PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of this electric intake system

pjdm
30-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, browsing thought ebay I came accross this item. It's an electric intake system that when at WOT activates an electric motor which forces air into the engine.

Anyway, just wondering of your thoughts of this product.

Here's the link.. The Force Flow Intake System (http://www.force-flow.com/index.htm)

ekslut
30-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Keep away from all these fancy intake systems. All they usually are, are gimicks that do nothing.

Stick to the tried and tested intakes like K&N, Apexi, Trust, etc..

BTW. Personally I dont think on Honda's a intake is the best way to spend your money. Honda's ones are pretty damn good stock. Just get a panel filter, and with the money you have saved do something else which will give you better results. ie. suspension, upgrade brakes, etc..

mugeneration
30-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Haha nar dude steer clear of these crappy gimmicky products, which sound good in theory coz in reality they are usually stinkers. Fact is at low revs this motor (if powerful enough) will only produce the tiniest gains. Ive got a feeling that an electric motor that small couldnt force enough air in to make a difference at high revs and in fact will probably choke your intake.

If you ask me you should do just what ekslut suggested, buy a panel or pod filter and spend the extra cash on sumthin like new ignition leads, spark plugs or sumthin.

pjdm
30-03-2006, 03:57 PM
i wasn't really intending to purchase this item. i just wanted to know others thought about it.
im more looking at j's racing cf intake along with x-force 4-2-1 and 2.25" cat-back as soon as i have enough $$$. just a few more working weeks :(

mugeneration
30-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a good plan. You'll LOVE the sound of your exhaust after doing that.

Nuttz
30-03-2006, 08:21 PM
In theory it sounds good. If the motor can provide more CFM than your motor can handle.. from what I remember at wide open throttle a 1.6lt motor will draw about 800cfm. Now this little motor claims to do upto 1000cfm. Its almost believable because it draws so much amps. But I havent heard of anyone actaully trying one. I have heard of ppl trying the cheap E-bay versions which have little toy motors in them and actaully decrease power.