mayb only a bit less confident in the wet, still the best thing i found was the predictability. Havent tried Yoko

<4n'D>
15-02-2008, 09:25 PM
thanks mate

cos i know the s-drives have a treadwear rating of 300, but also know they have more grip than the pilot precedas.

on the other hand i know that the pilot precedas are 'supposedly' more durable than the s-drives but i'm not sure by how much. does anyone know the treadwear rating on the pilot precedas?

minix33
15-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Falken FK452 - great tyres for the price [$350ish]. pity they don't come in my size =[

Kumho Ecsta SPT are suppose to be good as well

currently on stocks which are RE050's. Drive beautifully for daily but a bit weak for anything more. However, they were pretty annoying at skidpan since it was so grippy =[

andiiso
16-02-2008, 02:00 AM
they are 240 i pretty sure .. or was it 220 .. i noe it was around dat mark

<4n'D>
16-02-2008, 11:46 AM
S-drive beats the pilot precedas in terms of both grip and durability? theyre around the same price though..

:S

andiiso
16-02-2008, 01:35 PM
well S drives are the tyres that are put on porsche etc lolz, PP2 i noe of are put on the new civics .. but yea im yet to try the S drives, i dun think they came in 205/50/15

ozc
20-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I've got dunlop direezas on 195/50 and there nice and sticky. The price isn't to bad as well at $140.

T-onedc2
22-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey guys can you give me any idea of tyre noise levels with Yokohama AD07?

Bear in mind I've gone from Yokohama ES100 (quieter than previous Toyo GU:WN) to RE001 which are silent.

<4n'D>
23-02-2008, 10:28 AM
ad07 are definitely quieter than es100.

not sure about the re001s though, although i'd say they are quieter than ad07.

T-onedc2
23-02-2008, 10:31 AM
really? that better than expected
thanks

VTi_b0i
28-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Slightly off topic i think but what width is a 15inch Fat Five rim? and tyre sizes they can accommodate?

andiiso
28-02-2008, 05:21 PM
15x6.5 and best not to go or probs not even able to go over 205, as i have them on now

Limbo
28-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Slightly off topic i think but what width is a 15inch Fat Five rim? and tyre sizes they can accommodate?

mat 15inch rims can be 6 or 6.5 or 7 or 8. Depends on the mag itself.
Tyre selection also depends on the width

Limbo
28-02-2008, 07:26 PM
15x6.5 and best not to go or probs not even able to go over 205, as i have them on now

max is 225 on a 6.5

T-onedc2
28-02-2008, 07:31 PM
I believe them to be 6 inches wide, not 6.5, and 205 width is the max.

VTi_b0i
28-02-2008, 07:47 PM
thanks mate :) they are just for a daily so i dont need performance tyres on them haha

andiiso
28-02-2008, 07:59 PM
oh my bad, sorry lol, must have gotten mixed up 15x6 and yer 205 cos i have them on my ek4 stock rims .. and in my opinion, moving from 195 to 205 was great lolz feel it straight away

Limbo
29-02-2008, 09:37 AM
stock ek4 rims at 6 1/2.

looking at going to 215 but i can't find any tyres with the profile i want

Limbo
29-02-2008, 10:07 AM
anyone know where to get Fererals cheap?
i'm after ss595, but Blairs, bob Jane & Jax don't stock them
Anyone happen to know the price of a 205/55/15?

Dreams
29-02-2008, 11:55 AM
whats a non directional 16" tyres that are decent?

jim57a
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
did anyone get a price for re001 fr 195/55 r15
$159 each corner from bridgestone tyre centre.

jim57a
09-03-2008, 05:39 PM
just a warning for everyone thinking about RE001 195/50r15 for your ek, they don't have the correct load rating... i heard that it can actually void your insurance if the inspector knows his shit. 195/55r15 only cost a little extra per corner.

hogs
17-03-2008, 05:40 PM
just wondering what people think of the BS Adrenaline and yokohama Advan? which one would be better for low km drive around town? as well as in terms of wet and dry grip?
thankx

T-onedc2
17-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm on Adrenalines now and will have AD07's on new rims in a month or so, then I'll be able to answer :)

aaronng
17-03-2008, 05:51 PM
just wondering what people think of the BS Adrenaline and yokohama Advan? which one would be better for low km drive around town? as well as in terms of wet and dry grip?
thankx
Advan v103?
Or AD07?

I reckon AD07 would be more grippy because of the softer compound. RE001 is still a street performance tyre. AD07 is a step or two above that, just below A048

hogs
17-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Advan v103?
Or AD07?

I reckon AD07 would be more grippy because of the softer compound.

is softer compound better for low km city driving?
think u mentioned last time that soft tyre lasts longer as the rubber harden slower, right?
i'm driving an euro btw

aaronng
17-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Low km city driving, I would use a medium compound instead of a hard compound. I wouldn't waste my money on a high performance soft sports tyre like the AD07 if you were using it for daily sedate commute. Being in the city, I doubt you want to get hit by the speed cameras there.

I'd choose a good and economical tyre. I'm using RE001 at the moment and it is good for the price. It's not a hard compound but also not the softest one around.

<4n'D>
18-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Low km city driving, I would use a medium compound instead of a hard compound. I wouldn't waste my money on a high performance soft sports tyre like the AD07 if you were using it for daily sedate commute. Being in the city, I doubt you want to get hit by the speed cameras there.

I'd choose a good and economical tyre. I'm using RE001 at the moment and it is good for the price. It's not a hard compound but also not the softest one around.

seconded.

buying ad07 for city driving is a bit of waste of money - you wouldn't ever need something that grippy anyway. re001 suits the requirements better economically.

aaronng
18-03-2008, 08:25 AM
I paid $208 for RE001 in 205/55 R16 in Melb and now in Sydney, I just bought 2 more for $165 each!!! Hornsby Bob Jane.

<4n'D>
18-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I paid $208 for RE001 in 205/55 R16 in Melb and now in Sydney, I just bought 2 more for $165 each!!! Hornsby Bob Jane.

thats a really great price. i got quoted in excess of 200 bucks/corner for 225/50/16

curik
27-03-2008, 08:57 PM

Did you ask how much for either Yoko C or S drives? So for the price you paid do you think the RE001 is the best? I need to change my tyres soon as well :wave:

aaronng
27-03-2008, 11:16 PM
C.Drives were almost the same price as the RE001 in Melb. Price difference of $2 to 4 per corner.

curik
28-03-2008, 07:20 AM
$165? Thats a bargain! Is that on special or regular price?

aaronng
28-03-2008, 08:17 AM
$165? Thats a bargain! Is that on special or regular price?

Regular. From Bob Jane Hornsby here in NSW.

curik
28-03-2008, 09:42 AM
What about Bob Jane in VIC? How is tyre noise and performance vs stock dunlops?

aaronng
28-03-2008, 01:08 PM
What about Bob Jane in VIC? How is tyre noise and performance vs stock dunlops?

You should call them up to find out. And they shit all over the stock Dunlops. The gain in grip is probably better than going from stock suspension to coils.

ziaimu
30-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Are any good tyres for the size 195/65/15?

nigs
01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Nah not really aye, they're all sold out world wide. :(

rikstar
02-04-2008, 07:22 PM
hi guys, been looking around for new tires and after reading this thread i'm still not sure what to buy.

Does anyone have any experience with Pirelli PZero Nero? I hear they are expensive, but do you get what you pay for?

Sypherg
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
hi guys, been looking around for new tires and after reading this thread i'm still not sure what to buy.

Does anyone have any experience with Pirelli PZero Nero? I hear they are expensive, but do you get what you pay for?

Yes, I am using them on my DC5R.

I find them to be a great street tyre, grippy on demand.. they tend to make some noise on hard cornering but it sticks very well even on the rain! I have not yet tried them on a really cold day, but it is suppose to be an all weather tyre, its exceptional on the rain, not sure how they perform on a racetrack. i have no complaints with these, very good quality tyres and yes they are pricey.... i would not hesitate to purchase them again.

rikstar
02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Yes, I am using them on my DC5R.

I find them to be a great street tyre, grippy on demand.. they tend to make some noise on hard cornering but it sticks very well even on the rain! I have not yet tried them on a really cold day, but it is suppose to be an all weather tyre, its exceptional on the rain, not sure how they perform on a racetrack. i have no complaints with these, very good quality tyres and yes they are pricey.... i would not hesitate to purchase them again.

what size did you buy and how much?

Zilli
03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
wow... OEM on Ferrari's...

ITRDC2
03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi guys, i just purchased 4 x RE-001 195/55/R15 @ The Tyre Factory today and cost me $150 each including wheel balancing. BUT I FOUND THE TYRE IS MADE IN AUSTRALIA!another day i quote from Bridgestone store in city and they were asking for $185 each, so are they selling the RE-001s for MADE IN JAPAN?if then i will be so disappointed, if $150 is not made in japan, then i rather spend $185 on made in japan ....so anyone can answer my questions???cheers

Mr_will
04-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi guys, i just purchased 4 x RE-001 195/55/R15 @ The Tyre Factory today and cost me $150 each including wheel balancing. BUT I FOUND THE TYRE IS MADE IN AUSTRALIA!another day i quote from Bridgestone store in city and they were asking for $185 each, so are they selling the RE-001s for MADE IN JAPAN?if then i will be so disappointed, if $150 is not made in japan, then i rather spend $185 on made in japan ....so anyone can answer my questions???cheers

why do you care where its made? australian's arent exactly stupid.

curik
04-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Lol, tyres are completely made on a machine, so it won't matter where they are made in. Spending an extra $140 (4x$35) just to get "made in Japan" is stupid.

slidetaker
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Lol, tyres are completely made on a machine, so it won't matter where they are made in. Spending an extra $140 (4x$35) just to get "made in Japan" is stupid.

Try telling that to all the users of Thailand made F1 GSD3 ....:zip:

string
04-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Try telling that to all the users of Thailand made F1 GSD3 ....:zip:

Exactally. Sure they'll be made on the same machine but you can bet that the same shit doesn't go into them.

ITRDC2
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
nah guys, i forgot to say that the finisihing of the tyre is not as good as the jap one. its hard to explain, coz Japan is well known that always leave the best qulity prudct for themself.

Riviera
04-04-2008, 10:03 AM
nah guys, i forgot to say that the finisihing of the tyre is not as good as the jap one. its hard to explain, coz Japan is well known that always leave the best qulity prudct for themself.

lol true, wouldnt you???

I have the Bridgestone Grid II on the front they are directional $125 each,
and randoms on the back i had venturas all round but i noticed i was getitng
understeer in the front. After upgrading to the Grid II's in the front i find it
great when theres sumone tailgating me into a roundabout about being able
to power into and out of it..

i dont think they make this tyre anymore though theyve gone to Grid III

very quiet compared to the Eagle Venturas

gheybo
05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
haven't seen anyone mention Toyo T1R's, how good are they compare to Bridge stone Re001's?

Bludger
05-04-2008, 09:17 PM
haven't seen anyone mention Toyo T1R's, how good are they compare to Bridge stone Re001's?there is plenty mentioned back, middle of last year........

look it up, go back a fair few pages

but yoko es100 > toyo t1r

I think es100's are renamed s-drive or something now

aaronng
05-04-2008, 10:24 PM
there is plenty mentioned back, middle of last year........

look it up, go back a fair few pages

but yoko es100 > toyo t1r

I think es100's are renamed s-drive or something now

ES100 was not renamed as S-drive.

Bludger
05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
ES100 was not renamed as S-drive.whats the es100 replacement Aaron?

aaronng
05-04-2008, 10:42 PM
whats the es100 replacement Aaron?
No idea. I don't see any current locally-available Yokohama tyres with a similar tread pattern to the ES100.

B18cEG
06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I had a set of the es100 in 205 50 15 on my b18c eg, they performed great hey, got nice and warm really quick, quiet, great handling over stock teg vti-r tyres, i paid $155 each from bridgestone, a mate i knew worked there. this was about 2.5 years ago, can u still get them now and how much, just curious.

Thanks

mugen24
12-04-2008, 02:15 AM
toyo T1R would be the best i have used...
205/45/14 $175 each

augie7400
12-04-2008, 03:11 AM
hey, what do you guys think of the Goodyear F1 GDs3 tyre? Cause i heard previously, those tyres that are made in Thailand is a total let down. Are those Made in Thailand tyres so much different compared to the ones made in Germany?

genkimashi
12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
any 1 use nitto here b4 ?? street version 1... any gd ?? specific which nitto u use plz... :)

Philip Lee
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
anyone tried Falken ZE912?

http://www.falken.com.au/tyres/passenger-ZE912.html

typercivic
17-04-2008, 09:29 PM
About to order a set of 4 re-01r from tire rack so lets see how they go.

EK Civic R
18-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Don't get the PZeros.. I got them on my euro now..
The stock RE040s are much better..
The Pirelli's are better in the wet, but not worth the value..

I've used both tyres on the street and track, the stock RE040s are much more grippier.. At wakefield was getting at least 2-3sec faster lap times with the bridgestones..

Feverpitched
18-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Falken GRB FK451

215/45/17 - $160 a corner from The Tyre Factory.

Now superceded by the FK452, but still a great tyre. Is on the soft side of medium, and gives some road noise but once you've gotten some heat into them they'll do very well considering the price. Out of 10 I'd give a 7 - 7.5. Great for those on a budget.

B18cEG
20-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Wondering if you guys can help, My fully built b18c 92 eg hatch will be ready soon and i need to buy a pair of slicks when i take it down to the drags later this year, I will be running a 15" rim and just wondering what size tire to get from anyones experience, i will be putting down at leats 210WHP and want the widest tyre i can fit just for the drags, not bothered if i cant make full lock turns, one more question, on the Integra vti-r 15" fat five rims that i have now what is the widest tyre i can fit on, prefer to be able to full lock but if it is not capable by 10-30mm that will do.
Thanks everyone

B18cEG
09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Any thoughts guys, Currently i have 205-50-15, need wider, much wider

Thanks

T-onedc2
09-05-2008, 05:41 PM
The fat fives are 15x6 with 195 width stock, you could at least fit 215 to 225 tyres I would think if not more.
Wait for someone who knows more than me tho.

EGJOE
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-03 diff to entry level ones did very well in mag tests

dc2dc2dc2
09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
how are bob janes all rounders?
anyone used them?

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2008, 08:57 PM
how are bob janes all rounders?
anyone used them?

Not bad but not as good as my LingLongs.
They are more for family cars.

krogoth
10-05-2008, 12:54 AM
^linglongs????????????????

dc2dc2dc2
10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
really?
bob janes all rounders are worse than ling longs?

wow.
lol
must be pretty bad.

hogs
10-05-2008, 05:42 PM
just a quick update!!
brought a Bridgestone RE001 225/45/17 for $289, fitted and balanced from Bridgestone centre in melbourne.
cheers

Saget
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
I got 195/65/15 for my DC2R - $165 per corner from Tyrepower.

aaronng
10-05-2008, 08:57 PM
My 205/55 R16 was $165 from Hornsby Bob Jane. Quoted $21x at Blacktown Bridgestone though...

KermitDeWog
12-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Has anyone used or heard anything of the Silverstone FTZ type R???

http://www.silverstonecompetitiontyres.com/ftzrr.jpg

http://www.silverstonecompetitiontyres.com/FTZtypeR.htm

Centurius
13-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Any thoughts guys, Currently i have 205-50-15, need wider, much wider

Thanks

Don't get too hung up on width, not gonna get into the whole debate as there's already quite a few threads on here. But you'll find it's more about tyre compound and psi rather than width.

B18cEG
13-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Don't get too hung up on width, not gonna get into the whole debate as there's already quite a few threads on here. But you'll find it's more about tyre compound and psi rather than width.

I know not only wider will help, i am just trying to find the widest then choose the tyre

philBo
15-05-2008, 02:23 PM
currently running yokohama A539's, but due to a puncture i have i will need to change 2 of my tyres. does anyone know of a similar tyre to the ones i mentioned, without breaking my piggy bank??
http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=67
^ the ones im running. would you know which of the newer 'yokos' have superceded these? thanks guys...bit of a noob with tyres.

andiiso
15-05-2008, 05:13 PM
ey guys, not long ago i bought Michelin PP2 and i was happy wid them, performed quite well in dry and not too bad in wet (a lil above average i would say) and that was 1yr n a half ago, and now its time for new tyres as i have badly dmged 1 .. long story lol ... lookin into getting either Bridgestone Re-001, Yokohama S drive, Hankook Rs2 Or Toyo T1R

in size 205/50/15

Re-001 - $180
S-Drive - $180
T1R - $200
RS2 - $200

any suggestions ? i know there are reviews on them on previous pages .. but i would like specific recommendations n reviews on these in comparison for my Civic VtiR no track work just occasional spirited around corners .. i wanna know how they compare by wear and grip so i can decide on which is better for me like if one grips awesome but wears too quick compared to a more even one etc .. these are the only tyres im lookin at .. not too interested in others lol

any help would be nice

thanks guys
andiiso

nick_sixx
15-05-2008, 07:26 PM
^^ just got potenza re001's in 195/50/15, i highly recommend them. $143 fitted from bridgestone, just finished breaking them in (around 400-500kms). they have fantastic grip in dry weather (compared to my old dunlop fm901's) and have halved my breaking distance. when they lose traction its gradual so very controllable. absolutely great tyre.

T-onedc2
15-05-2008, 07:34 PM
as said before Potenza RE001 are excellent and quiet

andiiso
15-05-2008, 07:39 PM
oh i c .. thanks guys .. any more experiences wid them ? and also S drives etc ?

T-onedc2
15-05-2008, 07:41 PM
S-Drives were supposed to be the successor to A539 and ES100 but are a harder compound an don't really cut it from what I've heard.

kongfu
15-05-2008, 10:03 PM
oh i c .. thanks guys .. any more experiences wid them ? and also S drives etc ?

S drive is better than RE001 without doubt.. Its Yokohama top of range.

Friends using them on EVO and Euro, very good grip in wet and noisy free.:thumbsup:

Bludger
15-05-2008, 10:12 PM
ey guys, not long ago i bought Michelin PP2 and i was happy wid them, performed quite well in dry and not too bad in wet (a lil above average i would say) and that was 1yr n a half ago, and now its time for new tyres as i have badly dmged 1 .. long story lol ... lookin into getting either Bridgestone Re-001, Yokohama S drive, Hankook Rs2 Or Toyo T1R

in size 205/50/15

Re-001 - $180
S-Drive - $180
T1R - $200
RS2 - $200

any suggestions ? i know there are reviews on them on previous pages .. but i would like specific recommendations n reviews on these in comparison for my Civic VtiR no track work just occasional spirited around corners .. i wanna know how they compare by wear and grip so i can decide on which is better for me like if one grips awesome but wears too quick compared to a more even one etc .. these are the only tyres im lookin at .. not too interested in others lol

any help would be nice

thanks guys
andiisoT1r's are good

but too much hype I reckon......

way over talked about.....

i'm running them atm, still can't get over es100:mad:

best tire i have ever used

S drive is better than RE001 without doubt.. Its Yokohama top of range.

Friends using them on EVO and Euro, very good grip in wet and noisy free.:thumbsup:Yokohama's top of line tire, but not as good as the old school Es100

I miss my es100 so, so, much

S-Drives were supposed to be the successor to A539 and ES100 but are a harder compound an don't really cut it from what I've heard.thats what i said

S-drive is the successor to es100

but Aaron disagrees :o

he says they have a different tread pattern

T-onedc2
15-05-2008, 10:23 PM
thats what i said

S-drive is the successor to es100

but Aaron disagrees :o

he says they have a different tread pattern
Oh sorry yeah they do have a very different pattern and because of it the S-drive will no doubt be quieter, I think I meant the successor in the Australian market as we miss out on so many good tyres. I loved my ES100s but love my AD07s more now :p

Bludger
15-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh sorry yeah they do have a very different pattern and because of it the S-drive will no doubt be quieter, I think I meant the successor in the Australian market as we miss out on so many good tyres. I loved my ES100s but love my AD07s more now :pthat good?

plz gimme a rundown es100 compared to ad07....

T-onedc2
15-05-2008, 10:32 PM
that good?

plz gimme a rundown es100 compared to ad07....

I've had the AD07s for barely 1000km so far, and recently had a chance to really push them and the stability and outright grip was amazing with no squeal, the tread blocks are larger than ES100 but the outer edge deisgn is very similar, I do suspect tyre noise may be slightly higher as a result of the large blocks.

philBo
15-05-2008, 10:40 PM

in size 205/50/15

Re-001 - $180
S-Drive - $180
T1R - $200
RS2 - $200

any help would be nice

thanks guys
andiiso

for the re001's i got quoted about 165/corner from donellans in boxhill bro. but that was in a 195/55/r15. so shouldnt be much different to the price i got.

andiiso
16-05-2008, 06:30 AM
the price $180 is for this stupid size 205/50/r15 lol, and also its from a place i know and it doesnt seem too bad of a price to me so i thought meh cbf going around lookin for it as i can just bring my rims into work and theyll pik it up n bring them bak to me n all.

philBo
16-05-2008, 12:58 PM
the price $180 is for this stupid size 205/50/r15 lol, and also its from a place i know and it doesnt seem too bad of a price to me so i thought meh cbf going around lookin for it as i can just bring my rims into work and theyll pik it up n bring them bak to me n all.

lol its up to you. if i could save about 60 bucks then id sure as hell would do it.

raz05
16-05-2008, 01:58 PM
philBo, would u consider Federal 595RS or 595RS-R, I'm using them at the moment. I think they are great for their price. Grip level is about the same as AD07

euro77
16-05-2008, 02:12 PM
where do you get AD07 from?

Bludger
16-05-2008, 02:17 PM
where do you get AD07 from?check yokohama website for nationwide dealers..

andiiso
16-05-2008, 05:29 PM
lol its up to you. if i could save about 60 bucks then id sure as hell would do it.

well the for ur size 195 to my size 205 only jump 20 dollars, but plus they come to me n pik up my rims n then take it n return it when they done on the same day so i guess i pay for their petrol n effort lol i dun mind, its much more convenient for me instead of me droppin car off n then finding a way to work n all.

euro77
16-05-2008, 09:06 PM
check yokohama website for nationwide dealers..

They don't list AD07 anywhere in their website, so I thought it's not available easily (other than import). So Bob Jane would definitely have it?

Chi
16-05-2008, 09:17 PM
They don't list AD07 anywhere in their website, so I thought it's not available easily (other than import). So Bob Jane would definitely have it?

AD07 is only import.

Tyres Ive tried and highly recommend

Goodyear F1 GS-D3
Advan AD07

euro77
18-05-2008, 12:13 PM
AD07 is only import.

Goodyear F1 GS-D3
Advan AD07

can you list (or pm is fine) shops that sells AD07? Thanks!

I've used Goodyear F1 GS-D3, found it alright, would you rate AD07 higher/lower/about the same?

Bludger
18-05-2008, 12:25 PM
can you list (or pm is fine) shops that sells AD07? Thanks!

I've used Goodyear F1 GS-D3, found it alright, would you rate AD07 higher/lower/about the same?seen a few sets floating around the trader/for sale section.....

have a look in there dood

euro77
18-05-2008, 12:47 PM
didn't see any with 18", but thanks, I'll keep checking that section

T-onedc2
18-05-2008, 01:46 PM
AD07 is only import.

Goodyear F1 GS-D3
Advan AD07
AD07 is currently available, got mine from Bob Jane. Since the Ralliart Colt uses 205/45 16 they are available in that size I know.

euro77
25-05-2008, 03:07 PM
just had a quick read of the wheels tyre test and the new (soon to be launched) goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric seems to have flying colours compared to others tested. might be worth waiting for it to come in before replacing your tyres. available 17" - 19" only if not mistaken.

rusty
26-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Has anyone purchased Goodyear REGATTA? What do you think? Is it any good?
I am thinking of buying this tyre for my civic (size 185/70R14).
Do you hate it or love it?
What about handling, comfort, noise & treadwear?
Thanks

Gio
05-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey guys ill be looking for some tires soon for my new 15"X6.5's. My budget is 150 per corner what should i be looking at, i only drive on the street.

bennjamin
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
anyone have any experience with 14inch tyres , in LOW profiles ?

IE 50 or 45 profile...

Hullabaloo
16-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Does anyone know if the Australian/Japanese Bridgestone RE001's are the same as the American RE760's? they look the same but the UTQC for the AUS/JAP ones are 220 i think, where as the american bridgestone site says 340 for the RE760's.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Potenza+RE760+Sport

T-onedc2
16-06-2008, 12:56 PM
the UTQC for the AUS/JAP ones are 220 i think
correct

aaronng
16-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Probably a different compound since RE001 has a lower treadwear rating (softer compound)

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 02:13 PM
anyone had AD07's and RE001's? Interested in which would be better

I got quoted $220 per corner for 195/55/15 yoko S drives the other day...bloody ridiculous

krogoth
16-06-2008, 02:25 PM
wtf...$220 a corner, lol

where u gona get ad07s from?

i dont think theyr sold locally

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 02:28 PM
AD07 is currently available, got mine from Bob Jane. Since the Ralliart Colt uses 205/45 16 they are available in that size I know.

wtf...$220 a corner, lol

where u gona get ad07s from?

i dont think theyr sold locally

does anyone know the treadwear rating of ad07?

aaronng
16-06-2008, 03:01 PM
does anyone know the treadwear rating of ad07?
AD07 is 180.

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 03:02 PM
AD07 is 180.

jeebus thats low. it would want to be very grippy. theyd be lucky to last 10 000kms wouldnt they?

aaronng
16-06-2008, 04:09 PM
jeebus thats low. it would want to be very grippy. theyd be lucky to last 10 000kms wouldnt they?

They will last, don't worry. The bridgestone S02 that came as OEM tyres on the S2000 had a treadwear rating of only 140!

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 04:23 PM
They will last, don't worry. The bridgestone S02 that came as OEM tyres on the S2000 had a treadwear rating of only 140!

so how do they come up with the figure, i assume there is a standard test? sounds like you are of the opinion that it does not necessarily mean much

aaronng
16-06-2008, 04:33 PM
so how do they come up with the figure, i assume there is a standard test? sounds like you are of the opinion that it does not necessarily mean much

It's a standard test under standard conditions which might not be representative of actual road use, just like the EPA fuel consumption numbers. Only use is if you compared the 180 to 220, then the 220 would last 22% longer than the 180. Not a drastic difference When you start driving harder, then the numbers don't make much sense. A soft grippy tyre will wear less than a hard less grippy tyre if the hard grippy tyre is sliding, while the soft one is still gripping, both cars at the same speed.

T-onedc2
16-06-2008, 05:12 PM
yep... believe me they are very grippy :)

had mine for a couple thousand so far and they are wearing well. Two things to remember are, what aaron said, and that the contact patch is quite large meaning at any given time there's probably more rubber on the road therefore the whole tyre wears at a slower rate.

ps. a while ago I had Yokohama ES100's with a wear rating of 280, these wore kinda fast, a bit faster than Bridgestone RE001's which are 220.

Hullabaloo
16-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't read too much into UTQC's. My old RE050's had a rating of 140 yet they lasted me 45k km. (a lot of highway driving though).

EG30
16-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't read too much into UTQC's. My old RE050's had a rating of 140 yet they lasted me 45k km. (a lot of highway driving though).

had mine for a couple thousand so far and they are wearing well. Two things to remember are, what aaron said, and that the contact patch is quite large meaning at any given time there's probably more rubber on the road therefore the whole tyre wears at a slower rate. Do a wiki search on the rating system and you'll realised who loose the definations are, with manufacturers submitting the ratings for the American market primarily.

ps. a while ago I had Yokohama ES100's with a wear rating of 280, these wore kinda fast, a bit faster than Bridgestone RE001's which are 220.

cant agree more with you guys there about the tread wear rating, good to see there are ppl on this forum judging tyre life based on past experiences rather than blindly believe the TRW printed on the tyrewalls.

I'll post up pics of a set of RE711 I bought some 5 years back that has done over 90,000kms and yet has some 10,000kms left in them. Dont forget when the tyres are gripping well there is no abnormal wear, a sliding rock hard tyre wears fast. Not surprised about the ES100, after 2-3 years even with over 50&#37; tread depth they become rock hard.

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 06:24 PM

had mine for a couple thousand so far and they are wearing well. Two things to remember are, what aaron said, and that the contact patch is quite large meaning at any given time there's probably more rubber on the road therefore the whole tyre wears at a slower rate.

hmm. Thanks for the advice, starting to question the treadwear ratings thats for sure. I have been very unimpressed with how my T1r's have worn - the outside edge is almost bald, yet there is a solid ~3mm in the middle and inner edge.

If it was dodgy pressure, they should have worn more on both the outside and inside edge (assuming pressure was too low) or in the middle (if it was too high), so I can only assume I need to drive a little more sedately.

Bludger
16-06-2008, 06:49 PM
hmm. Thanks for the advice, starting to question the treadwear ratings thats for sure. I have been very unimpressed with how my T1r's have worn - the outside edge is almost bald, yet there is a solid ~3mm in the middle and inner edge.

If it was dodgy pressure, they should have worn more on both the outside and inside edge (assuming pressure was too low) or in the middle (if it was too high), so I can only assume I need to drive a little more sedately.my set came on about this time last year.

haven't been rotated yet, hence Bludger/mrlazy

rears still 90%+
fronts 50%+
very even wear, no camber wear at all

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 06:56 PM
my set came on about this time last year.

haven't been rotated yet, hence Bludger/mrlazy

rears still 90%+
fronts 50%+
very even wear, no camber wear at all

how many k's have you done?

and how hard do you drive?

aaronng
16-06-2008, 07:01 PM

If it was dodgy pressure, they should have worn more on both the outside and inside edge (assuming pressure was too low) or in the middle (if it was too high), so I can only assume I need to drive a little more sedately.

Looks like you have been driving hard on a tyre with lower than normal pressure and soft suspension? What tyre pressure are you using?

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Looks like you have been driving hard on a tyre with lower than normal pressure and soft suspension? What tyre pressure are you using?

250kpa. i guess i drive hard sometimes - although i didnt think i drove hard enough to induce this sort of wear, this quickly (that being said i have nothing on which to base this)

EG30
16-06-2008, 07:17 PM
that sort of wear usual.

i would check the wheel align settings, may be you have positive camber on that wheel, and possibly with excessive toe on top of that.

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 07:22 PM
that sort of wear usual.

i would check the wheel align settings, may be you have positive camber on that wheel, and possibly with excessive toe on top of that.

yeah i had some issues with the business i bought them from, initially. one side on the front was wearing remarkably more quickly than the other.

they blamed this on the fact that roundabouts are always entered the same way and this can cause excess wear.

now, thanks to the intial wear pattern, theyve continued to wear unevenly and 2 are now due for replacement. bah

Bludger
16-06-2008, 07:23 PM
how many k's have you done?

and how hard do you drive?between 10k - 15k (don't keep a record of these things)
I never launch 1st gear, but i chirp 2nd a lot of the time when i do drive hard.

maybe 50% hard driving and 50% normal driving. again, i never keep an eye on these things, I just enjoy.

btw, my tire pressure is always on 38psi, front & rear.
cusco zero2 spring rate f8 r6..... front setting 3, rear setting 2

aaronng
16-06-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah i had some issues with the business i bought them from, initially. one side on the front was wearing remarkably more quickly than the other.

they blamed this on the fact that roundabouts are always entered the same way and this can cause excess wear.

now, thanks to the intial wear pattern, theyve continued to wear unevenly and 2 are now due for replacement. bah
When was the last time you did an alignment on your car?

Mr_will
16-06-2008, 09:05 PM
When was the last time you did an alignment on your car?

ive deadset had about a thousand alignments - done probly 7500-10 000kms since ive bought the tyres and ive had 4 alignments since

aaronng
16-06-2008, 09:09 PM
What were the alignment readouts?

yuentinlon
16-06-2008, 09:17 PM
if a set of falken RT 215 is made in 2003

are they still ok for use?? 120 each.

any recommend for 14' ???

tank
16-06-2008, 09:22 PM
if a set of falken RT 215 is made in 2003

are they still ok for use?? 120 each.

any recommend for 14' ???

The short answer is 'no'. Most street tyres expire after 5 years.

yuentinlon
16-06-2008, 09:25 PM

so i shouldnt buy them .... right ???

>.<

Bludger
16-06-2008, 09:26 PM
The short answer is 'no'. Most street tyres expire after 5 years.he said it here, plain and simple

T-onedc2
16-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I've had some sitting in the garage as of recently, is there any way to help preserve them even a little to stop them going hard? eg. vacuum sealed in plastic.

aaronng
16-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Agreed, they harden up and become brittle with less grip too.

yuentinlon
16-06-2008, 10:27 PM
so ... where can i buy a good perfromence tyres for 14'

and about 100 - 140 each .....

i feel really sad about that coz i used a lot of time to ask all

tyres dealer about 14' tyres... may be really expensive or may be not good

enough ....

aaronng
16-06-2008, 10:31 PM
14"? You can get RE001 for $100. Pretty good.

yuentinlon
16-06-2008, 10:54 PM
14"? You can get RE001 for $100. Pretty good.

you sure @@? i am in brisbane , where can i find them ??@@

tank
16-06-2008, 11:41 PM
so ... where can i buy a good perfromence tyres for 14'

and about 100 - 140 each .....

Don't get anything narrower than 185 width in 14 inch.

Try Yokohama C-Drive. The MX5 crowd have good experiences with this tyre.

Otherwise, you'll have to up your budget and get the Falken RT615. Get the 195/60/14.

yuentinlon
17-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Don't get anything narrower than 185 width in 14 inch.

Try Yokohama C-Drive. The MX5 crowd have good experiences with this tyre.

Otherwise, you'll have to up your budget and get the Falken RT615. Get the 195/60/14.

but why i cant get 175 ???? for what reason ??

coz i am using 185 ... is that a big troble???

aaronng
17-06-2008, 04:31 PM
you sure @@? i am in brisbane , where can i find them ??@@

I lied... they come in 15" or bigger only. As tank said, try Yoko C.Drive.

yuentinlon
17-06-2008, 06:23 PM
But Whats The Diff. Between 175 And 185 , Why 175 Is Not Ok For 14

>.< Really Want To Know