PDA

View Full Version : sunroof/moonroof

VTI-00H
21-04-2004, 08:44 PM
any one having problems with their sunroof not opening?!? i haven a 94 eg civic and tonight the thing just wouldnt open, it would lift partly but thats all it would go. the car was running etc (so it wasnt on reds) anyone have any idea?!?! is it common?

or am i just going to have to take it to an auto elec?!?

thanks peeps

Weq
21-04-2004, 11:40 PM
u can check it out urself.. possible a dry solder joint or something, as the open and tilt are 2 different switches

u can have a look at it urself, get a muilti meter and take apart the bottom of ur dash :)

SIKCVC
21-04-2004, 11:49 PM
fuses possibly.

Bumble B
25-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Sorry dude, never had problems with mine

ian
04-05-2004, 01:23 PM
i've got an aftermarket tilt and slide on my civic vtir coupe, it's great! I've had it for over 3 years and have had no major problems with it. sometimes it would stick when i open it and it would automatically close. the reason was just a dirty track. try cleaning it and re-greasing so that it would slide smoothly.

hope you've already worked it out! good luck!

VTI-00H
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
well i have cleaned the track and re-greased it but to no avail, and just like u ian it sticks too sumtimes and wont open... i have had a fiddle around, but cant fix the problem...

i noticed that there are two springs on each side where the tracks are and one of them has come off but i cannot get the bloody thing back on.. maybe this is the problem?!?! i dunno

i have give up hope... ill probably just send it to an auto elec or something as i know crap all about electronics :oops: :x

zorrt
05-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey I have the same problem on my DC2. Did you ever manage to get urs fixed?